Autographs?

GotPeart

My Irvine package's tracking got marked "Refused/Return To Sender" today, so #5 will probably be coming back. Sent 2112 LP there.

I did send #6 to LA Forum, but I suspect the same will happen with that one or I won't see it at all. Sent Exit...Stage Left LP there.

Oh well.....LONG LIVE RUSH!

I'm really wishing that one does come back for you- we will keep hoping!

My Irvine package's tracking got marked "Refused/Return To Sender" today, so #5 will probably be coming back. Sent 2112 LP there.

I did send #6 to LA Forum, but I suspect the same will happen with that one or I won't see it at all. Sent Exit...Stage Left LP there.

Oh well.....LONG LIVE RUSH!

WEAK. At least it's a good thing you're getting it back. I also sent a record to Irvine, it got delivered the day before the show, and since then it's been radio silence. It's only been a week, but I can't imagine they would've forwarded mine while refusing yours. Sucks.

#6 LA Forum tracking also marked as "being returned to sender" today. So, that is it for me. Wish I had all of that money I spent on shipping back now.... :-)

:facepalm:

I really don't get it.

So sorry Jeff, when I called Irvine they said they didn't forward mail...I also suspect that LA being the last show of the tour(or ever) that they wouldn't be signing things. Bum luck on the other venues you tried.

Sent my R40 tourbook to US Airways Center...Only 6 wakeups till #R40PHX! I'll let you all know if it comes back signed...

Peace!

Does Phoenix accept. I found a old list of venues that supposedly did not accept. San Jose and US Airways were two of them. I sent something off to San Jose. I figured what the heck it can't hurt

Emailed Phoenix and they said they would pass on packages to the tour manager. My Perm Waves LP is on its way there for try #4. Used USPS Priority Box this time and sharpie included. Fingers crossed.

good deal... I sent permanent waves to San Jose..... Hope you have luck

I had success with Phoenix on the Time Machine Tour. My R40 tourbook was delivered on 7/22 for the 7/27 show, but still have not seen hide nor hair of it. The return tracking is still not found. Hope it finds its way back soon....

#6 LA Forum tracking also marked as "being returned to sender" today. So, that is it for me. Wish I had all of that money I spent on shipping back now.... :-)

I'm sorry to hear that man! It seems that out of six times you would get something. Again, I'm sorry to hear that.

Sorry to add even more confusion to this whole thing, but third time is the charm. This just arrived from Irvine Meadows:

http://i59.tinypic.com/bi40hv.jpg

I'm super pumped. I have no idea why they forwarded mine and rejected others, but finally success. Other than a crease in the right top corner, it came back in decent condition too considering the trip from Boston to California and back to Boston. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like Geddy is who personalized it? Also i'll point out that it must truly be luck of the draw because I did absolutely nothing different in regards to how I sent it as compared to my past two failures. Could even come down to who is working the mailroom at the arena on a particular day and if he/she wants to be bothered forwarding mail. Who knows...anyways, this bad larry is going in a frame on my wall. Thanks Rush.

Edited by kaijueiga
  • Like 6

I just received power windows LP back from a Irvine today ..... Permanent waves came back from Phoenix in my return mailer unsigned .... I used the ready post mailers ... Easy for them to open and close.... I'm waiting for Snakes and Arrows LP ... Sent it to Vegas returned same way unsigned ... So I sent it to the Forum ... That is the last one I need autographed for my collection ... I hope the cover comes back will be a couple hundred to replace.

I just received power windows LP back from a Irvine today ..... Permanent waves came back from Phoenix in my return mailer unsigned .... I used the ready post mailers ... Easy for them to open and close.... I'm waiting for Snakes and Arrows LP ... Sent it to Vegas returned same way unsigned ... So I sent it to the Forum ... That is the last one I need autographed for my collection ... I hope the cover comes back will be a couple hundred to replace.

Good luck! Hopefully it comes back signed for you.

Some good news to report! A good friend of mine who also sent to Detroit and New Jersey but got those back unsigned sent try #3 to Portland. He got his Signals LP back signed by all three. Alex did the personalization. His first Rush show ever was on the Signals Tour, so he was thrilled!
  • Like 4

So an old friend of mine saw my successes from the tour and asked for help. She had never tried anything like this, so I walked her through the process. She is learning to play drums, and she wanted to try to mail Neil one of his signature sticks hoping he would autograph it. I told her I thought sticks might be a tough item to get signed, but she insisted. So, I helped her mail for Irvine.

She got her return envelope today. The stick she sent wasn't in it.

Instead, she was sent two of Neil's sticks that are obviously used. Oh, and they sent her a signed program, paying additional postage.

Not bad for a first attempt huh?

11813443_10154115909744196_6587976298277393869_n.jpg?oh=4b1767092fb6edbc68c0689cb835836f&oe=5681A20B

Edited by DiamondDave
  • Like 9

Wow! That's pretty good! I bet she's quite happy. Maybe the stick she sent poked a hole in the package and got lost in transit? Or got crushed? Either way, it was very nice of them to do what they did. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

So an old friend of mine saw my successes from the tour and asked for help. She had never tried anything like this, so I walked her through the process. She is learning to play drums, and she wanted to try to mail Neil one of his signature sticks hoping he would autograph it. I told her I thought sticks might be a tough item to get signed, but she insisted. So, I helped her mail for Irvine.

She got her return envelope today. The stick she sent wasn't in it.

Instead, she was sent two of Neil's sticks that are obviously used. Oh, and they sent her a signed program, paying additional postage.

Not bad for a first attempt huh?

11813443_10154115909744196_6587976298277393869_n.jpg?oh=4b1767092fb6edbc68c0689cb835836f&oe=5681A20B

So wonderful for your friend! That is really awesome and so cool for a drummer to have!

• Like 1