Autographs?

GotPeart

Has anyone else gotten their Seattle package back? Or am I the first?

Have heard nothing from my nephew in Denver, so maybe tomorrow? The return envelope and everything was addressed to him since I was asking them to do it for him, so we'll see. :)

• Like 1

They used some kind of a silver felt tip and signed on their black tops. Geddy signed on his forearm that is on top of his Fender bass.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Wasn't it exciting to open it?? So cool that all three signed in silver; you have something to hold on to to remember R40 always! :D

I'm impressed with the thoughtfulness that went into it. It wasn't just a "let's hurry up and do it so we can get it over with" type of thing. Like "let's just sign anywhere with anything - who cares if the person can make our signatures out or not".

It endears them to me all the more. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sooo happy you/ve got your RS back already!!!! :D That's awesome!!

Edited by Catch The Mystery
  • Like 1

My USPS tracking number isn't bringing anything up for my AFTK album.

Should I give up all hope or are these things not always reliable?

USPS is the worst tracking system. In my past experiences it usually updates the day it's going to be delivered.

And they wonder why they are going under.

That and the fact that they don't ship large packages for as good a price as someone like FedEx or UPS.

• Like 1

primemover and beauty and the bass - so glad you liked my photo - that was the best one I took that had all 3 in it - so happy they signed a photo I took - means the world to me. The Seeker - too funny and yeah that may be your camera in my photo - I was section 11 row H so pretty much 8th row dead center on the floor. Lorraine - so cool you got your Rolling Stone magazine signed - hope every who sent something in gets their stuff back and signed. very cool of Liam and the band to take the time to sign stuff for their fans.
  • Like 1

I had previously sent a picture I had taken to be autographed on last three tours and never received anything back. I did the same thing for this tour and sent it to Wells Fargo in Philly, the show I was attending. About 3 days later, I got the envelope back - so excited, opened it up and enclosed was unsigned photo and letter of appreciation I sent. I was disappointed but understood if it never was signed, I am just fully appreciative of the music and all the years of great concerts and albums. Anyways, I did say to myself, well, if this is looking like it is going to be the last tour, why not try one more time. So, I sent a photo I took at the philly concert to their show in Kansas City, way ahead of time - I sent it July 3rd, that concert was July 9 and never got anything... and I was thinking, that is okay, I gave it my best... always appreciative of what the band has done...July 18, as I am cutting the lawn, I see the mailman walking up with the large gold envelope and see that it is the self addressed envelope I sent... I walk in to the house... wondering if it will be returned unsigned and preparing myself for that and as I unseal the envelop and pull out the picture... my eyes blinking, disbelieving of what I am seeing, it is my photo, "To David" signed by all three members next them. WOW!!!! I am still floating on cloud nine! Going to get this framed in archival frame! I am so excited. After seeing them in concert on every tour, at least once, since 1979 Partial Tour of the Hemispheres, I am so grateful, appreciative and happy that they autographed my picture!
  • Like 4

I had previously sent a picture I had taken to be autographed on last three tours and never received anything back. I did the same thing for this tour and sent it to Wells Fargo in Philly, the show I was attending. About 3 days later, I got the envelope back - so excited, opened it up and enclosed was unsigned photo and letter of appreciation I sent. I was disappointed but understood if it never was signed, I am just fully appreciative of the music and all the years of great concerts and albums. Anyways, I did say to myself, well, if this is looking like it is going to be the last tour, why not try one more time. So, I sent a photo I took at the philly concert to their show in Kansas City, way ahead of time - I sent it July 3rd, that concert was July 9 and never got anything... and I was thinking, that is okay, I gave it my best... always appreciative of what the band has done...July 18, as I am cutting the lawn, I see the mailman walking up with the large gold envelope and see that it is the self addressed envelope I sent... I walk in to the house... wondering if it will be returned unsigned and preparing myself for that and as I unseal the envelop and pull out the picture... my eyes blinking, disbelieving of what I am seeing, it is my photo, "To David" signed by all three members next them. WOW!!!! I am still floating on cloud nine! Going to get this framed in archival frame! I am so excited. After seeing them in concert on every tour, at least once, since 1979 Partial Tour of the Hemispheres, I am so grateful, appreciative and happy that they autographed my picture!

One of those moments when you want to kiss your mailman! :LOL:

Congrats! :cheerleader:

• Like 1

Here's hoping the rest of you get packages back today! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

And I wanted to say that I can't imagine how much more a Rush fan "bonds" with Rush when they actually see them in concert, because getting back their autographs puts your "fandom" on another level too.

• Like 1

Got my CD booklet back from Seattle today, looks like only Geddy signed it. That's still pretty cool though! Coincidentally, today Geddy became my favorite member of Rush :D

Really wish I would have planned this better and sent an LP.

• Like 2

Got my CD booklet back from Seattle today, looks like only Geddy signed it. That's still pretty cool though! Coincidentally, today Geddy became my favorite member of Rush :D

I don't understand why only Geddy signed yours and all three signed mine. Why wouldn't they all sign your CD booklet?

I don't understand why only Geddy signed yours and all three signed mine. Why wouldn't they all sign your CD booklet?

No idea, I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it when I get home from work. I am guessing the signature is Geddy's based on other pictures in this thread. I'm trying not to be bitter, I still have one more Rush member's signature on something than I did last week.

No idea, I'll take a picture of it tonight and post it when I get home from work. I am guessing the signature is Geddy's based on other pictures in this thread. I'm trying not to be bitter, I still have one more Rush member's signature on something than I did last week.

Why don't you send it to Phoenix (I'd say Las Vegas, but I don't know, it might get lost there) with a short note explaining that you sent it to Seattle but only Geddy signed it, and would Alex and Neil please sign as well?

• Like 1

I dont know if its too late, but after reading this thread, I am inspired to give this a try!

Is there a link that has instructions on how to send it? Also, at this point, which venues would you shoot for? Phoenix or LA?

A photo I took at Red Rocks and made into a poster, sent during the 2nd leg of the tour in 2011 (I think), but for the life of me, I can't recall where I sent it to get signed. Needless to say, it was a special day when it came in the mail! Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter001.jpg

• Like 2

I dont know if its too late, but after reading this thread, I am inspired to give this a try!

Is there a link that has instructions on how to send it? Also, at this point, which venues would you shoot for? Phoenix or LA?

i would send it to Phoenix (or the other California city they are playing at before LA), but first you have to make sure that the folks at the venue Rush is playing will forward stuff to them. If they say yes, then get the mailing address of the place. Before the arena name and address, put:

Rush R40 Tour

c/o Liam Birt

Make sure you include a SASE with your package.

That's it. It worked for me. :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

Here is the link from the CA tour that had a lot of the instructions-

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/76954-autographs/page__st__120#entry2771315

Although it says put stamps on for return postage to you, some people got a prepaid postage sticker put on and it worked so not sure what is best to say about that. People seemed to have the best luck if the item arrived 2 or 3 days before the concert so not sure about Phoenix although you could send something tomorrow and 2 day or overnight it I guess. Maybe try Irvine, CA on July 30? because with LA being the last of the tour it might be very hectic and they might have less time to sign stuff? Good luck and I hope you get something signed! :D

• Like 1

I copied it for him:

I sent mine to...

Rush / Liam Birt (Tour Manager)

C/O Venue

Street Address

City/State/Zip

Be sure to enclose a return envelope with appropriate postage for the item to be mailed back to you.

Make sure you use stamps and not prepaid postal sticker from the post office or it may not find it's way back to you.

I would recommend that you don't send anything you can't live without.

The signing depends on whether the venue will, in fact, forward to the band and if the band has time enough in their schedule that day to sign the item.

Also,when you send multiple items only one items tends to get signed.

...all the best and be sure to post the photo of what you receive back here.

• Like 1

My guess would be that they ran out of time to sign everything.

This must be then one of the few times in my life that I got lucky.

• Like 2

This must be then one of the few times in my life that I got lucky.

I would think that people who are getting things signed and get them back unsigned might have just been unlucky to get at the end of the line. From what I've heard, they just put them out on a long table and they sign them there.