Autographs?

GotPeart

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if I got my package back unsigned.

I didn't include a Sharpie figuring they were already up to their eyeballs in them and surely they would have one handy.;

I had the postal clerk put actual stamps on the return envelope because I read here not to use a predated postage label. Now Eagle says to do the opposite. Or maybe I read it wrong to begin with.

Well. I'll find out this week. When it arrives, I will open it up while on this thread instead of first opening it, then running here to announce the good or bad news.

I hope you get it signed. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. I said what I said about the shipping label because the postmaster said since it was over so many ounces it would be better to put the prepaid postage on it so they could just drop it into a mailbox that way and wouldn't have to take it to the post office. Hard telling if that is actually necessary but that's just what he told me. I was thinking I put stamps on the return envelope when I sent my album in to be signed several years ago and it came back just fine. But postal rules have changed, so who knows?

• Like 1

Hoping for the best for my Hemispheres CD booklet sent to Seattle this weekend, I know it got there Friday morning. Would have liked to get an LP signed, but since I forgot about this until the last possible day and was at work, I had to beg my wife to do all the packaging and figured I would make it easy on her. A friend of mine would like to do this too, is there any consensus on the best remaining building to send something to?

Previous post ... Stamps work but a prnted postage stamp from machine is best.... They are metered .... I had my return album held in Denver .... It was over 13 ounces .... If stamps only can't be monitored for hazardous materials ... If preprinted stamp it's metered and can be tracked? Sounded screwy to me but that is what the lady in Denver holding my album told me
  • Like 1

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if I got my package back unsigned.

I didn't include a Sharpie figuring they were already up to their eyeballs in them and surely they would have one handy.;

I had the postal clerk put actual stamps on the return envelope because I read here not to use a predated postage label. Now Eagle says to do the opposite. Or maybe I read it wrong to begin with.

Well. I'll find out this week. When it arrives, I will open it up while on this thread instead of first opening it, then running here to announce the good or bad news.

I bet it will be OK! I hope it comes back soon, signed for you. I had stamps on my album envelope that got sent to Buffalo and it came back fine. The Post Office can be so confusing :) The main concern of our town's seems to be lithium batteries, I guess they overheat or something; they give me the third degree about it even if I am mailing a letter to my friend in Germany and there's no way a battery can be hiding in there! I guess they have to.

• Like 1

Oh, and if anyone has tracking back from Seattle, let us know if you see it coming back already. :)

My friend in TX who has sent my tourbook to Seattle for me bought track and trace for the return package at the postoffice as well. I'm checking the USPS site constantly now to see if it's been picked up and put into the postal system. But no news yet. I really hope it gets tracked along the way... If it is picked up I'll let you know :)

• Like 2

Oh, and if anyone has tracking back from Seattle, let us know if you see it coming back already. :)

My friend in TX who has sent my tourbook to Seattle for me bought track and trace for the return package at the postoffice as well. I'm checking the USPS site constantly now to see if it's been picked up and put into the postal system. But no news yet. I really hope it gets tracked along the way... If it is picked up I'll let you know :)

Yes, it is still before noon there, they may not have had their mail pick up for the day! :P

• Like 1

Yes, it is still before noon there, they may not have had their mail pick up for the day! :P

This is sooooo exciting. Can't wait to hear from my friend that he's got the envelope in his hands already :) It's all bit nerve wracking as well....

Edited by Catch The Mystery

I got my 8X10 that I sent to Kansas City back - this is a picture I took from the Dallas show - just got it framed with my ticket & Meet & Greet photo from the Dallas Show - thanks to everyone on the forum for telling me how to do this to get an autograph & I hope everyone who sent an item into Seattle gets theirs back signed as well - https://www.flickr.c...57650805173673/
  • Like 5

It's not been put into the tracking system :( Hopefully it's on its way back somewhere by now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

It's not been put into the tracking system :( Hopefully it's on its way back somewhere by now.

I'm sure if you check today you will see it is in transit.

Let us know.

I'm hoping to get mine back tomorrow. A miracle would bring it here today, so I'm not banking on that to happen.

• Like 2

I got my 8X10 that I sent to Kansas City back - this is a picture I took from the Dallas show - just got it framed with my ticket & Meet & Greet photo from the Dallas Show - thanks to everyone on the forum for telling me how to do this to get an autograph & I hope everyone who sent an item into Seattle gets theirs back signed as well - https://www.flickr.c...57650805173673/

That is a great photo of the paisley guitar and bass and Alex and Geddy look like they are having an excellent time! :D I'm glad they were able to sign your photo and send it back! Hoping Seattle has the same luck!

That is a great photo of the paisley guitar and bass and Alex and Geddy look like they are having an excellent time! :D I'm glad they were able to sign your photo and send it back! Hoping Seattle has the same luck!

That really is an awesome pic.

LOL, I took an alomst identical pic from the same POV in Dallas! :LOL: I even think it's my camera you've captured in your photo! I was in row 4 almost in the center.

• Like 1

Ha, Lorraine, every time I see that you are the last one posting on this thread I think "YES" she got it.....

And I can't tell you how many times I ran my fingers over my CA signed tour book just to think about touching the same thing they touched to sign....I have issues. :), I finally framed it behind glass so I wouldn't rub the signatures off.

I have looked at the signed items posted and I'm pretty sure you can tell who personalized it because they sign just below the To Name , not to mention they have different styles of writing. I am certain that Alex personalized mine.

Edited by hcm
  • Like 1

Ha, Lorraine, every time I see that you are the last one posting on this thread I think "YES" she got it.....

Too soon! Maybe tomorrow. I only live a few hundred miles east of Seattle, but anything over normal envelope size usually takes longer.

• Like 1