Autographs?

GotPeart

Is there any word on whether the Wells Fargo Center in Philly does this?

Someone on the CA tour forum said they mailed something there and never got it back at all; never heard anything, so I would be a little nervous to try there but you could always call and see what they say. Not a lot of time between now and Wednesday though.

The same CA tour forum said that the arena in Seattle forwards mail and people got stuff signed from there, so you could always try there. Or you could try Pepsi Center in Denver or Maverik Center in Salt Lake; I don't know if anyone got stuff signed there before; you would have to contact them and ask but we used to live in both places and the people are really friendly, they might forward mail to the guys!

I think I am going with Seattle.

What are you sending this time? I might try there, mailing a drum head for my nephew, who is a drummer, if I can get organized.

Someone on the CA tour forum said they mailed something there and never got it back at all; never heard anything, so I would be a little nervous to try there but you could always call and see what they say. Not a lot of time between now and Wednesday though.

The same CA tour forum said that the arena in Seattle forwards mail and people got stuff signed from there, so you could always try there. Or you could try Pepsi Center in Denver or Maverik Center in Salt Lake; I don't know if anyone got stuff signed there before; you would have to contact them and ask but we used to live in both places and the people are really friendly, they might forward mail to the guys!

What are you sending this time? I might try there, mailing a drum head for my nephew, who is a drummer, if I can get organized.

If you do, make sure you put his name on the return address envelope and on the one you send. Just in case they miss any note you put in with it.

I am sending my AFTK vinyl. I just picked up the rerelease at Barnes and Noble yesterday because with my gift card it only set me back $4. Looks pretty nice too!

I am sending my AFTK vinyl. I just picked up the rerelease at Barnes and Noble yesterday because with my gift card it only set me back $4. Looks pretty nice too!

B&N has records? I just went in one to get my Rolling Stone magazine but I didn't notice that they had them.

Edited by EagleMoon

B&N has records? I just went in one to get my Rolling Stone magazine but I didn't notice that they had them.

Oh yeah, many of them do. The one by me used to have a wall of CD's as recently as Jan/Feb. When I went back in April, that same wall was now all vinyl. Things have certainly come full circle, at least for the time being.

In fact, check out their website, last I checked they had a lot of Rush CD's for only $5 brand new.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, many of them do. The one by me used to have a wall of CD's as recently as Jan/Feb. When I went back in April, that same wall was now all vinyl. Things have certainly come full circle, at least for the time being.

In fact, check out their website, last I checked they had a lot of Rush CD's for only $5 brand new.

Hmm... I may have to go back in. I'm still sitting here in the parking lot. :LOL:

• Like 1

These are all the albums I have sent in over the last 10 years or so, they all came back signed...they hang proudly above my guitar amp. Additionally, I have also sent in one for my son and one for my buddy Scott...and those 2 also came back signed. It's amazing that the boys do this for their fans. I sent Hemispheres this year, we will see if my luck holds.

IMG_0085.jpg

You might be right, but that's what I thought before my booklet showed up around this many days after the show I sent to. Could be USPS getting sloppy rather than you. That's what happened to me.

Actually considering the sheer number of letters and packages they handle, the USPS is far superior compared to other delivery services, most notably UPS, than anyone else.

While I have been trading, buying and sending packages out in over the past 30 years I can recall less than a half a dozen times, in literally thousands, where a package that was sent to or from me did not make it's way to it's intended destination. As long as your letter or package is a reasionable size, clearly labled and the postage is sufficient you have a far greater chance of getting your stuff back through them than any other mailing or shipping service.

• Like 1

I have the 2112 litho, but it came already framed with all the photos and paperwork in an envelope attached to the back. My brother bought it for $40 from some kid trying to sell a bunch of stuff to the music store my brother used to work at. I think he got a little bit of a bargain there.

I had luck last tour with Denver. However the night they play the Pepsi Center this tour is Saturday. Im a little leery about delay time and things getting mailed back. All of my success has been with shows that fall during the week. Anyone had luck on weekend shows. I lost an item this tour on a Sunday show but the next day was Memorial day. I was at that show but I decided to mail something since the venue does deliver items to the tour manager.

I had luck last tour with Denver. However the night they play the Pepsi Center this tour is Saturday. Im a little leery about delay time and things getting mailed back. All of my success has been with shows that fall during the week. Anyone had luck on weekend shows. I lost an item this tour on a Sunday show but the next day was Memorial day. I was at that show but I decided to mail something since the venue does deliver items to the tour manager.

If you can get confirmation that it will arrive there on the Thursday or the Friday just before the show, I don't see why it would be an issue.

• Like 1

I have the 2112 litho, but it came already framed with all the photos and paperwork in an envelope attached to the back. My brother bought it for $40 from some kid trying to sell a bunch of stuff to the music store my brother used to work at. I think he got a little bit of a bargain there.

I think you're right (unless it was plate signed) I have 142, What number is yours?

It's not plate signed. It's obviously sharpie, and it came with all the authentificationary doodads. And get this...it's number 143! What're the odds, right? Of course yours is a different litho, so we could have feasibly had the same number. Anyway, it's out of 500, and the plate signed runs were like 2500 lithos. There's also an artist proof run for each (i forget whether it was 50 or 500 prints for those). EDIT: Apparently I was mistaking you for the poster of the PW litho--we DO have consecutive prints of the same run (unless yours is an artist proof). Coincidence much? Edited by HalfwayToGone

This is kinda cool...

A while back I had sent this to the guys to get signed (Maybe S&A Tour?)... Sent it out, got it back, framed it up... Hanging in his room now.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/TomD14/Nick%20Rush%20Signed_zpsizrtqjuh.jpg

(and YES - they DO read the letters, BTW... Notice - No "H" in Nicolas)

So anyways... This little dude is 7 years old now and headed to his first Rock and Roll concert on the 23rd - TD Bank Garden, Boston.

I forget who's playing though! ;)

Not really a new Autograph thing... Just something that you might enjoy...

That little dude up there ^

This is him (the one with his tongue sticking out) and his cousin on Tuesday night - waiting for the band to hit the stage!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/TomD14/Nick%20rush3a_zpspokqparx.jpg

Edited by TCDaniels

It's not plate signed. It's obviously sharpie, and it came with all the authentificationary doodads. And get this...it's number 143! What're the odds, right? Of course yours is a different litho, so we could have feasibly had the same number. Anyway, it's out of 500, and the plate signed runs were like 2500 lithos. There's also an artist proof run for each (i forget whether it was 50 or 500 prints for those). EDIT: Apparently I was mistaking you for the poster of the PW litho--we DO have consecutive prints of the same run (unless yours is an artist proof). Coincidence much?

Pretty spooky. I thought it was nuts that both of mine are 142/500 because I didn't get them at the same time. No artist proofs.

I just got back my 2112 LP that I sent to Boston...and it came back unsigned. :( It arrived to the TD Garden last friday, and the boys played this past tuesday. I guess someone at the Garden didn't care to forward it to Liam Birt, and just shoved everything into my SASE and sent it back to me. The letter, cardboard, and sharpie were all included...and the vinyl now has a crease in the corner. I'm pretty bummed. But I got the thing back at least...

So out of the remaining tour dates this summer, which ones have a good track record of forwarding stuff to the band? In this thread I see Seattle and Denver are good options...I'm not sure if I feel confident that the LP go across the country and back again without getting trashed, but I guess that's the risk. Does anyone know if Irving Meadows or the LA Forum forward stuff? I want to buy the Moving Pictures reissue and send that to get signed as well.

Thanks

Still undecided about trying to send anything to Seattle again to get signed by the band. It would be funny after last time. Especially if the same thing happens as last time.

I didn't see your story but I am wanting to send something to Seattle, so if there's something I need to know, tell me now. :)