Autographs?

GotPeart

Glad to see lots of folks getting their stuff back. I got them on an 8x10 during the Time Machine Tour, and was contemplating sending my copy of Hemispheres this time around, but instead decided to send Neil a copy of my poetry book as a gift (a lot of the poems take place at Grand Manan Island, NB, where Neil and Brutus apparently once stayed in our summer cottage, so I thought he might find it interesting). Hoping for maybe a quick thank-you note after the tour (I asked him what his thoughts of the island and my family's cottage were, and those answers would mean a ton more to me than getting the guys' autographs a second time).

Hope everyone continues to get their successes back!

That's a really cool story. I hope you hear back from Neil !

• Like 2

I was planning on sending my 2112 LP and a silver sharpie but now I am not so sure that's a good idea. Maybe the band can't be bothered to switch up sharpies?

It is a risk, definitely. I'll find out later today what the result is.....package was just delivered to my mailbox according to tracking! Still hoping for the best!
  • Like 1

I was planning on sending my 2112 LP and a silver sharpie but now I am not so sure that's a good idea. Maybe the band can't be bothered to switch up sharpies?

It is a risk, definitely. I'll find out later today what the result is.....package was just delivered to my mailbox according to tracking! Still hoping for the best!

Oh well.....failure. Venue must have sent it back. No signatures on the LP and my note was enclosed. May try again with another venue.

For anyone that has had success, did the band return your note you sent them or just the signed item?

Oh well.....failure. Venue must have sent it back. No signatures on the LP and my note was enclosed. May try again with another venue.

For anyone that has had success, did the band return your note you sent them or just the signed item?

Just the signed item. They probably toss the notes, although I like to think they are keeping them in a big scrapbook. :)

• Like 2

Just the signed item. They probably toss the notes, although I like to think they are keeping them in a big scrapbook. :)

My note didn't get returned this time, but it did last tour when I sent one. So I didn't write out anything very profound. If I'd known Neil was going to be looking at them, I would have written something a bit more poetic than "please sign my da mn tour booklet." :LOL:

jk

:)

Glad to see lots of folks getting their stuff back. I got them on an 8x10 during the Time Machine Tour, and was contemplating sending my copy of Hemispheres this time around, but instead decided to send Neil a copy of my poetry book as a gift (a lot of the poems take place at Grand Manan Island, NB, where Neil and Brutus apparently once stayed in our summer cottage, so I thought he might find it interesting). Hoping for maybe a quick thank-you note after the tour (I asked him what his thoughts of the island and my family's cottage were, and those answers would mean a ton more to me than getting the guys' autographs a second time).

Hope everyone continues to get their successes back!

That's a really cool story. I hope you hear back from Neil !

Thanks! The funny thing is, when the woman who runs the other cottages, including ours when we're not there, first told us that Neil and Brutus had stayed there (I think they visited in 1996 and she told us in about 1999), I wasn't yet a RUSH fan (was big into Metallica at the time). It wasn't until the spring of 2005, when my best friend Mike from college, who had just graduated (a year after I had) and I went to Grand Manan for a week of relaxing and drinking Schooner, that he said "I'm going to educate you on RUSH." Fittingly enough, it was on Victoria Day (as referenced in Lakeside Park), and I fell in love with the music right away. Been a die-hard RUSH fan for the 10 years since then.

My note didn't get returned this time, but it did last tour when I sent one. So I didn't write out anything very profound. If I'd known Neil was going to be looking at them, I would have written something a bit more poetic than "please sign my da mn tour booklet." :LOL:

jk

:)

Yeah...I wonder if he appreciated my PS stating that I had a crush on Lerxst when I was a kid. :blush: :P

• Like 1

I sent my copy of 2112 and a silver sharpie a few tours ago, and they did sign with a silver sharpie.

A few years ago, I sent them my copy of Moving Pictures and a silver sharpie, and it did come back signed, but in black...it's hard to read, but you can se it if you look hard enough :-) so I think it's hit or miss.

Edited by Barry

I think I will find something else to send. Bummer, I was going to have them sign it for my 4 year old. His favorite song is Subdivisions, and he loves yelling out "backs of cars" during the chorus.

That looks really nice! I was just going to get a regular album frame but I might have to rethink that .. .

I used the custom mat / frame designer at www.framesbymail.com. A lot cheaper than having a shop do it. Grand total for what you see in the pic was around $100 plus shipping/tax.

• Like 1

That looks really nice! I was just going to get a regular album frame but I might have to rethink that .. .

I used the custom mat / frame designer at www.framesbymail.com. A lot cheaper than having a shop do it. Grand total for what you see in the pic was around $100 plus shipping/tax.

So, if you don't mind my asking, did you have them frame 2 copies of the album or did they separate the album for you for framing? It looks fantastic, the matting really looks nice!

Would like to try and get AFTK signed as well. Would prefer to find an original vinyl album, but how do the re-releases look? Exactly the same? Or when I pull out the vinyl, is there going to be a different sticker on it or something weird like that?

Would like to try and get AFTK signed as well. Would prefer to find an original vinyl album, but how do the re-releases look? Exactly the same? Or when I pull out the vinyl, is there going to be a different sticker on it or something weird like that?

I don't know if there is a different sticker on there or anything but I know someone posted that the new release covers are a bit different; not quite as heavy? I think this is one of the links where they talked about it.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/92083-will-the-new-vinyls-make-the-old-ones-on-ebay-decrese/

You could try to buy a vintage one from Ebay maybe if the new ones don't appeal.

• Like 1

Still haven't received my photo back from Greensboro. Chalking that up to a loss as I'm pretty sure I botched something on one of the mailing envelops, which is killing me because I have done autographs via mail in sports for years. Guess I just got sloppy. So round two is going out in a few weeks. Already got the ok from one venue saying they will forward it. Fingers crossed on this one. Need to figure out what to send.

You might be right, but that's what I thought before my booklet showed up around this many days after the show I sent to. Could be USPS getting sloppy rather than you. That's what happened to me.

So, if you don't mind my asking, did you have them frame 2 copies of the album or did they separate the album for you for framing? It looks fantastic, the matting really looks nice!

I separated the album cover into two pieces. Just to clarify - for Frames By Mail, you design the layout, pick colors, foam board, plexiglass, and frame type etc. and they mail the instructions with the components and all hardware to you, and you assemble it. The only thing they don't provide is the wire, but I already had some.

• Like 1

I separated the album cover into two pieces. Just to clarify - for Frames By Mail, you design the layout, pick colors, foam board, plexiglass, and frame type etc. and they mail the instructions with the components and all hardware to you, and you assemble it. The only thing they don't provide is the wire, but I already had some.

Good to know- yours came out awesome! I like the idea of having the vinyl LP show.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Is there any word on whether the Wells Fargo Center in Philly does this?

Someone on the CA tour forum said they mailed something there and never got it back at all; never heard anything, so I would be a little nervous to try there but you could always call and see what they say. Not a lot of time between now and Wednesday though.

The same CA tour forum said that the arena in Seattle forwards mail and people got stuff signed from there, so you could always try there. Or you could try Pepsi Center in Denver or Maverik Center in Salt Lake; I don't know if anyone got stuff signed there before; you would have to contact them and ask but we used to live in both places and the people are really friendly, they might forward mail to the guys!

Is there any word on whether the Wells Fargo Center in Philly does this?

Someone on the CA tour forum said they mailed something there and never got it back at all; never heard anything, so I would be a little nervous to try there but you could always call and see what they say. Not a lot of time between now and Wednesday though.

The same CA tour forum said that the arena in Seattle forwards mail and people got stuff signed from there, so you could always try there. Or you could try Pepsi Center in Denver or Maverik Center in Salt Lake; I don't know if anyone got stuff signed there before; you would have to contact them and ask but we used to live in both places and the people are really friendly, they might forward mail to the guys!

I think I am going with Seattle.