Autographs?

GotPeart

QUESTION,

Which Item would be better to have signed :huh: :huh:

A unused Hemispheres Picture disc with torn & tattered cellophane plastic ( to be removed )

-----or-----

An Arizona 2112 licence plate, original state issue, raised lettering, my front spare, mint condition,

(flash wiped the photo shot )

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af62/GotRush/platess_zpsoaeiynxu.jpg

Personally I'd do the album.

I like the idea of the album as well. How was the meet and greet?

You guys!!! I got my AFTK album back from Buffalo today!!! It had a bug squished on the outside of the envelope and I didn't even care!! (Yes, it was well loved before I sent it, that was the season why I picked it, it is one of my favorites!)

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/IMG_0504.jpg http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/IMG_0505_1.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 6

Small piece of advice for sending in stuff to the boys. make it easy for them to sign it whatever you send in. send something small like a CD cover don't send something big like album. a lot of people are not getting stuff signed in getting it returned with no signatures most of the time its because you make it too difficult for them. they set up a little table each show for them to walk by and take 2 minutes and sign their name if there's too many things that won't fit on the table you won't get anything signed. if you send something small but it is a pain in the butt to sign they probably won't sign it keep these things in mind and hopefully you will be successful. No letter asking nicely for their autograph you probably will not get anything back. I have been very successful I just received my 5th autograph from the boys because I followed these simple steps

Small piece of advice for sending in stuff to the boys. make it easy for them to sign it whatever you send in. send something small like a CD cover don't send something big like album. a lot of people are not getting stuff signed in getting it returned with no signatures most of the time its because you make it too difficult for them. they set up a little table each show for them to walk by and take 2 minutes and sign their name if there's too many things that won't fit on the table you won't get anything signed. if you send something small but it is a pain in the butt to sign they probably won't sign it keep these things in mind and hopefully you will be successful. No letter asking nicely for their autograph you probably will not get anything back. I have been very successful I just received my 5th autograph from the boys because I followed these simple steps

I've had 7 items signed. They have all been album covers. I enclose anice letter and I spend a little extra on nice easy to open packaging and easy return. No tape no fuss ...
  • Like 2

I don't agree about not sending an album. I've gotten mine signed and I've seen a lot of other people that have too.

• Like 1

So can anyone recommend what venues to use for the rest of the tour to try this autograph thing? I have an old Hemispheres album cover I can take chances with now since I just got the new release of it.

I did an album because I saw a lot of TRF people sent albums on the CA tour and had success. I just got my album back so I'm not sure I agree with you but maybe Buffalo had a big table! :) I think it is important to make it easy with a note and return, stamped envelope. I grew up with albums and a CD cover would not have meant as much to me, I'm so glad they sent it back!

Edited by blueschica

My dad and I were in Michigan for the weekend for the Auburn Hills show (which was amazing) and when we got back today, I had an envelope waiting for me. It was my copy of Clockwork Angels that was signed by the guys for my dad! He's been a fan since the 70s, so I wanted to do something very nice for him (besides taking him to see them in Cincinnati in 2013 and now in Auburn Hills). He was so surprised!

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv306/WithinDemise/Rush/rush_zps9izxsqil.jpg

Now I just gotta figure out which show to send them a picture I took in 2012 so I can have their autographs as well.

• Like 4

Has anyone sent anything to Detroit/Auburn Hills?

I sent a 2112 LP to Detroit. It arrived Friday at Palace of Auburn Hills front desk/reception, so keeping fingers crossed that it makes its way to the band. Sent a silver sharpie along since that album is mainly black.

Been meaning to do this during the last few tours but never got around to it. Hoping for the best!

That's weird...

...I got a notice that they divert couldn't be made and will be sent back. :(

So can anyone recommend what venues to use for the rest of the tour to try this autograph thing? I have an old Hemispheres album cover I can take chances with now since I just got the new release of it.

On the autographs thread from the CA tour, people said they sent things to the Key Arena in Seattle and they came back signed. You could call there and see if they still give mail to Liam and the band.

• Like 1

QUESTION,

Which Item would be better to have signed :huh: :huh:

A unused Hemispheres Picture disc with torn & tattered cellophane plastic ( to be removed )

-----or-----

An Arizona 2112 licence plate, original state issue, raised lettering, my front spare, mint condition,

(flash wiped the photo shot )

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af62/GotRush/platess_zpsoaeiynxu.jpg

Personally I'd do the album.

I like the idea of the album as well. How was the meet and greet?

My M/G is not till July 27th :dweez: Everyday I get a Rush Rush in anticipation, Already bought gifts for Geddy & Alex for the M/G

I was just going to hand deliver these (Album or Plate) in advance to my contact at the arena for the signature's , I do like the album better too...

Rush Out !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/RUSH/IMG_20150615_172032.jpg

In 2010, I was fortunate enough to have a friend on tour with the band and he took Digi's personalized plate back stage at the Bayfest show in Sarnia and had it signed for me. It didn't occur to me that Digi wouldn't be named on the front - he was really bummed out since they signed it "to Jen" and these plates were his before he moved to Canada and the government made him get Ontario plates.

Fast forward 5 years and the R40 show, my friend is still on the inside on tour with them, and we hatched a plan to get the matching plate signed "to Scott" ~ the entire time the plate was out of the house, I was constantly worried that Digi would ask if I knew where the other plate was and if we should bring it in case we could get it signed for him..... He didn't ask.

The plate was sent off when the tour began to a destination agreed upon in advance. Shortly before the show started in Auburn Hills, the plate was hand delivered to our seats and I pulled off a surprise! (If you know me, that is a big deal!)

Thank you to my friend that made it happen, and the powers that be that made sure each thing that needed to fall into place, did.

:digi: :sundog:

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

Nothing again today. Bummer. :(

Mine hasn't come back yet either ... still, if they sent it back last Thursday, even priority mail can take a day or two longer.

Edited by conan1982
  • Like 1

In 2010, I was fortunate enough to have a friend on tour with the band and he took Digi's personalized plate back stage at the Bayfest show in Sarnia and had it signed for me. It didn't occur to me that Digi wouldn't be named on the front - he was really bummed out since they signed it "to Jen" and these plates were his before he moved to Canada and the government made him get Ontario plates.

Fast forward 5 years and the R40 show, my friend is still on the inside on tour with them, and we hatched a plan to get the matching plate signed "to Scott" ~ the entire time the plate was out of the house, I was constantly worried that Digi would ask if I knew where the other plate was and if we should bring it in case we could get it signed for him..... He didn't ask.

The plate was sent off when the tour began to a destination agreed upon in advance. Shortly before the show started in Auburn Hills, the plate was hand delivered to our seats and I pulled off a surprise! (If you know me, that is a big deal!)

Thank you to my friend that made it happen, and the powers that be that made sure each thing that needed to fall into place, did.

What a great idea, and a great story!! I'm so glad everything worked out for your plan- that took a lot of organizing and was very thoughtful! You were a sweetie to think of it. :) (Is Digital Man swearing never to let the plate out of his sight now?)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I know I've mentioned this several times, but 1st leg of CA I sent a cd booklet to Seattle, and it took about 3 weeks to arrive back. I was sure it was gone forever, but it came back signed by Rush. the mailer was destroyed and the cd thinline jewel box I included to protect the booklet was shattered and falling out the mailer. Somehow the booklet survived with only one tiny scratch along the top edge on front. Looks great back in its original cd case. By the condition of the mailer I used and the amount of time it took, I'm certain the post office sent it back across the country via mountain lion. Edited by HalfwayToGone
  • Like 1

What a great idea, and a great story!! I'm so glad everything worked out for your plan- that took a lot of organizing and was very thoughtful! You were a sweetie to think of it. :) (Is Digital Man swearing never to let the plate out of his sight now?)

At the show, he left it in the manilla envelope and took it with him everywhere. He had no intention of "showing it off" :LOL: In fact, I had to coerce him to mount it on the wall next to mine.

• Like 1

I received my copy of Signals, back from Buffalo and *signed* by Alex, Neil and Geddy!

How can post a photo of it here? I tried using Flickr but that did not work.

Edited by conan1982
  • Like 1