Autographs?

GotPeart

Well, I went to the post office today and my Hemispheres album cover is on its way to Buffalo. :D

The postal clerk was really cool and knew who Rush was. He took the album cover and SASE out to weigh them and said, "Rush! Geddy Lee!" :drool:

As an added bonus, when I got home, my Vegas tickets were waiting for me. Now that's what I call a good day. :chickendance:

I mailed my tour program today too. They said it would get there Saturday. I was surprised it was that soon. Hopefully it doesn't get lost between then and when they get there. Egads. :o :)

• Like 2

I sent Ghost Rider and received it back signed last tour.

(It was my 2nd attempt...the first copy I sent never came back).

Also, a 8 x 10 of my meet and greet with Alex & Geddy.

And "A Show of Hands" Vinyl signed during The Time Machine Tour.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't planning on sending anything this tour, but the R40 poster flat that came with The Art of Rush would look great signed and framed, so I'm kicking around the idea of sending it off.

I wasn't planning on sending anything this tour, but the R40 poster flat that came with The Art of Rush would look great signed and framed, so I'm kicking around the idea of sending it off.

A meet and greet picture I think would be ideal if Neil participated. Then you'd have all 3 guys and if that gets lost, big deal, just print another one. :)

So what happens then? Only Geddy and Alex sign it?

• Like 1

Well, I went to the post office today and my Hemispheres album cover is on its way to Buffalo. :D

The postal clerk was really cool and knew who Rush was. He took the album cover and SASE out to weigh them and said, "Rush! Geddy Lee!" :drool:

As an added bonus, when I got home, my Vegas tickets were waiting for me. Now that's what I call a good day. :chickendance:

I mailed my tour program today too. They said it would get there Saturday. I was surprised it was that soon. Hopefully it doesn't get lost between then and when they get there. Egads. :o :)

I was told mine is expected to get there Monday. I think that should be good. I was initially concerned about Saturday for the same reason you mention but hopefully whoever gets the mail there is caring and sensible enough to put it aside, fully aware that Rush will be there shortly.

Edited by Xanadu

A meet and greet picture I think would be ideal if Neil participated. Then you'd have all 3 guys and if that gets lost, big deal, just print another one. :)

So what happens then? Only Geddy and Alex sign it?

Yeah, just Geddy and Alex.

My name isn't even on it.

I guess there was no fear of it ending up on Ebay.

• Like 1

I was told mine is expected to get there Monday. I think that should be good. I was initially concerned about Saturday for the same reason you mention but hopefully whoever gets the mail there is caring and sensible enough to put it aside, fully aware that Rush will be there shortly.

Well here's hoping. I wonder if there are any other acts that are going to be performing over the weekend? They may not even get the mail until Monday.

Well here's hoping. I wonder if there are any other acts that are going to be performing over the weekend? They may not even get the mail until Monday.

I was thinking Saturday would be too soon for it to arrive but you are also closer to Buffalo than I am so that might be why it could be there sooner. Monday would be better but I wouldn't fret too much about Saturday. Like I alluded to, they should be well aware that Rush is there soon enough and put it in a bin or something to await them.

I just realized something though; my clerk stamped "do not bend" all over the envelope going there but I don't think he stamped the return envelope. Crud. Oh well, I have a pretty thick piece of cardboard in there, so hopefully that will discourage it if nothing else.

• Like 1

I was thinking Saturday would be too soon for it to arrive but you are also closer to Buffalo than I am so that might be why it could be there sooner. Monday would be better but I wouldn't fret too much about Saturday. Like I alluded to, they should be well aware that Rush is there soon enough and put it in a bin or something to await them.

I just realized something though; my clerk stamped "do not bend" all over the envelope going there but I don't think he stamped the return envelope. Crud. Oh well, I have a pretty thick piece of cardboard in there, so hopefully that will discourage it if nothing else.

I think it'll be okay if you have the cardboard in there. They'll most likely just put the cardboard back in when they ship it back. I had to print out a shipping label from the machine out in the lobby for the inside envelope because of that 13 oz. rule. He said that if it had stamps on it, it would have to be taken to a post office and weighed. They couldn't just throw it in the mail box.

Has anyone happened to research the venues on the back end of the tour that forward fan mail? I'm starting to doubt myself and that I somehow screwed up the package I sent to Greensboro.

Hang in there. It may just be delayed or temporarily lost in the mail. I got my package from CA tour over a month after my item was signed, and the bubble mailer I included looked like it went through a war twice.

Eeek, now I feel like I am doomed. My AFTK album was light enough to go First Class and it wasn't supposed to arrive in Buffalo until Monday. I just checked the tracking and it is out for delivery today, Friday. I hope it doesn't get stuck on some shelf somewhere and lost before next week :( (ha ha First World problem as my son would say but still . . . )

This is kinda cool...

A while back I had sent this to the guys to get signed (Maybe S&A Tour?)... Sent it out, got it back, framed it up... Hanging in his room now.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/TomD14/Nick%20Rush%20Signed_zpsizrtqjuh.jpg

(and YES - they DO read the letters, BTW... Notice - No "H" in Nicolas)

So anyways... This little dude is 7 years old now and headed to his first Rock and Roll concert on the 23rd - TD Bank Garden, Boston.

I forget who's playing though! ;)

• Like 3

Eeek, now I feel like I am doomed. My AFTK album was light enough to go First Class and it wasn't supposed to arrive in Buffalo until Monday. I just checked the tracking and it is out for delivery today, Friday. I hope it doesn't get stuck on some shelf somewhere and lost before next week :( (ha ha First World problem as my son would say but still . . . )

Mine is supposed to get there tomorrow. All we can do is hope is that they set them aside in a safe place.

• Like 1

I can understand your concern. I would probably try calling over there; maybe they can reassure you that they will keep it safe while awaiting the band's arrival.

• Like 1

Mine is supposed to get there tomorrow. All we can do is hope is that they set them aside in a safe place.

Yes, no other events are scheduled between now and Rush so at least the mail won't go home with the WWE wrestlers or something! :P

• Like 2

I can understand your concern. I would probably try calling over there; maybe they can reassure you that they will keep it safe while awaiting the band's arrival.

That's a good idea, maybe I will give them a call this afternoon (if I am brave enough!) My worry would be I would piss the person off and they would stick it in a desk drawer. (I used to work in some awful places.) And we worry my daughter is the one with the OCD, haha!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

That's a good idea, maybe I will give them a call this afternoon (if I am brave enough!)

It's worth it; you may get someone on the phone who is sensitive to your plight and will go the extra mile for you. Hey, sometimes people can be nice! ;)

• Like 1

FWIW - I've sent to them twice, and both times had the mail arrive a few days before. Both times the items were fine and returned signed. Never got sent home with any wrestlers.

• Like 1

I'm starting to see some of the Greensboro folks receiving their signed stuff. I'm geting a little worried as I live about an hour away and if others have gotten theirs, I should have gotten mine. I'm driving our Admin at work crazy - lol.

FWIW - I've sent to them twice, and both times had the mail arrive a few days before. Both times the items were fine and returned signed. Never got sent home with any wrestlers.

Thanks! This makes me feel much better!

Here's the latest on the package I sent to Buffalo as per the USPS:

June 4, 2015 , 9:50 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097 on June 4, 2015 at 9:50 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

All RIGHT!!!

• Like 1

Thanks! This makes me feel much better!

I'm sure everything will be okay. When I sent my Permanent Waves booklet to Atlanta, I wasn't sure how long it would take to get there from Vegas and so I told the clerk, I just don't need it to get there too quickly and he replied "No worries, I gotcha covered!"

My booklet arrived in 2 days, a full 6 days before the show, haha. As you may have seen, it came back and all is swell!

• Like 1

I sent an official MLB baseball with the Blue Jays logo on it (I'm out of LPs) to the show in Georgia and got it back along with my letter - without any signatures. Id' like to think it never made it into their hands and that the arena was nice enough to send it back to me. I'll try again. Edited by andrew28

I sent an official MLB baseball with the Blue Jays logo on it (I'm out of LPs) to the show in Georgia and got it back along with my letter - without any signatures. Id' like to think it never made it into their hands and that the arena was nice enough to send it back to me. I'll try again.

Or it could be that the guys felt weird about signing a baseball that wasn't really theirs.

I'd stick to Rush-based material if I were you.