Autographs?

GotPeart

Those of you who sent items in, how many days beforehand did they arrive at the venue? I'm just wondering if I have time to mail something to Columbus or whether I should just send it to Buffalo.

I plan to go to the post office tomorrow to send my item to Buffalo, specifying that I want it delivered on either the 8th or the 9th and I will see what the postal clerk says. I am sure you can do a 3-day delivery with delivery confirmation or something like that. That way you have a better idea that it will get there on time. Columbus might be a stretch right now unless you want to pay overnight charges with the weekend coming up.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I wasn't really seriously thinking about sending something in until I got the tour booklet and I thought that would be perfect. The cover is really slick though, hopefully it wouldn't smear.

It's interesting you should bring that up because some people said you should send a marker for them to use as well. Are you sending a special marker? I wasn't planning on it, as I would think they would have them but I guess it couldn't hurt to send a Sharpie to be on the safe side.

Those of you who sent items in, how many days beforehand did they arrive at the venue? I'm just wondering if I have time to mail something to Columbus or whether I should just send it to Buffalo.

I plan to go to the post office tomorrow to send my item to Buffalo, specifying that I want it delivered on either the 8th or the 9th and I will see what the postal clerk says. I am sure you can do a 3-day delivery with delivery confirmation or something like that. That way you have a better idea that it will get there on time. Columbus might be a stretch right now unless you want to pay overnight charges with the weekend coming up.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. I wasn't really seriously thinking about sending something in until I got the tour booklet and I thought that would be perfect. The cover is really slick though, hopefully it wouldn't smear.

It's interesting you should bring that up because some people said you should send a marker for them to use as well. Are you sending a special marker? I wasn't planning on it, as I would think they would have them but I guess it couldn't hurt to send a Sharpie to be on the safe side.

No, I'm not going to send a marker. That's kind of pointless. They're going to be signing other things so there's not really any point. Besides if it were to get broken in shipment it could ruin whatever you're sending.

No, I'm not going to send a marker. That's kind of pointless. They're going to be signing other things so there's not really any point. Besides if it were to get broken in shipment it could ruin whatever you're sending.

Good point, and I thought of that briefly myself. Let's have faith they will have some markers on hand. :)

• Like 1

Good point, and I thought of that briefly myself. Let's have faith they will have some markers on hand. :)

Oh I'm sure they will. We wouldn't be the only ones to send stuff in. :)

• Like 1

You guys can use my marker, bwa ha ha! I mailed one to Buffalo today with my old beloved AFTK album, I didn't think of it leaking in transit so let's hope it doesn't happen!

We live in SUCH a small town, it was a scene at the post office; I think it qualifies me for the dork thread but now people are rooting for me to get an autograph back, anyway! I took my album in, inside a folded piece of cardboard and with the return padded envelope and of course got the mailman who knows me because he always helped me mail all my daughter's OCD meds to her college. No one was behind me when I went in and I explained how I needed the one envelope stamped from Buffalo back to Carlisle and it has to be stamps and it has to be easy and he goes, "It won't be easy, it weighs more than 13 oz. and because of the unabomber rule it has to be given to a postal worker face to face, but it's close to 13 oz. Is it important?" By now people are lining up behind up behind us, but I'm showing him the album (he IS my favorite mailman) going "YES, it's important, help me get this down below 13 oz!", AFTK double album and all. So I start madly pulling album, card, Sharpie, cardboard, etc. out all over the counter and the woman behind me goes, "I have scissors, will that help?" She wasn't being snarky, it turns out she knew me and really was trying to help, so I had to tell her and the mailman all about how wonderful Rush is to sign these things if they have time, and then both of them are trying to help me figure out the best way to put everything in, have return envelope weigh below 13 oz, and get all to Buffalo. Some people are very helpful! (My husband was trying to pretend he didn't know me.) The mailman stamped both envelopes DO NOT BEND about 20 times (since I had to take the cardboard out!) and I promised to bring the album in to show him if I get it back. (with my luck it will probably get lost in Binghamton or something . . . )

• Like 1

You guys can use my marker, bwa ha ha! I mailed one to Buffalo today with my old beloved AFTK album, I didn't think of it leaking in transit so let's hope it doesn't happen!

We live in SUCH a small town, it was a scene at the post office; I think it qualifies me for the dork thread but now people are rooting for me to get an autograph back, anyway! I took my album in, inside a folded piece of cardboard and with the return padded envelope and of course got the mailman who knows me because he always helped me mail all my daughter's OCD meds to her college. No one was behind me when I went in and I explained how I needed the one envelope stamped from Buffalo back to Carlisle and it has to be stamps and it has to be easy and he goes, "It won't be easy, it weighs more than 13 oz. and because of the unabomber rule it has to be given to a postal worker face to face, but it's close to 13 oz. Is it important?" By now people are lining up behind up behind us, but I'm showing him the album (he IS my favorite mailman) going "YES, it's important, help me get this down below 13 oz!", AFTK double album and all. So I start madly pulling album, card, Sharpie, cardboard, etc. out all over the counter and the woman behind me goes, "I have scissors, will that help?" She wasn't being snarky, it turns out she knew me and really was trying to help, so I had to tell her and the mailman all about how wonderful Rush is to sign these things if they have time, and then both of them are trying to help me figure out the best way to put everything in, have return envelope weigh below 13 oz, and get all to Buffalo. Some people are very helpful! (My husband was trying to pretend he didn't know me.) The mailman stamped both envelopes DO NOT BEND about 20 times (since I had to take the cardboard out!) and I promised to bring the album in to show him if I get it back. (with my luck it will probably get lost in Binghamton or something . . . )

Ok that scares me. I am looking at my bulky envelope right now. 13 ounces? Hmmmm.....

That's great! :LOL: I got my old AFTK's album signed during the last tour, and it's one of my cherished possessions. It was the first Rush album I ever bought so I figured that was appropriate.

• Like 1

I actually wanted AFTK but I didn't have it on vinyl, and wasn't finding a decent copy when I went to collectible shows here but I did find a nice copy of Hemispheres, so I am sending that instead. Either way, I'm happy if I get my album cover signed.
  • Like 2

I actually wanted AFTK but I didn't have it on vinyl, and wasn't finding a decent copy when I went to collectible shows here but I did find a nice copy of Hemispheres, so I am sending that instead. Either way, I'm happy if I get my album cover signed.

Mine is pretty beaten up but I figure it's got legitimate wear. :LOL:

• Like 1

Ok that scares me. I am looking at my bulky envelope right now. 13 ounces? Hmmmm.....

What you send to Buffalo can weigh whatever amount. The mailman said there is a 13 oz limit on stamped parcels put into mail boxes, it can't weigh more than that, so what is being sent back (my padded envelope with a double album in my case) can't weigh more than that, just to be sure you get it. I think the problem was that I had a huge box from Amazon with big flaps, it was very heavy cardboard, and I just cut off one of the flaps and folded it around the album so it wouldn't get bent; the cardboard was very heavy and doubled over. ( I ended up using my friend's scissors and cutting it in a little less than half just to stiffen the package.) The album isn't as well protected now but it's kind of beat up anyway and then it was only like 10 oz or something. I hope it's ok. If I had thought ahead I could have gotten a photo from the Rush Backstage Club or something and avoided the album controversy, bwa ha ha! :laughing guy: They can weigh it for you at the PO before you seal everything up so that you have the right postage back to you, then you will know for sure! :) :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Did you take the vinyl out of the album? No need to send the vinyl, just the cover. People send Neil's books and tour books all the time. Those are just as heavy as an album.

Yes, I don't see the point in sending the vinyl. Just the cover. :)

Would I be pushing it to send two 8x10 photos to be signed?

Yes. I sent in 2 identical photos, one for me and one for my brother. Gave them the name for each, but only 1 came back signed. They were kind enough to return both photos.

Edited by therm316

Well, I mailed out my Signals LP cover to Buffalo this morning and was told it would arrive by this coming Monday.

I mailed it out in a flat-rate Priority envelope, which was roughly $13.00 and am having it returned in a prepaid, large cardboard envelope. From Buffalo to The Bronx was close to $7.00.

Hopefully all will go as well as it did during the last round in North Carolina :dweez:

Edited by conan1982
  • Like 1

I sent in a silver sharpie for Roll the bones since the album cover is dark. It came back signed black. I always send in a marker. I have nearly every album signed matted and framed on my wall. I need vapor trails snakes and feedback to complete the collection.

Vapor trails original copy and snakes cost me a fortune still original wrapping. I am sweating bullets but I have to give it a shot to get my collection complete … Since it be my last shot. I even have archives autographed.

Ill post a shot of my shrine once complete. My friends think I'm nuts. I have a major Rush and baseball collection. I am just as crazy about the Big Red machine memorabilia.

Anyone get anything back from tampa? I live in Orlando so I saw that show…

• Like 2

I sent in a silver sharpie for Roll the bones since the album cover is dark. It came back signed black. I always send in a marker. I have nearly every album signed matted and framed on my wall. I need vapor trails snakes and feedback to complete the collection.

Vapor trails original copy and snakes cost me a fortune still original wrapping. I am sweating bullets but I have to give it a shot to get my collection complete … Since it be my last shot. I even have archives autographed.

Ill post a shot of my shrine once complete. My friends think I'm nuts. I have a major Rush and baseball collection. I am just as crazy about the Big Red machine memorabilia.

Anyone get anything back from tampa? I live in Orlando so I saw that show…

It would be interesting to see all of the album covers, signed! What a great collection, wow! Yes, post a pic when you are able to!

Edited by blueschica

Ive lost several items too.. You have to be willing to repurchase … The rare ones or expensive ones are the hardest to put in the mail… I figure if I go through autograph service it would cost me much more. I have one of the more reputable autograph agents on the web offer to get these items signed safely for 1000.00.

I have all the albums except the ones I mentioned previously. When I started my collection I was buying items from dealers. (reputable) The fake items on the web are obvious. This cost me a fortune. I found out about sending in items on the time machine tour. I have had 7 album covers signed since. I need these last three. Keeping my fingers crossed. Vapor Trails is going to Buffalo.. Putting it in the mail today Edited by ajonesumcane

Well, I went to the post office today and my Hemispheres album cover is on its way to Buffalo. :D

The postal clerk was really cool and knew who Rush was. He took the album cover and SASE out to weigh them and said, "Rush! Geddy Lee!" :drool:

As an added bonus, when I got home, my Vegas tickets were waiting for me. Now that's what I call a good day. :chickendance:

• Like 1