Autographs?

GotPeart

So what sort of packaging are you guys using when you send album covers to be signed? I was going to go with a large padded envelope but a friend who works for the post office advised that I use a box instead because she would worry about it still getting bent up. I told her that sounds great in theory, but then I have to have a return envelope/box. She said I could get a prepaid return label that can stick on and they can use the same box. I don't think this will work because chances are, whoever opens the box will damage it to where it can't even be reused.

So I may stick with the padded envelope and hope for the best.

I used large padded envelopes with two pieces of cardboard inside and I slipped the album cover in between.

• Like 1

So what sort of packaging are you guys using when you send album covers to be signed? I was going to go with a large padded envelope but a friend who works for the post office advised that I use a box instead because she would worry about it still getting bent up. I told her that sounds great in theory, but then I have to have a return envelope/box. She said I could get a prepaid return label that can stick on and they can use the same box. I don't think this will work because chances are, whoever opens the box will damage it to where it can't even be reused.

I used large padded envelopes with two pieces of cardboard inside and I slipped the album cover in between.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Thanks. :)

Don't forget to put a SASE on the inside for the return trip.

Oh yeah. and I can't imagine people would deliberately omit that. But maybe some do.

• Like 1

I sent a CA tourbook to the New Orleans venue several days before tonight. Fingers crossed. :)

• Like 2

Oh yeah. and I can't imagine people would deliberately omit that. But maybe some do.

Yeah, no way you'd get it back otherwise.

• Like 1

I sent out an 8x10 to Greensboro. What I did, and usually have always done for any 8x10s I send to bands/athletes....I have 2 envelops that are around 9x11. One is my SASE with 6 Forever stamps, which is usually more than enough. The other is what I send directly to the venue. In my envelop I have the SASE, a brief letter (hand written) and the 8x10 photo in a file folder. I also put in the folder with a pesonalization on a Post It Note because no matter what it's getting personalized. It's very simple. Hardest part is just making sure the venue of your choice forwards mail to the artists, which only takes a phone call or email. Another suggestion is not to send anything bigger than an album cover.

Probably a little early, but anyone got any mailed-in items back yet? I splurged on priority shipping and all that jazz, so I'll have tracking numbers...I know my photo made it to Atlanta, now to wait and see if that return tracking number pops up after the show!

I sent out an 8x10 to Greensboro. What I did, and usually have always done for any 8x10s I send to bands/athletes....I have 2 envelops that are around 9x11. One is my SASE with 6 Forever stamps, which is usually more than enough. The other is what I send directly to the venue. In my envelop I have the SASE, a brief letter (hand written) and the 8x10 photo in a file folder. I also put in the folder with a pesonalization on a Post It Note because no matter what it's getting personalized. It's very simple. Hardest part is just making sure the venue of your choice forwards mail to the artists, which only takes a phone call or email. Another suggestion is not to send anything bigger than an album cover.

I have missed out on Greensboro unless I want to splurge for air overnight, so I am shooting for Buffalo now. I think I might finally have everything I need now. :)

I sent mine to Greensboro Friday. Should get there today. Even though I had the post office determine postage for the SASE, I had the mailing address as my office, but the return address as my house - so if it gets returned, i still get it!

I sent a cd booklet to Atlanta. It arrived. We'll see what happens.
  • Like 1

Should I just write my address in both places on the SASE, that way even if postage is insufficient, it will still come back to me? :LOL: :ebert:

Should I just write my address in both places on the SASE, that way even if postage is insufficient, it will still come back to me? :LOL: :ebert:

Yes absolutely. :) What I did was take it to the post office and have them weigh it and put the stamp on it for postage, rather than guessing at what it would be.

• Like 1

Yes absolutely. :) What I did was take it to the post office and have them weigh it and put the stamp on it for postage, rather than guessing at what it would be.

I plan on doing that actually, I just also figured it would be pointless to not have my address as the return address anyway because what address would they really put as the return address otherwise, and why? :)

• Like 1

I plan on doing that actually, I just also figured it would be pointless to not have my address as the return address anyway because what address would they really put as the return address otherwise, and why? :)

Yeah, exactly. :D

• Like 1

I just got confirmation from the First Niagara Center in Buffalo. They will forward fan mail to the tour management

Thanks for this info; I did not think I had enough time to mail an LP cover to one of the venues next week.

I bet if you mail something to Buffalo a week before the show you'll make it in time

Thanks; the gig in Buffalo is on Wednesday, June 10th :-)

Here is the address from their site for anyone who is interested:

First Niagara Center

One Seymour H. Knox III Plaza

Buffalo, New York, 14203-3096

Edited by conan1982
  • Like 1

I just got confirmation from the First Niagara Center in Buffalo. They will forward fan mail to the tour management

Thanks for this info; I did not think I had enough time to mail an LP cover to one of the venues next week.

I bet if you mail something to Buffalo a week before the show you'll make it in time

First Niagara Center

Yes, thanks, I am sending my Hemispheres album cover there. I am sending it to Liam Birt's attn so hopefully he gets it back to me. :)

• Like 2

First Niagara Center

Yes, thanks, I am sending my Hemispheres album cover there. I am sending it to Liam Birt's attn so hopefully he gets it back to me. :)

I'm sending a Signals LP cover myself. :-)

Edited by conan1982
  • Like 2

Not to be crazy anal, but I ship a decent amount of vinyl, so I basically put the album jacket inside a 12X12 vinyl mailer box (with cardboard for reinforcement) along with the Sharpie. That has postage on it with my address so they can just seal it up, drop it in the mail, and get it back to me.

But all of that goes inside a slightly BIGGER box (13X13) and that's what is shipped to the venue. Along with a note explaining what it is!

It just got accepted by the front desk at Greensboro yesterday... Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Not to be crazy anal, but I ship a decent amount of vinyl, so I basically put the album jacket inside a 12X12 vinyl mailer box (with cardboard for reinforcement) along with the Sharpie. That has postage on it with my address so they can just seal it up, drop it in the mail, and get it back to me.

But all of that goes inside a slightly BIGGER box (13X13) and that's what is shipped to the venue. Along with a note explaining what it is!

It just got accepted by the front desk at Greensboro yesterday... Fingers crossed.

The vinyl mailer box for the return sounds good, but how do THEY seal it for you?

WOO! Just checked to see if the tracking number for my return envelope has popped up yet...The photo I sent in to Atlanta is on it's way back! Now to make my neighbors think I'm crazy and check the mailbox every 10 minutes.
  • Like 4

WOO! Just checked to see if the tracking number for my return envelope has popped up yet...The photo I sent in to Atlanta is on it's way back! Now to make my neighbors think I'm crazy and check the mailbox every 10 minutes.

Post a pic when you get it back. :)

• Like 1

You can put a tracking number on the return envelope when you are using stamps? What is the postage type you ask for when they weigh it, do you just ask for priority mail for the return envelope? I'm going to do that with my one for Buffalo if that is the way it works . . . .

• Like 1

You can put a tracking number on the return envelope when you are using stamps? What is the postage type you ask for when they weigh it, do you just ask for priority mail for the return envelope? I'm going to do that with my one for Buffalo if that is the way it works . . . .

Good question...I was about to ask that myself. I am sure you probably can. Hey, any way the post office can make money, they'll figure it out, believe me! :P

• Like 1