Autographs?

GotPeart

I remember on the CA tour, there was a thread where people could put addresses of the venues with info as to how to send memorabilia in to be signed. I did it with a record album to the arean in Charlotte, and within a week I had it and it is now framed behind my drum kit.

I want to get a drum head singed by the boys this time around. Got it ready to go with the bigh RUSH logo in the middle.

Anybody know if this will be an option again for this tour? Specifically looking for Greensboro.

Thanks!

Rush on!

My thoughts...don't send anything too big. An album cover is probably the limit. I only say this because I lost a poster on the Time Machine Tour. Only one I lost but got a few photos back over the last few tours. I have the venue picked out to send to. I hope it works out again. Good luck. Rule of thumb...don't send anything you're afraid to lose.
  • Like 1

My thoughts...don't send anything too big. An album cover is probably the limit. I only say this because I lost a poster on the Time Machine Tour. Only one I lost but got a few photos back over the last few tours. I have the venue picked out to send to. I hope it works out again. Good luck. Rule of thumb...don't send anything you're afraid to lose.

please explain how this works

Find the CA tour autographs thread, it's all there in scorching detail. You have to make it easy for them—send it with return packaging and stamps already prepared so whatever it is, they can just slip it in the package, seal it and drop it in the mail. I've already done it, no need to get anymore personalized signed stuff. I also hooked up my buddy. 2 for 2 on trying this.

Find the CA tour autographs thread, it's all there in scorching detail. You have to make it easy for them—send it with return packaging and stamps already prepared so whatever it is, they can just slip it in the package, seal it and drop it in the mail. I've already done it, no need to get anymore personalized signed stuff. I also hooked up my buddy. 2 for 2 on trying this.

thanks

Thanks for linking that. I was searching for that thread yesterday and couldn't find it. Hoping Greensboro Coliseum does this. I have one item for sure.

Has anyeone ever sent in multiple items to be signed? I'd like to get Roadshow or Traveling Music signed by Neil

Thanks for linking that. I was searching for that thread yesterday and couldn't find it. Hoping Greensboro Coliseum does this. I have one item for sure.

Has anyeone ever sent in multiple items to be signed? I'd like to get Roadshow or Traveling Music signed by Neil

Don't you think sending multiple items is a bit greedy?

Edited by upstateNYfan

I sent in two of the same photo I posted together, one for me and one for my brother. Only 1 came back signed (thankfully w/ my name). I'm told it's ill advised to send in more than 1 item.

Don't you think sending multiple items is a bit greedy?

Seriously? No I don't. I'm spending over $150 for a ticket, plus whatever postage is to mail this stuff to the arena and back - I dont' think that's being greedy at all.

You're "spending over $150" for a concert ticket, not someone's autograph. They owe you nothing. Don't get me wrong, it's very cool to get a signature, but some abuse it and think they're entitled to it.

Additionally, they get OTHER requests. So two - for free - seems selfish to me. Be glad they do it at all.

• Like 2

I sent in two of the same photo I posted together, one for me and one for my brother. Only 1 came back signed (thankfully w/ my name). I'm told it's ill advised to send in more than 1 item.

Divide multiple items up over multiple venues.

P

Liam Bert receives all this stuff and puts it out for the band to sign, so if you keep sending stuff over and over, you might end up getting back a lot of unsigned items. Not all venues will forward mail to the band also, so keep that in mind. Pushing the envelope (heh) is probably a bad idea.

Keep in mind that you want to time the arrival of your item so it gets there a day or 2 before the band. You don't want it getting there late (obviously) or even too early. I learned this the hard way the first time I tried and got a letter back from the venue because it sat in a mail bin for over a week and got misplaced. Second time I sent it 6 days ahead of the band and it came back signed 2 weeks later.

Divide multiple items up over multiple venues.

P

Yeah, it was my first time submitting anything and I didn't know multiple items was a bit of a no-no. I had submitted 2 of the same photo because my brother and I were both visible in the front row, so I thought it'd be cool to surprise him with a signed, framed, copy of the pic. Wasn't trying to get greedy or resell anything for a gain. Was nice that I did receive both of them back even if only just 1 of them was signed. They could have easily discarded the extra one.

I heard back from the PR Manager for Greensboro Colisuem - for anyone going to that show, they said fans are welcome to send stuff, but they dont' gauarantee anything.

But odds are it will get signed and returned.

This is a neat idea! Never have thought of doing anything like it. I wonder if the United Center in Chicago would forward stuff to the boys...anyone know if this venue does this or how I can find out?

This is a neat idea! Never have thought of doing anything like it. I wonder if the United Center in Chicago would forward stuff to the boys...anyone know if this venue does this or how I can find out?

Most places will do it but you can call the box office and ask.

You can also try emailing the venue if they have a contact email. Word of encouragement: I was completely convinced my first attempt had failed when nothing arrived back to me for several weeks. Sometime later my media mail package arrived looking like it had been re routed thru the Iraq war on foot. I'm guessing it got not only mangled but almost lost as well, but somehow the actual cd booklet survived the smashed thinline jewel case I had sent along (never do that again! Turned out to be a potential paper cutter. Cardboard sammich worked way better the second time I tried). I think it was well over a month after the show that it suddenly appeared in my mailbox.

On another note....man, are there some fakes on eBay. And people actually pay sometimes upward of $200 for ones that are not even close to looking right. One guy sold a few prints of Neil that went for $20-30 apiece, and at first glance they looked ok, but closer inspection and comparing them to all the clearly legit ones, they're all forged. Meanwhile, we get the real deal for free, although they're personalized, but that's just all the more meaningful to me to have them acknowledge that it's for me and not just one of a thousand identical items from a marathon of signing.

I heard back from the PR Manager for Greensboro Colisuem - for anyone going to that show, they said fans are welcome to send stuff, but they dont' gauarantee anything.

But odds are it will get signed and returned.

I believe I had luck with Greensboro in the past as well as the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Atlanta. I've always called ahead of time to be sure mail is forwarded.

I might try this with their SLC show. Maybe with a picture from a previous concert, or album cover. Something weird, like Counterparts.

Please post if you find out anything, I am going to the SLC show too and pondering trying out this autograph thing as well. This might be my last chance!

Howdy all,

It is good to see RUSH is coming back around for another tour, and as I missed out the last time in getting my LP copy of Signals signed, I was wondering which venue on the current tour in the U.S. would be the best bet for having this done this time.

I will be attending the Prudential Center show, and I know MSG in NYC is generally out; could anyone direct me to the best possible venues to have an item shipped to to be signed?

Thanks in advance.

Peace,

Jeff

Edited by conan1982

Well - I know Greensboro will accept things and get it to the band. I'm attending that show and sending a drum head to be signed by the boys.