Becoming very frustrated with Ticketmaster

Zurisht

This gets worse and worse each time I want to see Rush. Last time I saw them was Time Machine and I did not find much problems finding two tickets in the lower bowl at Nationwide Arena in Columbus. I will mention that I got totally screwed over by the venue when they decided to move the stage back because the tickets were selling so fast.

Well, right now Ticketmaster has LOWER BOWL tickets in their "Official Platinum Seats" section right now for $550 a ticket........

It's almost to the point where it's not worth it to me because its so expensive. Since when is the lower bowl considered "Platinum". You can't get anything outside of sitting in the way back of the outer bowl in the regular sale. This is the worst I have seen it yet.

Anyone having any luck finding moderately decent seats?

• Like 1

I did just this morning, for the same show. But I only got one ticket, not two- that can make a big difference). At about 8:30 this morning, I got a seat in section 106 (lower bowl, Geddy's side), for $89 plus fees. Total was $107 and change.

I didn't think I was alone. I guess I was just looking for perspective since I haven't seen them since 2010. Was it like this during Clockwork Angels as well?

The hard truth is, this has turned out to be a high demand tour. Several factors have contributed. Most of us Rush nerds are figuring it might be the last round, and so everyone's scrambling to not only attend, but get decent seats. Demand drives price. Also, Rush is only doing 34 dates. So plenty of folks are having to travel from around the country and world to attend the nearest gig, or their preferred gigs. In hot markets like Vegas, NYC, and LA, it's always pricier.

I had to pony up a ridiculous amount of money for the seats I wanted that on the CA or Time Machine tour, would've gotten me front row pit.

It's definitely their most coveted tour to date. For obvious reasons.

As someone else mentioned in detail....Ticketmaster/Live Nation/Stub Hub/the Venue/the Band ..etc...are all in it together. They release small lots of tickets, which sell fast,giving the illusion of limited seats left. They then release upper level and side mid level seats, which sell well....thus filling the arenas from the back to the front.
  • Like 2

As someone else mentioned in detail....Ticketmaster/Live Nation/Stub Hub/the Venue/the Band ..etc...are all in it together. They release small lots of tickets, which sell fast,giving the illusion of limited seats left. They then release upper level and side mid level seats, which sell well....thus filling the arenas from the back to the front.

Last tour it seemed simple as hell,

I think your right about them being in it together.

I know that Ticketmaster does this all the time, but I am always terrified to wait and see if better tickets are released. I was very lucky to have been 6th row on Geddy's side in 2007. I think that was my peak. May end up settling on anything I can get in the next few weeks.
  • Like 2

I feel the same way. Right now my only choice is upper bowl at the back. I'm afraid if I wait for the day of the show ( a work day for me, btw) there will be none left. As a longtime fan, I need to be at what could be the last tour.
  • Like 1

Maybe its just me,

But it is very frustrating.

It can be....A few hints, that could of worked well for presales..

God forbid, you click 'Best seats available' that would send you to the cheap seats....I believe you need to 'Search' seats with price and section...with diligence, the better seats will pop up. Also, there is a lot to be said about presale seats vs general public seats...waiting for the general sale can work well...With me, I got sucked into the fear of 'tickets selling fast...nothing will be left for public sale'....wrong. I did get good seats for Irvine and LA, with presale, using the above technique ...but sure as can be...after the presales sold the cheaper seats....then more,better seats are released for the general public sale...no matter which theory of seat selling you believe....it is a scam...driven by...of course...the almighty $

• Like 1

Maybe its just me,

But it is very frustrating.

It can be....A few hints, that could of worked well for presales..

God forbid, you click 'Best seats available' that would send you to the cheap seats....I believe you need to 'Search' seats with price and section...with diligence, the better seats will pop up. Also, there is a lot to be said about presale seats vs general public seats...waiting for the general sale can work well...With me, I got sucked into the fear of 'tickets selling fast...nothing will be left for public sale'....wrong. I did get good seats for Irvine and LA, with presale, using the above technique ...but sure as can be...after the presales sold the cheaper seats....then more,better seats are released for the general public sale...no matter which theory of seat selling you believe....it is a scam...driven by...of course...the almighty $

I guess my point is,

In the past you could just choose the price range see what seats were available and buy them if you were happy with the choice.

• Like 1

Yeah. Tickets have been on sale for 3 hours in Montreal and there are virtually no seats left that are not nosebleeds (2nd floor is sold out, only single seats left on the 1st floor and floor floor). I refuse to believe they sold out this quickly. During the time machine tour there were plenty of good and decent seats for months and they only sold out the concert the day before.

I'm glad I got the tickets I did, but this is insane.

EDIT: 6 hours later, only 3rd floor and above remain. I really don't believe several thousand seats have been sold this quickly without any publicity whatsoever. I'll bet there will be tons of seats magically reappearing in stock in due time.

Edited by USB Connector
  • Like 1

Check Ticketmaster resale on any venues seating chart. A quarter or more seats are available for purchase in the secondary market.. I like it better when the tickets were sold by Rush and music today..or whatever it was before. You needed a password and registered an e-mail address. I never got worse than 15th row center! Now the prices doubled or tripled for side lower bowl seats.

it seems this was poorly planned and rushed..no pun intended!

Edited by glennb2112
  • Like 2

Check Ticketmaster resale on any venues seating chart. A quarter or more seats are available for purchase in the secondary market.. I like it better when the tickets were sold by Rush and music today..or whatever it was before. You needed a password and registered an e-mail address. I never got worse than 15th row center! Now the prices doubled or tripled for side lower bowl seats.

it seems this was poorly planned and rushed..no pun intended!

Excellently planned and orchestrated, if you are looking to maximize profits.
  • Like 1

What frustrates me more than anything is not so much the price but being able to know where I would be sitting.

Why is it that I have to buy a random ticket not knowing this? :facepalm:

If by random ticket, you mean VIP (guaranteed first 10 rows)? I wish I had you problems ������

I had 10th row center for Clockwork in San Diego...even 10th row was spectacular...still very frustratingly anxious not knowing your seats.

No,

Any ticket VIP or not.

• Like 1

I had crazy good luck in the presales with Vip packages, paying out the wazoo of course. No luck in the general sale for a few other venues I was considering. Actually got blocked from TM for searching too quickly. What a ridiculous company.
  • Like 1

I had crazy good luck in the presales with Vip packages, paying out the wazoo of course. No luck in the general sale for a few other venues I was considering. Actually got blocked from TM for searching too quickly. What a ridiculous company.

Its fu***** stupid thats what it is! :madra: :madra:

Edited by troutman

For real. If you don't want me hitting the search button that fast, then put in a mandatory waiting timer or something. Didn't have multiple browsers open or anything...

• Like 2

For real. If you don't want me hitting the search button that fast, then put in a mandatory waiting timer or something. Didn't have multiple browsers open or anything...

Yep,

Not sure if I can even go. Just want a cheap ticket at this point to know I have one and where I am sitting.

I spent an insane amount of time trying to score decent tickets without paying some scalper an obscene amount of dough.... I was very lucky for Philly and got great seats after 30 minutes, but Tampa proved to be much more difficult. Eventually, after several days of presale attempts, I got some so-so floor seats - but I noticed some strange things:

After I finally got some floor seats to come up (Everything up to that point was in the 300 sections.... and I was there for the countdown at 10 am...) I bought my 3. I noticed that no more than 1/2 hour later the 3 seats next to mine, that were available at the same time, we up for "resale" at crazy mark-ups... Not so surprising, but then I looked at other "resale" tickets - there were entire rows on the floor being offered at crazy prices.... Now, I had been searching for days, my buddy's had been searching for days, and each of us reads the forums online.... nobody was pulling these tickets. If it truly is a random pull, there would certainly be some reports, some holes in these rows being sold. Yet, somebody (more likely some bot programmed by a scalper) had managed to score entire rows and put them up for sale at 3-10x face value.... It would seem that Ticketmaster must be in on this scam - statistically, it just doesn't work out that one group (scalpers) could secure entire rows, and another group (fans) would be totally shut out.

If Rush does call it a day, I certainly won't miss this ticket-buying bullshit!

• Like 1

I spent an insane amount of time trying to score decent tickets without paying some scalper an obscene amount of dough.... I was very lucky for Philly and got great seats after 30 minutes, but Tampa proved to be much more difficult. Eventually, after several days of presale attempts, I got some so-so floor seats - but I noticed some strange things:

After I finally got some floor seats to come up (Everything up to that point was in the 300 sections.... and I was there for the countdown at 10 am...) I bought my 3. I noticed that no more than 1/2 hour later the 3 seats next to mine, that were available at the same time, we up for "resale" at crazy mark-ups... Not so surprising, but then I looked at other "resale" tickets - there were entire rows on the floor being offered at crazy prices.... Now, I had been searching for days, my buddy's had been searching for days, and each of us reads the forums online.... nobody was pulling these tickets. If it truly is a random pull, there would certainly be some reports, some holes in these rows being sold. Yet, somebody (more likely some bot programmed by a scalper) had managed to score entire rows and put them up for sale at 3-10x face value.... It would seem that Ticketmaster must be in on this scam - statistically, it just doesn't work out that one group (scalpers) could secure entire rows, and another group (fans) would be totally shut out.

If Rush does call it a day, I certainly won't miss this ticket-buying bullshit!

The time wasted is what drives me nuts!!