Old Rush Rumors

antiquark

The band has been rumored to have smoked a bunch of weed during the recording of Caress Of Steel.

I call bs! :smoke:

It's been rumored that fans smoked a bunch of weed during the playing of Caress of Steel.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet
  • Like 2

Here's a crazy Rush rumor from a poster at KissFAQ's board:

Both are great bands, but let's not forget Rush actually spent their 40th year at home because they had over toured and LN wouldn't book them, brought back out this year telling everyone it'd most likely be the last time Rush ever toured to boost sales. The Usual Suspects in the"rush" to always rag on the Kurrent incarnation of KISS always forget the facts when trying to do so. Don't really understand it,it's quite comical.

http://www.kissfaq.c...hp?f=1&t=109241

I called BS on the guy because he had posted the same crap last year when Rush didn't tour. Best reply he could come up with is that I'm "butthurt" fan lol! More likely Livenation was butthurt because Rush turned them down so someone concoted this story. Nevermind the guys stated mutiple times they were taking a break after the Clockwork Angels tour and didn't want to tour last year.

Yeah I saw that and got a laugh.

I don't post much there , those people are still upset over things that happened a decade ago. :eyeroll:

The rumor I heard ( proven by photo) is that Kiss literally stole everything from Rush circa 1975.... the only thing they dived was create one new character with Ace...literally this mothballed t shirt proves this rumor is in fact...true

http://www.oldskoolhooligans.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/u/russh_2.jpg

• Like 3

Both are great bands, but let's not forget Rush actually spent their 40th year at home because they had over toured and LN wouldn't book them, brought back out this year telling everyone it'd most likely be the last time Rush ever toured to boost sales. The Usual Suspects in the"rush" to always rag on the Kurrent incarnation of KISS always forget the facts when trying to do so. Don't really understand it,it's quite comical.

I called BS on the guy because he had posted the same crap last year when Rush didn't tour. Best reply he could come up with is that I'm "butthurt" fan lol! More likely Livenation was butthurt because Rush turned them down so someone concoted this story. Nevermind the guys stated mutiple times they were taking a break after the Clockwork Angels tour and didn't want to tour last year.

Holy cow...I can't let this slide....Kiss and their fans have to be some of the most delusional people on earth....

Disclaimer...at 10 in 1976 I discovered Kiss...they were my #1 band...finally got to see em live in Jan 1978...by the fall the wheels startef coming off...by 1979 they were disappointing...by 1980 they were a joke.....as far as I'm concerned you look no further than the fact that last studio lp with the 4 originals was dressed to kill....think about that....1975...thats disgraceful......my favorite album destroyer has "ghost players" all over it....

By 1980 I was into Rush...Zep...Crimson...Yes...with Rush as my new #1.....

I read Paul Stanleys and Peter Criss bios...it was interesting ....I'll never really hate Kiss....but the delusional stuff I simply can't stand....and their refusal to even play at their induction in the RRHOF did not look heroic...it looked like "same ole Kiss" who can't get their shit together.....

I wouldn't give any insane theories they have about touring a second thought....its that "same ole Kiss" braggadocio that never adds up under further inspection....its just Gene Paul bullshit.

Edited by JBsDWdrums

I know a guy who swears that Geddy had throat cancer back in the 80's

I know a guy who swears that Geddy had throat cancer back in the 80's

I thought he had throat surgery or had something removed from his throat between Signals and G/P. Thats about when he stopped smoking so there may or may not be something to that rumor.

Holy cow...I can't let this slide....Kiss and their fans have to be some of the most delusional people on earth....

Disclaimer...at 10 in 1976 I discovered Kiss...they were my #1 band...finally got to see em live in Jan 1978...by the fall the wheels startef coming off...by 1979 they were disappointing...by 1980 they were a joke.....as far as I'm concerned you look no further than the fact that last studio lp with the 4 originals was dressed to kill....think about that....1975...thats disgraceful......my favorite album destroyer has "ghost players" all over it....

I read Paul Stanleys and Peter Criss bios...it was interesting ....I'll never really hate Kiss....but the delusional stuff I simply can't stand....and their refusal to even play at their induction in the RRHOF did not look heroic...it looked like "same ole Kiss" who can't get their shit together.....

I wouldn't give any insane theories they have about touring a second thought....its that "same ole Kiss" braggadocio that never adds up under further inspection....its just Gene Paul bullshit.

There is no bigger fan of KISS than yours truly - and I agree with you in that it has been awhile - as in "decades"

My love basically is based on 1973-1979, with '79 being a bit of a stretch

But I gotta take issue with Destroyer having ghost players "all over it" - that is absolutely not true ... Dick Wagner played one lead in Sweet Pain because, as the story goes, Ace was passed out in the lounge and famously said "How'd I sound ?" when woken

If you want to include Brooklyn Boys Chorus on Great Expectations, The New York Philharmonic on Beth or Bob Ezrin's kids doing the helium-type yelps in God Of Thunder, that's not really the definition of a ghost player ..

Destroyer is a classic, all-time great album, and KISS deserves a shitload of credit for pulling it off

Rock And Roll Over and Love Gun were both all KISS - the 4 members - so the last true KISS album should be considered 1977's Love Gun

Rocket Ride - which is a great song - was Ace, Peter and Paul, and was the beginning of the breaking apart of the bands, as it appeared on the studio side of Alive II

Now, if you wanna talk about their output post 1981, then you'll get no argument from me

ok, back to the topic at hand ...

Edited by Lucas

There is no bigger fan of KISS than yours truly - and I agree with you in that it has been awhile - as in "decades"

But I gotta take issue with Destroyer having ghost players "all over it" - that is absolutely not true ... Dick Wagner played one lead in Sweet Pain because, as the story goes, Ace was passed out in the lounge and famously said "How'd I sound ?" when woken

If you want to include Brooklyn Boys Chorus on Great Expectations, The New York Philharmonic on Beth or Bob Ezrin's kids doing the helium-type yelps in God Of Thunder, that's not really the definition of a ghost player ..

Destroyer is a classic, all-time great album, and KISS deserves a shitload of credit for pulling it off

Rock And Roll Over and Love Gun were both all KISS - the 4 members - so the last true KISS album should be considered 1977's Love Gun

Rocket Ride - which is a great song - was Ace, Peter and Paul, and was the beginning of the breaking apart of the bands, as it appeared on the studio side of Alive II

Now, if you wanna talk about their output post 1981, then you'll get no argument from me

Well according to Paulie.....Peter Criss was replaced on some Love Gun tracks as well....don't know if I should believe it or not....because well same ole Kiss became a backstab fest years ago......

I remember a rumor in the early 80's that Neil had cancer...the "proof" being his short hair. Ridiculous.

what in the world did Geddy get that caused this atrocity? :scared:

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq287/PanaceaFish/Geddy%20Lee%20Pix/Geddy124.jpg

Rumor is that Alex got him a coonskin hat for Christmas one year, and Geddy loved it so much he wore it for a whole year.

Geddy own up to his choice of fashion,hairstyles in an RS piece on the website

In this interview, Dick Wagner claims to have played the Flaming Youth solo...

http://kissmonster.com/interviews/interview_wagner.php

KF: "Flaming Youth". You play guitar on this song, but do you recall whether Ace had any lead on the song or did you simply do punch-ins to finish the piece?

DW: I don't think Ace had any of that solo... I did it as an overdub after the tracks had been cut.

Unless that's not a legit interview...

I am a Kiss fan as well despite all the crap that goes on with the band and their crazy/insane fans. Destroyer and Rock & Roll Over are IMO their best albums. I'm just tired of the guy posting that crap I think mainly to deflect the fact that Rush is able to tour without having to co-headline and Kiss can't. I gave up on seeing Kiss live after Poison outperformed them in 2004 but won tickets for the co-headlining tour with Def Leppard last year and Kiss was actually good that night. I still don't like Ace and Peter's make-up design being used but it's an old argument.

Again, I will stand behind the classic KISS and their music until the day I die ( and then some )

But for anyone to suggest that RUSH altered their plans for the R40 tour because of KISS is ridiculous -

Perhaps one reason 2015 was better suited for RUSH is because they felt more comfortable doing it from the time Neil joined ....

Be that as it may, there is no doubt RUSH and their 40 year anniversary is a much more interesting and desirable ticket ......

One look at attendance records (generally an average of 75% facility capacity, but often much higher in larger cities) and gate receipts of the last three tours to know that all the Live Nation would not book them thing is a crock. Live Nation would sign a squirrel running up and down a xylophone in tap shoes if they thought they could break 50% venue capacity on the tour.

I remember several times back in my teens and early 20s hearing claims (one time on NYC's premier classic rock station at the time, WNEW) that Geddy Lee's real name was "Gary Leibowitz", with "Geddy" coming from his mom's accented pronunciation of "Gary" and "Lee" coming from the first syllable of "Leibowitz".

Well, as we all know, the first part is true (the nickname "Geddy" did come from his Eastern European mom's pronunciation of "Gary") but "Lee" is of course not a truncation of "Liebowitz" but his given middle name (his birth name being Gary Lee Weinrib).

Edited by rftag