Why no Cleveland? Blame LeBron!!!

Snaked

Seriously! It's all Lebron James' fault!

Well.... not exactly but one big reason for there not being a Cleveland date *YET* is that the NBA has first rights to all their teams venues for the playoffs. And since it appears the Cavs will be in the playoffs this year.... yeah... so it comes back to BLAME LEBRON!!!!

June 4 -- The Finals begin (no move-up)

Now.. don't give up hope quite yet...

There is still a chance they're working on Blossom... ;)

Well.... not exactly but one big reason for there not being a Cleveland date *YET* is that the NBA has first rights to all their teams venues for the playoffs. And since it appears the Cavs will be in the playoffs this year.... yeah... so it comes back to BLAME LEBRON!!!!

Like the Cavs are making the finals- HA!

This argument holds little weight- In May Rush is playing Dalllas, Houston and New Orleans all capable of still playing Basketball at that time.

And if Toronto makes the finals they will come very close to the 2 Rush dates in Mid-June.

And people of Cleveland: Stop your whining! Hop in your car and drive to Columbus.

Want to get upset? Ask Memphis- The REAL HOME OF ROCK AND ROLL! Rush has not played there since 1992.

That's right 1992. 'Roll the Bones' Tour- I had to Move because Rush was never coming back.

I guess Ray Danniels had some bad BBQ.

Elvis would roll over in his grave if he was really dead.

I think the skipping of Milwaukee is as much of a tradgedy as skipping Cleveland

Milwaukee is always a stronghold for Rush and they draw some of their biggest attendances for the Milwaukee shows

The Milwaukee area fans know how to welcome Rush and they're always a great crowd

I understand the senitmental feelings for Cleveland, but Milwaukee has been there with them for almost as long especially for a so called second tier market

Of course I'm just f*ing bummed that they're skipping my city so I had to vent

• Like 2

All is not lost.

They are playing Lincoln, Nebraska. :wacko:

The Lincoln and Tulsa dates are surprising.

Neil must really want to bike thru the corn in Iowa to get to St. Paul

Someone said Tulsa's arena is half the cost of OKC to rent.

Not sure the seat differential

This argument holds little weight- In May Rush is playing Dalllas, Houston and New Orleans all capable of still playing Basketball at that time.

And if Toronto makes the finals they will come very close to the 2 Rush dates in Mid-June.

And people of Cleveland: Stop your whining! Hop in your car and drive to Columbus.

Want to get upset? Ask Memphis- The REAL HOME OF ROCK AND ROLL! Rush has not played there since 1992.

That's right 1992. 'Roll the Bones' Tour- I had to Move because Rush was never coming back.

Thanks for feeling my pain...I live in Memphis and Katy Perry, Usher crap come but not RUSH. I have to drive to St Louis this time!

• Like 1

Thanks for feeling my pain...I live in Memphis and Katy Perry, Usher crap come but not RUSH. I have to drive to St Louis this time!

Glenn saw Rush often at the old MSC.

How have they never played the Pyramid or FedEx Forum?

Do ANY rock shows come to town? I'm sort of out of the Memphis loop living in Fla.

All is not lost.

If he wanted to enjoy the countryside, he could have driven from the east to the west side of my state. But, no. They instead book a concert in a place called Lincoln, Nebraska. A hot spot to be sure. It will be interesting to see how many of those tickets either have sold or will sell, and how many empty seats there will be.

:rantoff:

All is not lost.

If he wanted to enjoy the countryside, he could have driven from the east to the west side of my state. But, no. They instead book a concert in a place called Lincoln, Nebraska. A hot spot to be sure. It will be interesting to see how many of those tickets either have sold or will sell, and how many empty seats there will be.

:rantoff:

Pinnacle Bank Arena, where the Cornhusker hoop team plays, will be the nicest venue on the entire tour.

Do ANY rock shows come to town? I'm sort of out of the Memphis loop living in Fla.

Pearl Jam played here recently..awesome show. Foo Fighers will be here in October. Not many rock shows head this way. Artists seem to skip Memphis and head to Little Rock or Nashville or even Tupelo. Motley Crue played in damn Southaven. The FedEx forum is a great venue but restrictions placed on it due to basketball and first right of refusal keeps shows away.

• Like 1

Cleveland omission is discussed around the 11:05 mark and Alex mentions that they are still working on some things - they are not done with it yet - scheduling. I wouldn't worry. I'd bet they play Cleveland for sure.

https://soundcloud.com/q107toronto/alex-lifeson-stops-by-q107-to-talk-about-the-new-r40-tour-john-derringer-012615

• Like 2

Pearl Jam played here recently..awesome show. Foo Fighers will be here in October. Not many rock shows head this way. Artists seem to skip Memphis and head to Little Rock or Nashville or even Tupelo. Motley Crue played in damn Southaven. The FedEx forum is a great venue but restrictions placed on it due to basketball and first right of refusal keeps shows away.

Which Fed Ex Forum is sort of shooting themselves in the foot. They have NO events, ZERO, ON their calendar for the months of May or June.

And 1 event for July. That's a 91 day window with 1 night rented. Bad business there. Even if the Grizzlies go far in the playoffs..

I have mentioned this in a number of other threads...

Many NBA (and to a lesser extent NHL) venues are blocked from this tour because of the timing in the late spring. Venues are contractually obligated to privilege the primary tenant's scheduling needs, including blocking large chunks of dates for the post season. Some of the NBA/NHL cities can work in a date in their host venues here or there in the spring, but the better date flexibility is always in the fall/winter. Most of the cities we are talking about Rush "missing" this tour (Cleveland, Milwaukee, San Antonio) are NBA cities that have been a part of the fall leg of a two leg tour for quite a while. Fall is doable in those arenas. Spring is not.

As for Lincoln, Tulsa, etc. Tulsa is a secondary market for OKC. OKC was likely locked out due to the NBA. Lincoln is a secondary market for Kansas City. Their dates and options had them moving north and/or east, so they likely looked for KC/St. Louis/Little Rock (?) next. St. Louis (note an NHL, but not NBA, city) worked later and they got a venue in St. Paul (note, they are playing the NHL, not NBA, venue in this metro area) just before that, so the next stop after Tulsa would have been potentially Little Rock or KC. Maybe Little Rock didn't work, or maybe the location just wasn't seen as viable, or maybe they just decided KC is closer to St. Paul and makes more sense. KC was probably locked up, but Lincoln (a city with 300K people in its metro and home to a large university on top of its proximity to KC metro) was available. So Lincoln it is. I know for a fact this is the same reason they are playing Austin, rather than San Antonio.

I know. I know. It's hard to believe, but the NBA has more pull than Rush.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

Many NBA (and to a lesser extent NHL) venues are blocked from this tour because of the timing in the late spring. Venues are contractually obligated to privilege the primary tenant's scheduling needs, including blocking large chunks of dates for the post season. Some of the NBA/NHL cities can work in a date in their host venues here or there in the spring, but the better date flexibility is always in the fall/winter. Most of the cities we are talking about Rush "missing" this tour (Cleveland, Milwaukee, San Antonio) are NBA cities that have been a part of the fall leg of a two leg tour for quite a while. Fall is doable in those arenas. Spring is not.

As for Lincoln, Tulsa, etc. Tulsa is a secondary market for OKC. OKC was likely locked out due to the NBA. Lincoln is a secondary market for Kansas City. Their dates and options had them moving north and/or east, so they likely looked for KC/St. Louis/Little Rock (?) next. St. Louis (note an NHL, but not NBA, city) worked later and they got a venue in St. Paul (note, they are playing the NHL, not NBA, venue in this metro area) just before that, so the next stop after Tulsa would have been potentially Little Rock or KC. Maybe Little Rock didn't work, or maybe the location just wasn't seen as viable, or maybe they just decided KC is closer to St. Paul and makes more sense. KC was probably locked up, but Lincoln (a city with 300K people in its metro and home to a large university on top of its proximity to KC metro) was available. So Lincoln it is. I know for a fact this is the same reason they are playing Austin, rather than San Antonio.

Good post. But as I have said in May (NBA Playoffs) they are playing NBA arenas in

Dallas, Houston, New Orleans. June- Chicago, Detroit and Toronto- During the NBA Finals

So why wouldn't those cities take the same actions as you are saying Cleveland, SA, Milwaukee?

Plus NHL arenas in St. Paul, St.Louis, Dallas, Tampa, Columbus, Buffalo, Chicago, Toronto..over 4 rounds of playoffs.

Seems your NBA/NHL argument is a little weak.

For Memphis- It's something completely different. It's a personal disdain for the city.

It's a running joke for people of Memphis. 2 new arenas the last 20 years, NBA team- but Rush..........NO

Last played on the 'Roll the Bones' tour.

I'm convinced someone got mugged, food poisoning or worse in May 1992 there...

9 straight tours - ZERO Memphis concerts.

Good post. But as I have said in May (NBA Playoffs) they are playing NBA arenas in

Dallas, Houston, New Orleans. June- Chicago, Detroit and Toronto- During the NBA Finals

So why wouldn't those cities take the same actions as you are saying Cleveland, SA, Milwaukee?

Plus NHL arenas in St. Paul, St.Louis, Dallas, Tampa, Columbus, Buffalo, Chicago, Toronto..over 4 rounds of playoffs.

For Memphis- It's something completely different. It's a personal disdain for the city.

It's a running joke for people of Memphis. 2 new arenas the last 20 years, NBA team- but Rush..........NO

Maybe Memphis just isn't a hot enough market.

Maybe Memphis just isn't a hot enough market.

But Lincoln, Nebraska is a Rush hotbed.

Apparently more than Cleveland or Pittsburgh.....

a few other points

The venue in Little rock hosted Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen (reunion), and Elton John. So it would accommodate Rush.

Memphis has been overlooked not only by RUSH but other bands as well. Backroom dealings to get an NBA team to Memphis made a pact with the devil. They can block anything at any time. Hell taxpayers also paid for a parking garage that is missing a floor...paid for it but it never was built.

• Like 1

a few other points

The venue in Little rock hosted Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen (reunion), and Elton John. So it would accommodate Rush.

Memphis has been overlooked not only by RUSH but other bands as well. Backroom dealings to get an NBA team to Memphis made a pact with the devil. They can block anything at any time. Hell taxpayers also paid for a parking garage that is missing a floor...paid for it but it never was built.

Backroom dealings involving Prince Mongo and Wayne Emmons I assume

Edited by Disembodied Spirit