Geddy to appear on That Metal Show (again) Feb. 21st

The Analog Cub

This is old news by now, but I just watched the ep of That Metal Show today. Was pretty good overall. Liked Ged's answers on tour and album questions. Ged also cracked me up during the Stump Trunk section ("you get no guitar"). Just wish it could have been longer and more in depth, but I always wish for that :D.

Glad you got to see it... :cheers:

I am so depressed though because I totally missed the latest installment of That Adult Contemporary Show :(.

Gotta watch Rock Icons too!!... :cheers:

Has it already been shown?

Last night after That Metal Show

I found it pretty interesting. Almost a short version of BTLS with a little extra (the Le Studio stuff) mixed in.....

Why is "Le Studio" in the shape it is in?

I guess the official answer to this would be because the company that owns it has let it go to crap. I think originally there had been plans to build a hotel there or some kind of resort. I wish someone would buy it from these people and fix it up as either a functioning recording studio again or even just a rock museum or something.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

great show! i wish i could have been a fly on the wall for all the backstage stuff. wonder if geddy & john got to hang out & talk more. jim florentine is such a lucky guy to meet all his heroes.

Florentine is probably still kicking himself for is "Clockwork Oranges" question.

That was funny and I like the new format of the show. Now I see what everyone was saying with the COS shirt! I don't think the show was bad at all and I've heard when Eddie really interrupts people...this was nothing. Look alike Geddy really enjoyed himself, too.

agreed. I think Trunk asks good questions.

I found it pretty interesting. Almost a short version of BTLS with a little extra (the Le Studio stuff) mixed in.....

I guess the official answer to this would be because the company that owns it has let it go to crap. I think originally there had been plans to build a hotel there or some kind of resort. I wish someone would buy it from these people and fix it up as either a functioning recording studio again or even just a rock museum or something.

I wish I could,

It just boggles my mind that it would be left in this condition.

• Like 1

I wish I could,

Many reasons for failure-

Equipment was probably never updated- Expensive

Recording studios are hard to make a profit day in day out.

Being in rural Quebec someone has to want solitude.

With today's manufactured music, albums are built on laptops.

Most studio work is a week or 2 or less.

Sad

• Like 1

I wish I could,

Many reasons for failure-

Equipment was probably never updated- Expensive

Recording studios are hard to make a profit day in day out.

Being in rural Quebec someone has to want solitude.

With today's manufactured music, albums are built on laptops.

Most studio work is a week or 2 or less.

Sad

Good point,

But you would think that the history of the place would be a major concern. Hopefully at some point it can be restored.

It says: This video is unavailable from your location.

:(

I have the same problem here with VH1, but luckily I watched the whole show on youtube before they've deleted it. Bastards. :bang bang:

I have the same problem here with VH1, but luckily I watched the whole show on youtube before they've deleted it. Bastards. :bang bang:

You should have downloaded the video. :(

You should have downloaded the video. :(

I wasn't aware that the video is so full of whatever, that they have to delete it. Censored internet sucks big balls.

Edited by greyfriar

This is old news by now, but I just watched the ep of That Metal Show today. Was pretty good overall. Liked Ged's answers on tour and album questions. Ged also cracked me up during the Stump Trunk section ("you get no guitar"). Just wish it could have been longer and more in depth, but I always wish for that :D.

I just watched it now, along with the bonus clips. I thought it was good, but not long enough. "Clockwork Oranges," heh. Now to go find that Rock Icons show that was mentioned...

great bonus clips! i'm sure u guys noticed

***spoiler*****

on the taped show b4 the break eddie was like "when we return we'll find out the answer to the question: is this rush's final tour..." and you can see geddy shaking his head, mouthing..."no you won't" LMFAO classic

Edited by daveyt
  • Like 4

finally watched the "that metal show" episode. holy shit was that cringeworthy hearing him say "clockwork oranges". felt so bad for geddy but he handled it very well. was awesome to see Petrucci in there considering JP is my favorite guitar player of all time and DT is my 2nd favorite band behind Rush. Was pretty cool to see JP go fan boy on the after show and ask Geddy those questions.
  • Like 3

Asked to rank a selection of albums:

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

He explained that it's based on songwriting. Fly By night is lowest because it was transitional, Neil was new to the band, everything felt new and inexperienced, so he ranked that lowest among the preselected batch of albums.

They played a copy of the forthcoming 2112 vinyl reissue, which has star holograms etched into the platter. Host said, "Comes with rolling papers too, I bet" :smoke:

ATWAS takes about 3 joints to listen to.

I wish he would have ranked the Self Titled lower.. Gosh I can't stand that album.

:sigh: :moon: :D .....

AFTK and the debut should be switched from the list posted.

AFTK's should be first but that's a whole other show and thread. Just my opinion. Just glad the Debut got some love.. :)

Actually the two live albums were paired off separate from the rankings...so AFTK didn't compete with the debut in this instance.

I really enjoyed Geddy's comments and the after the show bits were good too. Wish I could find a copy of the Who benefit concert he played in, that would be cool :drool:

• Like 2