Geddy to appear on That Metal Show (again) Feb. 21st

The Analog Cub

great show! i wish i could have been a fly on the wall for all the backstage stuff. wonder if geddy & john got to hang out & talk more. jim florentine is such a lucky guy to meet all his heroes.

Florentine is probably still kicking himself for is "Clockwork Oranges" question.

• Like 2

Asked to rank a selection of albums:

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

He explained that it's based on songwriting. Fly By night is lowest because it was transitional, Neil was new to the band, everything felt new and inexperienced, so he ranked that lowest among the preselected batch of albums.

They played a copy of the forthcoming 2112 vinyl reissue, which has star holograms etched into the platter. Host said, "Comes with rolling papers too, I bet" :smoke:

ATWAS takes about 3 joints to listen to.

I wish he would have ranked the Self Titled lower.. Gosh I can't stand that album.

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

He explained that it's based on songwriting. Fly By night is lowest because it was transitional, Neil was new to the band, everything felt new and inexperienced, so he ranked that lowest among the preselected batch of albums.

They played a copy of the forthcoming 2112 vinyl reissue, which has star holograms etched into the platter. Host said, "Comes with rolling papers too, I bet" :smoke:

I wish he would have ranked the Self Titled lower.. Gosh I can't stand that album.

:sigh: :moon: :D .....
  • Like 2

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

AFTK and the debut should be switched from the list posted.

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

As the official Ambassador for the debut, I tip my hat to Geddy for the ranking

https://www.youtube....h?v=RXjFqSoOeNg

who are these insufferable douchebags interviewing him?

Petrucci playing 'metal' guitar....typical weee, weee,weeee...did I just walk into Guitar Center?

Last 20 minutes are the interviewers yapping incessantly...why did they bother bringing Geddy there? :rage:

Turrrible, turrrible interview.

you're welcome.

You seriously don't know??

No I don't, nor do I care after watching that. The 'hosts' were self-absorbed douchebags only interested in spewing out their own ill-informed opinions. The last 20 minutes, Geddy sat smiling politely and wondering why he was here. These ass clowns couldn't get 'clockwork orange' correct and had trouble naming all studio albums.

Here's a tip for interviewers...ask the question, shut up and listen, rinse and repeat.

It's a TV show on VH1. It's not the Tonight Show with Geddy Lee.

• Like 1

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

They played a copy of the forthcoming 2112 vinyl reissue, that has star holograms etched into the platter. Host said, "Comes with rolling papers too, I bet" :smoke:

F**k it. AFTK's is still number 1 no matter what he says.... :codger:

Yeah, what does he know anyway? LOL.

Pretty sure AFTK was ahead of the debut, but still surprising that he put it that high. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's underrated.

Yes, you are correct on AFTK being ahead of Rush. I went to edit my initial post and the option to do so is not there.

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

AFTK and the debut should be switched from the list posted.

AFTK's should be first but that's a whole other show and thread. Just my opinion. Just glad the Debut got some love.. :)

Trunk's a big fan, he won't be able to resist asking a ton of questions about the tour/setlist

Trunk is like a lot of Rush fans, admits he bailed on Rush circa Power Windows.

:ph34r: ....

I like how he didn't name GuP-HYF when he had to name 15 albums. Of course, he forgot RTB, Rush's return from the forgotten, but at least he named T4E and not CP.

Exactly what I said. Trunk literally knows nothing about Rush from 1984-1992.

Someone asked him on a past show to name the 4 sections of 'Fear' from Rush.

Dude had no clue what the guy was talking about.

• Like 3

Trunk's a big fan, he won't be able to resist asking a ton of questions about the tour/setlist

I like how he didn't name GuP-HYF when he had to name 15 albums. Of course, he forgot RTB, Rush's return from the forgotten, but at least he named T4E and not CP.

Ask him something about UFO however and... :cool:
  • Like 1

Trunk is a Rush fan, that's obvious. Perhaps he's not a Rush geek, though.

• Like 5

Lol......That's funny. I wouldn't expect he'd like anything past Signals anyway. Not Metal enough i guess, lol Although he probly likes CA

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

In his book he admits he bailed on 'Keyboard' Rush.

Did not follow the band. However once he got into rock radio, he had to play RTB, Counter etc....

So a fan, not a geek like the rest of us.

His love for UFO is disturbing to say the least.

• Like 1

True that. If anyone has watched the show through the years it is quite obvious. Is he a bigger UFO fan? Absolutely. But he is a big Rush fan as well. He is probably as knowledgeable of Rush as I was when I got to this forum. Mostly early 80's back. Fortunately my old stubborn @ss has broadened his horizons some the past year or so... :codger: Edited by Narpsberg
  • Like 2

When that dude asked Trunk to name 15 of the 20 studio albums, how many people besides me paused the DVR and listed them?

My wife was like , I knew you'd get them, and in order no less.

When that dude asked Trunk to name 15 of the 20 studio albums, how many people besides me paused the DVR and listed them?

My wife was like , I knew you'd get them, and in order no less.

i could name em asleep, lol

Mick

• Like 3

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

They played a copy of the forthcoming 2112 vinyl reissue, that has star holograms etched into the platter. Host said, "Comes with rolling papers too, I bet" :smoke:

Pretty sure AFTK was ahead of the debut, but still surprising that he put it that high. Not that I'm complaining, I think it's underrated.

Yes, you are correct on AFTK being ahead of Rush. I went to edit my initial post and the option to do so is not there.

Geddy's top 5 were correct. Doesn't matter what order he put them in :)

• Like 2

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

Geddy's top 5 were correct. Doesn't matter what order he put them in :)

Now that I really look at it I couldn't agree more. He got all the great ones in there.... :haz:
  • Like 1

great show! i wish i could have been a fly on the wall for all the backstage stuff. wonder if geddy & john got to hang out & talk more. jim florentine is such a lucky guy to meet all his heroes.

John P was happy I bet but Geddy has said he knows they are good musicians but DT is not his cup of tea

John P was happy I bet but Geddy has said he knows they are good musicians but DT is not his cup of tea

The look on his face when John started playing before the commercial breaks looked to me to be polite tolerance.

• Like 2