Geddy to appear on That Metal Show (again) Feb. 21st

The Analog Cub

ATWAS. Heavy, raw, in your face! Geddy prefers it because of the live audience, it sounds more like a real snapshot of that era.

He explains that Exit Stage Left "haunts" him because of their decision to pull the audience back.

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

I'm gonna sit in my sad little corner and sob pathetically. (*On a side note, I am glad to hear that the Icon show seems good.)
  • Like 1

My mother was also a big fan of Roy Orbison. I'll have to tell her that next time I talk to her. Don't know about anybody else, but based on the interview from That Metal Show, it seems like the end to me. The last tour in a long time I believe he said.

Trunk's a big fan, he won't be able to resist asking a ton of questions about the tour/setlist

Trunk is like a lot of Rush fans, admits he bailed on Rush circa Power Windows.

:ph34r: ....

I like how he didn't name GuP-HYF when he had to name 15 albums. Of course, he forgot RTB, Rush's return from the forgotten, but at least he named T4E and not CP.

• Like 1

The throwdown will be awesome!!!

Geddy got it right for the right reasons. I'm a bit surprised at that, and his ranking of the first 9 albums. He screwed CoS and FBN, but I was actually impressed. I was expecting a more reverse chronological order from him.

• Like 1

I don't get vh1 classic anymore, I'll probably watch it on youtube though whenever it shows up

Me either, apprently. I have CMT, BET, two MTVs...but no VH1. Oh well...link will be coming in 3, 2, 1...

Asked to rank a selection of albums:

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

Hemispheres

Rush

A Farewell to Kings

Signals

Caress of Steel

Fly By Night

He explained that it's based on songwriting. Fly By night is lowest because it was transitional, Neil was new to the band, everything felt new and inexperienced, so he ranked that lowest among the preselected batch of albums.

They played a copy of the forthcoming 2112 vinyl reissue, which has star holograms etched into the platter. Host said, "Comes with rolling papers too, I bet" :smoke:

ATWAS takes about 3 joints to listen to.

ATWAS. Heavy, raw, in your face! Geddy prefers it because of the live audience, it sounds more like a real snapshot of that era.

He explains that Exit Stage Left "haunts" him because of their decision to pull the audience back.

I like how after the show ended you could hear him say something along the lines of "we ripped the heart out of ESL". Yup!

• Like 2

Trunk's a big fan, he won't be able to resist asking a ton of questions about the tour/setlist

I like how he didn't name GuP-HYF when he had to name 15 albums. Of course, he forgot RTB, Rush's return from the forgotten, but at least he named T4E and not CP.

I thought he mentioned RTB as the 15th and last one he got.

• Like 3

Is it just me that likes that ESL is polished? :/

Yes.

My friend played it for me the day of release. A huge fan of ATWAS, I was confused. I remember wondering what the point of the collection was. It struck me as very un-live, like they just played the albums through various concert hall systems and recorded them remotely.

• Like 2

I thought he mentioned RTB as the 15th and last one he got.

In that case, I am a very bad ambassador, indeed. So the five were GuP, PoW, HYF, CP and Clockwork Oranges?

• Like 1

Yes.

My friend played it for me the day of release. A huge fan of ATWAS, I was confused. I remember wondering what the point of the collection was. It struck me as very un-live, like they just played the albums through various concert hall systems and recorded them remotely.

I do love the Broon's Bane/Trees/Xanadu transitions...a medley with full songs.

• Like 2

Yes.

The highlight, for sure.

Yes.

The highlight, for sure.

YYZ and La Villa are great, too. It's a great album. I just prefer the energy, spontaneity, and aggressiveness of ATWAS. The crowd reflects that, and I'm glad that Geddy gets it. Hopefully that translates into the next tour.

• Like 3