Geddy to appear on That Metal Show (again) Feb. 21st

The Analog Cub

Every band/musician seems to have crummy tastes on their own material though. It means something entirely different to them than it does their fans. Perfect example that no one here will probably get is Tom Petty's opinion on his album Echo. It's a brilliant piece of music, but he hates it to this day b/c he wrote the songs during a horribly depressing time in his life.
  • Like 2

Every band/musician seems to have crummy tastes on their own material though. It means something entirely different to them than it does their fans. Perfect example that no one here will probably get is Tom Petty's opinion on his album Echo. It's a brilliant piece of music, but he hates it to this day b/c he wrote the songs during a horribly depressing time in his life.

Yes this is it. Usually artists remember the events surrounding the actual music more positively or negatively. Either the creative process itself or the situation in which they recorded it. So his favorite or least favorite albums may have nothing to do with the music itself but rather what was going on at the time.

• Like 2

if you want to get f***ing wasted, take a drink every time trunk mentions UFO

How this guy became some sort of spokesperson for hard rock and metal is beyond me. It's embarrassing .

If he's the one campaigning for more metal acts in the hall of fame, no wonder they f***in ignore the genre.

Edited by Xanadoood
  • Like 2

Somebody has to carry the banner... :madra:

yeah, I guess at least there's one guy on tv talkin about ufo

They are generally largely forgotten it seems. The 70's (the Schenker years) at least they were pretty f**king incredible in my view.... :codger:

How this guy became some sort of spokesperson for hard rock and metal is beyond me. It's embarrassing .

If he's the one campaigning for more metal acts in the hall of fame, no wonder they f***in ignore the genre.

yeah, I'm not sure how he did it. he's got nothing interesting to say, his personality is annoying. I do like watching TMS for the laughs though, and it's not intentionally funny. it's just stupid.

I've heard some of his tirades on the hall of fame, and it's worse than the bitching you'll see on here haha

yeah, I'm not sure how he did it. he's got nothing interesting to say, his personality is annoying. I do like watching TMS for the laughs though, and it's not intentionally funny. it's just stupid.

I've heard some of his tirades on the hall of fame, and it's worse than the bitching you'll see on here haha

Here is some for ya.... No Yes and Deep Purple :moon:<------------------------------ Eddie should try this :scared: Edited by Narpsberg

They are generally largely forgotten it seems. The 70's (the Schenker years) at least they were pretty f**king incredible in my view.... :codger:

I don't know anyone irl who's into ufo, but I've encountered a lot of people around my age who like them. so I think people are gonna like them for at least a little while longer

Here is some for ya.... No Yes and Deep Purple :moon:<------------------------------ Eddie should try this :scared:

yeah, that definitely sucks. but I'm pretty sure eddie also wants poison in the hall of fame, so f**k him :D

• Like 2

I don't know anyone irl who's into ufo, but I've encountered a lot of people around my age who like them. so I think people are gonna like them for at least a little while longer

That is actually good to hear. i can't imagine anyone who loves rock music putting on Strangers and not digging it.... :huh:
  • Like 1

Here is some for ya.... No Yes and Deep Purple :moon:<------------------------------ Eddie should try this :scared:

yeah, that definitely sucks. but I'm pretty sure eddie also wants poison in the hall of fame, so f**k him :D

:rfl: ..... good1 my young brother.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

I don't get vh1 classic anymore, I'll probably watch it on youtube though whenever it shows up

I only get it on my main big screen in the living room. I would love to lay my old lazy @ss in bed and watch it but that won't be happening... :sigh: :codger:

You folks better start getting ready for the grand event. Pop that pepperoni pizza in the oven. :pizza:

This is a time when I wish I could have a couple ice cold beers again but the pain meds will have to do... :LOL:

Cool! I just found the channel. Playing a "Guns N' Roses" concert at the moment... I'll stick with the Thunder game until Geddy comes on.

Good move. I noticed the same and will pass on the G & R....
  • Like 1

Just remember Geddy, when the man asks you "So Geddy, tell us what your favorite Rush album is" you are going to shock each and every Solar Federalist's socks off when you answer: "Why, Hemispheres of course. What else?"

:rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

This interview has already happened, right? It's not live?

That is correct. They tape a boatload of shows all at once. I have watched the show many times. They have people on there I have interest in maybe half the time however.... :sigh: