Geddy to appear on That Metal Show (again) Feb. 21st

The Analog Cub

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2015-02-04/rushs-geddy-lee-guests-on-that-metal-show-premiere/?xrs=TMS_5pm

The first guests of That Metal Show‘s 14th season have just been announced and this might just be the best season yet. Joining Eddie, Jim and Don on Saturday, February 21st will be none other than Rush singer and bassist Geddy Lee. And if that isn’t enough to send fans of classic rock and progressive metal into a tizzy, mounting the TMS riser as season 14′s first musical guest is Dream Theater‘s very own wizard of the six-strings, John Petrucci.

That Metal Show host Eddie Trunk was beyond excited to make the announcement, saying “Back when TMS was first born, Geddy & Alex were nice enough to fly to New York and be a guest in our very first season. I’ve always had a great relationship with the Rush guys and it meant so much to me they were willing to support something I was doing that at that point hardly anyone had seen or heard of.” He added, “Amazingly almost seven years have passed and we’re now about to debut our 14th season of That Metal Show and I couldn’t be more honored to welcome back Geddy to the set to celebrate 40 plus years of Rush and the return of TMS!”

Tune into VH1 Classic Saturday, February 21st at a brand new premiere time of 9/8C to see the season 14 premiere of the only show on television about all things hard rock and heavy

• Like 2

Over/Under in Vegas on when Eddie Trunk references UFO is currently at the 9 minute mark.
  • Like 2

Someone keep an eye out for a YouTube link or if it can be streamed from somewhere, since I'm stuck here in the UK.

They stream all episodes of TMS fom

http://www.vh1.com/shows/that_metal_show/video/full-episodes/

Not sure if you can access it frm te UK, but pobably worth a shot.

Edited by Justin Case

Eddie trunk said this about the new geddy lee interview.

I did ask Ged if this is the last tour, future plans and even talked some baseball. We also show a new release of 2112 and find out what his favorite and least favorite Rush albums are! Had a blast! Can't thanks Geddy enough for returning to the show and being such a great guest. The Rush guys all have a great sense of humor as well and know what it means to be fans and have always been so cool with me. Honored to have their support. Geddy flew to NYC just to do TMS which is so awesome! ... was so cool to have [John] Petrucci on who was a kid in a candy store around Geddy. ...

Hold Your Fire had better not be his least favorite. Although I have a feeling it might be Fly By Night or Caress of Steel. I know he wasn't fond of the first few albums.

Trunk's a big fan, he won't be able to resist asking a ton of questions about the tour/setlist

Trunk is like a lot of Rush fans, admits he bailed on Rush circa Power Windows.

Hopefully he asks good questions. Looking forward too it

Trunk's a big fan, he won't be able to resist asking a ton of questions about the tour/setlist

:ph34r: ....
  • Like 1

You've redeemed yourself :D

• Like 1

You've redeemed yourself :D

:codger: I think so. I have tried at least.... :cheers:

His favorite and least favorite albums.. We get to find out if Ged is a "true" Rush fan!
  • Like 5