Do you look at the setlist before your show?

Lost In Xanadu

For me, it's pretty random. I usually don't go looking, but sometimes it's hard not to see - especially when visiting this place. I think once the tour starts this time, I will try to avoid this sub-forum just because I am not going to opening night and want to be surprised.

If I catch wind of the setlist, I don't really care - it won't ruin my enjoyment of the concert. I know some people might not like it though.... so fair warning, posting song titles in thread titles will likely anger some members here.

I will probably try to not look since I'm attending the third show (St. Paul), and that isn't an unreasonable wait. Spoilers are everywhere, however, be it from my friends going to the show talking about it, or a radio station actually handing out the setlist to people coming into the arena...very hard to avoid even in the shortest of bursts.

By May 8th I may change my mind, but I'm gonna try to go without knowing this time out. We'll see how that goes.

• Like 1

I will probably try to not look since I'm attending the third show (St. Paul), and that isn't an unreasonable wait. Spoilers are everywhere, however, be it from my friends going to the show talking about it, or a radio station actually handing out the setlist to people coming into the arena...very hard to avoid even in the shortest of bursts.

By May 8th I may change my mind, but I'm gonna try to go without knowing this time out. We'll see how that goes.

Sounds exactly like me. I try to avoid it, but sometimes you just can't help it...

I agree. I'd rather be completely surprised, but I don't think that'll end up happening- because I won't be able to resist reading what everybody has to say about the shows between May 8th and June 8th.
  • Like 4

I agree. I'd rather be completely surprised, but I don't think that'll end up happening- because I won't be able to resist reading what everybody has to say about the shows between May 8th and June 8th.

That's exactly how long i'll be waiting as well. I know I'll be able to avoid this forum and RIAB. I looked up the setlists for S&A and Time Machine, but told myself I wasn't going to for CA, and be surprised at my first show of the tour. It was an awesome approach, and I can't wait to be surprised in Columbus! My only concern is that last tour, on one of the first few show nights, the RUSH FB page posted a status that had a pic of the bottom part of the setlist, with Tom Sawyer/2112 visible. That annoyed the crap out of me.

• Like 2

For the last 3 tours I did go looking for it. I wish I hadn't for the Snakes tour cause of all those deep cuts they pulled out.

This time I'm going to try REALLY hard not to, but since my show isn't until July 9th, it'll be difficult.

• Like 1

The intention that I don´t want to know the setlist before my Toronto.

Hard task, as I will download the available bootlegs once they appear on DIME.

In the past I listend to many shows before went to a show myself.

But not this time. Hopefully.

My son (16 years old) looks at it ahead of time. I don't. We go to the shows together, and mostly it's o.k. Mostly. Example:

On the CA tour, at intermission, I remarked to him how odd it was that the drum solo was so short, and in the first half of the set.

My son's response? Silence. Complete silence.

I, therefore, KNEW, that there would be more to come :coy:

Clem

• Like 1

Yes, I'm gonna know the setlist in advsnce, I simply can't help it. And I found it useful in the past to avoid a long queue for a beer just after intermission.

Yes. I always look. Helps me plan the evening more efficiently... runs to concessions or bathroom, etc. Also like to be ready to capture the expressions on my pals faces when their favorite tunes begin. They all know I know what's to be played, but I never tell 'em.

Yes. I always look. Helps me plan the evening more efficiently... runs to concessions or bathroom, etc. Also like to be ready to capture the expressions on my pals faces when their favorite tunes begin. They all know I know what's to be played, but I never tell 'em.

So you really will get up and leave your seat during the show? So far I've been lucky and not had to visit the restroom before the set break.

• Like 1

For the last 3 tours I did go looking for it. I wish I hadn't for the Snakes tour cause of all those deep cuts they pulled out.

This time I'm going to try REALLY hard not to, but since my show isn't until July 9th, it'll be difficult.

Wish I had known before I saw the S & A's show. I would have brought one of those neck pillows.... :)

I'll try to avoid this stuff, but if I do stumble upon something it won't ruin the experience or anything. I don't really care what they play. I love it all! Well, almost.

Without a doubt I will! One of the most exciting nights for CA was sitting at my PC the night of the first with various forums open watchibgvtv everybody unfold song by song. After a song was announced, I would go to YouTube, find a version of the song, convert the file to a downloadable and burnable format (I had just gotten a Smartphone and didn't know how to utilize it for this situation), and then save the file to a folder on PC. By the end of the show, I had setlist on CD!

I thought it was an exciting evening. This year I plan on doing the same thing but using my phone.

Edited by dtpoet

I've only seen them once. On the Clockwork Angels tour. I looked up the set before hand. I'm glad I did. If I didn't, I'd probably have spent the whole show hoping they'd play Xanadu.

As it was, I had months to get used to the idea that it was a mainly 80's set.

I've always looked up set lists in advance, not just for Rush but for all concerts. Since I will be going to opening night in Tulsa, this will be the first time I will not know the set list ahead of time. I'm actually really looking forward to the surprise!

I've only not known the Setlist for Bob Dylan and Judas Priest because they were opening night. And Tom Petty chose random songs so he didn't have a very predictive setlist. It doesn't bother me to know Rush's setlist ahead of time. It may only make me more excited. It's not like I'll memorize it, and even if I do, it won't hurt. it'll let me know when the show is wrapping up