Guitar purchase nightmare

briremo

Hahaha. You guys are funny. Longwood is a big city compared to Boone, NC. Bobby at Appalachian music is very laid back country gentlemen. He doesn't know how to scan or email a photo. But he can pick a guitar and runs shop like no ones business. Yes, I'm a big city boy compared to his burg.

Glad it all worked out. And that you didn't have to go for a Taylor... :P

I have a crazy story regarding a drum kit I ordered a number of years ago:

http://www.americanmusicsales.com/product_images/music/S/L/SLJ7K9KBM9CA8LWT6F2RWFJG2662BGEC.jpg

This was the top of the line kit by Roland at the time. I think it cost over 6,000.00 with the pedal and amplifier at the time. I bought it, and was expecting delivery but it never came. I called the store and the manager got involved. He went back to the purchase order, and the info was inputted via computer at the time at Guitar Center. He found that the employee that had typed in the address for me used the completely wrong information. The address wasn't even close. They could not understand how it happened. Anyways, they called the address it was mailed to and GC said that the man denied ever having received anything. Drum set lost! They had to reorder it and I did receive it, but the bottom line is, I found out that if a person receives ANYTHING in the mail...anything that belongs to someone else, the law states it is yours. You do not have to return it.

Seems ridiculous, but its true.

I have a crazy story regarding a drum kit I ordered a number of years ago:

http://www.americanmusicsales.com/product_images/music/S/L/SLJ7K9KBM9CA8LWT6F2RWFJG2662BGEC.jpg

This was the top of the line kit by Roland at the time. I think it cost over 6,000.00 with the pedal and amplifier at the time. I bought it, and was expecting delivery but it never came. I called the store and the manager got involved. He went back to the purchase order, and the info was inputted via computer at the time at Guitar Center. He found that the employee that had typed in the address for me used the completely wrong information. The address wasn't even close. They could not understand how it happened. Anyways, they called the address it was mailed to and GC said that the man denied ever having received anything. Drum set lost! They had to reorder it and I did receive it, but the bottom line is, I found out that if a person receives ANYTHING in the mail...anything that belongs to someone else, the law states it is yours. You do not have to return it.

Seems ridiculous, but its true.

This has been the law ever since I can remember.