Rush must be touring in Europe as well, right...?

YYZumbi

Disembodied Spirit'

Plus touring in Europe is rare in the fall/ winter...so I don't see it

Rush toured Europe during the falls of 2004 and 2007; obviously, as all other bands, you can't play the Open Airs card during those months but indoor arenas are Rush dimension here around anyway.

The sadly point is that I'm speaking of arenas sometimes half (or a third) empty.

IMO only a UK tour would be profitable once they cross the pond.

I was at the Amsterdam Concert 2013 (which was great, fantastic sound/acoustic at the venue) - A security guy told me, that approx. 8'300 fans have attended the show. Keep in mind, that Ziggo Dome im Amsterdam has about 15'000 seats... I was thinking, 8'300 was not a bad number for contintental europe, after touring europe in 2004, 2007, 2011.

If RUSH really would like to thank all the loyal fans for one last time - then they MUST come over the pond, for 10 concerts or so in UK, Netherlands, Germany. We and they deserve it. My fear is, that they won't maybe do it because of the costs, that they won't make enough money for that. I think, the money (financial revenue) is so important today in the biz, so this is the key question for such a decision

It's not the question, If they can still play with an age of 62/63 for a dozen of shows. If it goes down just to the question "to be able to play" and to have fun to play, sometime in spring 2016 - that isnt' the problem. Just MHO.

Geddy could visit the Burgundy afterwards and buy some fine wine.... (He's a collector of Burgundy Reds).

• Like 1

Rush should do one of those London Hyde Park Summer shows.

Maybe Mid-August??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_concerts_in_Hyde_Park

Bands usually cut their setlists because of the curfew due to the central London location (and there are always many bands playing before the main act)

I saw Black Sabbath there last year: great show but shorter set; I don't think it fits to Rush.

• Like 1

it's a nightmarish scenario but it don't belong to a science fiction screenplay; maybe they will consider just a UK trip. Honestly, continental Europe seems to have lost much appeal for other great bands: for instance, Paris and Amsterdam are the only continental stops for The Who in 2015 (as happened in 2013).

In any case if we add this to the possible lesser number of dates in America and to the ticket market nowadays, future don't look so relaxing.

Actually The Who Played Dublin, Ireland in 2013 also.

it's a nightmarish scenario but it don't belong to a science fiction screenplay; maybe they will consider just a UK trip. Honestly, continental Europe seems to have lost much appeal for other great bands: for instance, Paris and Amsterdam are the only continental stops for The Who in 2015 (as happened in 2013).

In any case if we add this to the possible lesser number of dates in America and to the ticket market nowadays, future don't look so relaxing.

Actually The Who Played Dublin, Ireland in 2013 also.

as they will do in 2015, but when I'm saying 'continental Europe' I'm referring to mainland

I would personally agree but I'm afraid it could even decrease the attendance figures here around: I remember in 2013 reading at least one letter on Classic Rock magazine from a UK fan that did suggest Rush / promoters to lower ticket prices to have a full arena (he was speaking of Birmingham or Sheffield) cos people would be much more willing to buy a 60GBP ticket instead of one costing 75/80 GBP

To make it short: here in Europe tragically seems we don't have very attractive figures for Rush and promoters.

I remember buying easily my ticket for the Berlin 2013 show just two days before the event and the arena was at least 40% empty.

Not exactly the same of what's happening with R40 Tour in America....

I travelled to Birmingham for the R30 show and that was sold out, then Rush added a second night at Birmingham a week later and that sold out too! The ticket price was £35 which was excellent for a three hour show. I then went to Newcastle twice to see the Snakes and Arrows tour and Time Machine Tour, both pretty full halls and the ticket prices were £45 and £55, again excellent prices for the show we got. I just checked my ticket stubs for Clockwork Angels at Sheffield and they were £75...which then went up to about £83 after handling fees etc. So it was a jump up in price, but every show I've seen I've left the venue saying that was better than last time and well worth the money. Saying that, the venue had about 7,500 out of 10,000 there, so the ticket prices may have put people off? If they decide to tour over here again and the ticket price goes up, I'd definitely buy but I can understand why people might not as they are expensive. Some of the prices in America are crazy, over $3,000 for front row!? I'd kill for front row seats but those prices are ripping fans off big style. Edited by KING2112
  • Like 1

I travelled to Birmingham for the R30 show and that was sold out, then Rush added a second night at Birmingham a week later and that sold out too! The ticket price was £35 which was excellent for a three hour show. I then went to Newcastle twice to see the Snakes and Arrows tour and Time Machine Tour, both pretty full halls and the ticket prices were £45 and £55, again excellent prices for the show we got. I just checked my ticket stubs for Clockwork Angels at Sheffield and they were £75...which then went up to about £83 after handling fees etc. So it was a jump up in price, but every show I've seen I've left the venue saying that was better than last time and well worth the money. Saying that, the venue had about 7,500 out of 10,000 there, so the ticket prices may have put people off? If they decide to tour over here again and the ticket price goes up, I'd definitely buy but I can understand why people might not as they are expensive. Some of the prices in America are crazy, over $3,000 for front row!? I'd kill for front row seats but those prices are ripping fans off big style.

Especially when in Europe you just buy general admission and get there early in order to get front row.

I've tried my best for front row but the first few rows always seem to disappear right after they go sale, then panic sets in cos you don't want to miss out. I suppose I've been lucky with the tickets I did get...Row 6 in front of Alex for Clockwork, Row 7 in front of Geddy for Snakes and Arrows, then the other two shows, R30 and Time Machine tour not so lucky as I could only get half way back and even further. I was shocked that it was Ticketmaster selling tickets at those prices though, but I think they're hoping people buy them with the possibility that this is the last tour.

For me a basic concert from rush is good for me in Europe.

At least it will lower the cost! :smoke:

No special light's and lasers,

just a couple of good amps, and geddy's killer rickenbaker, alex his gibson les paul en and good kitt voor Neil. (and the pedals and synthes).

and we are ready for 'a evening with :rush: '

imagine...The hammersmith will be sold out in 5 min.

Really hoping for Europe...I'm not ready to say goodbye to rush without seeing them at least 1 last time.

Oh ye of little faith.

They had a ball the last 2 times they were in the UK so who's to say they won't come over. Profit hasn't really been a factor for them touring here because I think they probably lose money every time. They more than make up for it with North American ticket sales.

These guys come over because they love it. I'm thinking October time maybe.

On VH1's Icon show Geddy stated to the Blue Jays manager that a WORLD tour would probably start in the spring.

I wouldn't get too excited about that since it was most likely filmed sometime last year, when plans were still being made. By 'Spring", I'm thinking he was referring to this year...and obviously we know that is not happening.