I'm starting to loose interest in the band..?

Zabriskie

All you need's a little bit of a break. Doesn't matter how long, really, just enough time that you can come back and feel like the songs are interesting again. Hell, I've been on like a year long break, as I've started to discover more artists and dig deeper and deeper into the world of Prog Rock. It also explains why I stopped showing up here for like a year :P

Take a 25 year or so break. When you return everything will be fresh and new again. "True fan" status may go down the drain however... :codger:

You haven't had true fan status since Signals came out. :P
  • Like 2

Take a 25 year or so break. When you return everything will be fresh and new again. "True fan" status may go down the drain however... :codger:

Power Windows actually but close enough lol...
  • Like 2

But even after GUP you were probably hoping that Rush would go back to a more hard rock classic sound on their next album?

I know I was.

Like others said, ANYTHING ...a band, a movie, a TV show, etc will eventually get stale after awhile. I'm not nearly as gung-ho about Rush as I was 25 years ago when I first discovered them but they're still one of my favorite bands. I just branched out into other music and spread my interest around. Its healthier than being too obsessed with any one thing. I'm also an avid Beatles and Elton fan. I have a friend who listens almost exclusively to Led Zepplin and while I respect that it makes him happy I'm not sure how he's not burned out on them.

As far as Rush goes, they started losing me bit by bit starting with Counterparts. That was the first album that contained a song I disliked immediately (Speed Of Love) and then the middling Test For Echo which wasn't much to brag about and then the sonic mess that was Vapor Trails and THEN the preachy mid tempo snooze fest that was Snakes...

But even after GUP you were probably hoping that Rush would go back to a more hard rock classic sound on their next album?

I know I was.

You know to be honest at the time I really enjoyed(still do) MP, Signals and Grace but I of course noticed the change but they were still my boys. I still went to the yearly shows each year up to HYF but my daughter was born in 87' and it really changed everything...
  • Like 1