I caved and got crap seats for Philly...

ALifeson85

Since I was flat broke during the pre-sale last week, I couldn't get tickets until this past Friday when the tix "officially" went on sale. All that was available were seats in the upper deck of the arena - section 212 - halfway across. I looked into StubHub, and was not about to purchase floor seats for $500+ a piece - especially since I have 4 other people going with me to the show.

I know, i know - I could have waited until a week or so before the show, and tried to snag decent seats for lower prices, than they are currently, but I just really didn't want to risk it. Ah well. Either way, I'm STILL going to the show, and I'm sure it'll be kick-ass.

• Like 2

There's peace of mind in having tickets locked in, and as you've said you'll have a kick ass time regardless of where the seats are.

So far everything I've seen regarding tickets for this particular tour are just a bit off normal, yeah typically you can hold out until a week or so before show date and score tickets but that might not be the case this time in many cities. Anxiety is ramped over over what's likely the last major tour, limited number of dates with no promise of a secong leg...its a perfect storm for price gouging and fan frustration enhanced with chaos and confusion over this and that pre-sale, phantom VIP pre- sales with mere handfuls of tickets for us fans, Ticketmaster issues and StubHubbery gone wild.

First time in forever we're going to hit just one stop on a Rush tour as well as not having seats in the first 10 rows but it just wasnt meant to be this time; I'm just going to savor the hell out of our one show (Newark) :codger:

• Like 2

I've seen Rush from the upper deck before. Nothing wrong with it at all. You'll still have a blast!

I have, as well. My dad and I saw the Clockwork Angels show in Houston, December 2012, and our seats were in the upper level, and it was still a really good time.

• Like 1

When I travelled to Edmonton to watch my Colorado Avalanche play them, I had tickets for row 39 of the upper deck. We were one row away from the the top of the building, and we were 10 feet away from the ceiling. Seats were horrible, but I would gladly take them again for a chance to see Rush on this tour. It's their final tour, being there is all that matters.
  • Like 1

I'm going to take a chance and wait. Not sure about the Greensboro NC. Rush fan base, but it seems this just might be the venue to wait it out.

If I miss, I can always get VIP seating for the price.

I hope VIP seating will still be availble last minute.

Hey Narpiski. What you doing?

Edited by John V
  • Like 1

I've seen Rush from the upper deck before. Nothing wrong with it at all. You'll still have a blast!

Yeah, saw the Test for Echo tour from the upper deck in Philly...wasn't a bad show....2112 the WHOLE freaking way through...there was no way that would ever suck for me!

• Like 1

Even though I did plenty of :rage: bitching on here about presales , priority #1 was simply "get me in the building". Which I did for "only" :eyeroll: $116. Once that was accomplished, the chance of getting a better seat later was gravy.

Of my 10 :rush: shows, the first 4 were all at least 30 rows away from the stage, and I enjoyed all of them. Then in 2007 for S&A I hit 4th row for W Palm Beach :drool: and I've been somewhat spoiled ever since. Row 20 or closer 5 of last 6 shows, no scalpers required. Rolling the Bones, indeed :D-13:

• Like 2

There's peace of mind in having tickets locked in, and as you've said you'll have a kick ass time regardless of where the seats are.

So far everything I've seen regarding tickets for this particular tour are just a bit off normal, yeah typically you can hold out until a week or so before show date and score tickets but that might not be the case this time in many cities. Anxiety is ramped over over what's likely the last major tour, limited number of dates with no promise of a secong leg...its a perfect storm for price gouging and fan frustration enhanced with chaos and confusion over this and that pre-sale, phantom VIP pre- sales with mere handfuls of tickets for us fans, Ticketmaster issues and StubHubbery gone wild.

First time in forever we're going to hit just one stop on a Rush tour as well as not having seats in the first 10 rows but it just wasnt meant to be this time; I'm just going to savor the hell out of our one show (Newark) :codger:

LOL at the character, but you're spot on on that!

Same here, We got good center first-row tix further back, I'm not filming, I'm not standing, I'm bringing binoculars, and I'm just going to take in the entire show. Anyone having tix will be rewarded wtih a fantastic evening!

The band said that they want to so something special for the fans too, so who knows, maybe it'll be a giveway for everyone or something special. Shit, I'd take a free bottle-opener and put it on my keychain for the rest of my life, which may not be that much longer, LOL.

• Like 2

Even though I did plenty of :rage: bitching on here about presales , priority #1 was simply "get me in the building". Which I did for "only" :eyeroll: $116. Once that was accomplished, the chance of getting a better seat later was gravy.

Of my 10 :rush: shows, the first 4 were all at least 30 rows away from the stage, and I enjoyed all of them. Then in 2007 for S&A I hit 4th row for W Palm Beach :drool: and I've been somewhat spoiled ever since. Row 20 or closer 5 of last 6 shows, no scalpers required. Rolling the Bones, indeed :D-13:

That's it; "IN THE BUILDING"! I've seen the boys up close, and have pictures and video...as long as I'm IN, I'm a happy dog! (wagging my tail and every damn thing!) The first time I got to see them, was in Philly (Spectrum) on the GuP tour.. I had floor seats in the middle of the third section...to the right of and behind the mixing board location... I didn't care those were fine...so we saw the opening band (Y&T) and after the lights came up, some of their ushers came to people in my section and said "you are getting moved" and started herding us towards the front... I just about shat! I was moved to about 10-15 rows back on Geddy's side! So close that Geddy was busting on my "grooving" during one of the songs! But in the building it the key...especially since this may be it!

• Like 1