Rate Yourself As A RUSH Fan

Lorraine

Anyway, I don't consider "true fandom" as loving every single thing someone ever did. Fandom is dedication, passion, and admiration. No, I don't like Hemispheres. But I'm as much a fan as anyone else is when it comes to just how much Rush means to me. And for the record, I do happen to love nearly everything else.

If somebody abandons them for over 25 years should that count against said individual?... :codger:

I would put you as an eight.

Toymaker, on the other hand, is no eight.

It's important to remember that you are measuring yourself against the super fandom of Zumbi.

:D

• Like 2

Am too an 8! I have a red vinyl Hemispheres. That's like 5 points right there! Another 1.5 for my argument that places Permanent Waves in the 70s. Another point for my past eloquent arguments regarding Signals. Another .5 because . . . I bought the R40 box.
  • Like 2

On a scale of one to ten, where would you be? Ten being Zumbi-like and one being like me. :LOL:

zumbi's an 11.

Seems I don´t have to answer in this thread...

I have you covered, Zumbi. :)

Appreciate that my dear! :)

• Like 1

Am too an 8! I have a red vinyl Hemispheres. That's like 5 points right there! Another 1.5 for my argument that places Permanent Waves in the 70s. Another point for my past eloquent arguments regarding Signals. Another .5 because . . . I bought the R40 box.

:o Did you really buy that? My husband said they're shysters for making fans buy a box set that includes most of what they already have to get one thing that they don't have.

Since you bought R40, that would make you more than an eight. :yes:

• Like 1

On a scale of one to ten, where would you be? Ten being Zumbi-like and one being like me. :LOL:

zumbi's an 11.

Zumbi, I bring you up so much in conversation, that even my husband knows who you are, and he doesn't even like Rush.

:o Did you really buy that? My husband said they're shysters for making fans buy a box set that includes most of what they already have to get one thing that they don't have.

My wife made me. She said, "you're a fan, of course you have to buy it."

"But," I replied, "I already have a lot of this stuff."

"Are you a fan?" she asked.

"Yeah, but . . ." I hesitated.

"So buy it!" she insisted.

"Well . . . I really wouldn't mind having that stuff on bluray."

"See?" she replied. "And having it on bluray will increase your fan status."

"I don't really need my fan status increased," I said. "Hello? Red vinyl Hemispheres?"

"Stop mentioning the red vinyl," she yelled. "You'll make all the other so-called Rush fans jealous."

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

My wife made me. She said, "you're a fan, of course you have to buy it."

"But," I replied, "I already have a lot of this stuff."

"Are you a fan?" she asked.

"Yeah, but . . ." I hesitated.

"So buy it!" she insisted.

"Well . . . I really wouldn't mind having that stuff on bluray."

"See?" she replied. "And having it on bluray will increase your fan status."

"I don't really need my fan status increased," I said. "Hello? Red vinyl Hemispheres?"

"Stop mentioning the red vinyl," she yelled. "You'll make all the other so-called Rush fans jealous."

Hmmmm You are hovering around Zumbiville at this moment. The red vinyl Hemispheres is a rarity. And you do own it.

zumbi's an 11.

Zumbi, I bring you up so much in conversation, that even my husband knows who you are, and he doesn't even like Rush.

Really? :o That´s cool... but one question thou... how can he NOT like Rush? :o

Whatever Zumbi is, I'm the opposite.

And proud of it.

Then you would be with me at one.

Nah, -10 is the opposite of 10. Or if he's an eleven turn me all the way up to -11.

I also bought the R40 box set... but maybe that is not as much as a surprise as he buying it? :P

zumbi's an 11.

He was never a big music fan, even when he was young. I never asked him why he doesn't like Rush.

zumbi's an 11.

He was never a big music fan, even when he was young. I never asked him why he doesn't like Rush.

Go ask him right now, I wanna know! :o

zumbi's an 11.

Go ask him right now, I wanna know! :o

He's not home now.

Let's see...

Liking the music? 9.0 Love Dog Years, the debut, High Water.

Concert attendance? 7.5 (+/- ten shows, front row once, inventor of the YYZ interpretive dance method)

Paraphernalia? 6.0 (Most releases, several vids...VHS even, 5 shirts)

I was a 10 until Permanent Waves came out...then dropped down to about a 7 over the 80s...down to a 5 in the 90s...I'm probably a 3 for this century's output.
  • Like 2