Selling VIP Tickets - Can it Be Done?

Principled Man

I bought one VIP Silver Package ticket for St. Paul, but it now looks like a have a date for the show. :o :LOL:

The fine print on the ticket and on Ticketmaster's website says that VIP Packages cannot be sold. I'm assuming that all the free gifts that come with the ticket are not for resale, but can the ticket itself be resold?

Has anyone been able to sell VIP tickets in the past?

I purchased VIP Gold for Calgary and went with the print-at-home ticket option, and in my confirmation email it says that photo ID matching the attendee name must be presented. It also says that I have 10 days from purchase to add an alternate name for pickup. Hope that helps a bit!
  • Like 1

Good point, I just went into my Ticketmaster account and tried the "transfer ticket" option, put in my work email address, and I think I would have been able to transfer (but like you I didn't out of fear of something going wrong!) it, and you have to out in the name and email of the person you're transferring it to so maybe that would work?

I had Gold VIP in Tulsa and did not have to show any ID to enter. I think that, for the shows handled by TM, there should be no problem with someone other than the purchaser using the tickets. Venues with the more old school VIP Nation lottery have to actually pick up their tickets at the venue. In that case, they will need ID and that can make it trickier.

Hope this helps!!

For Tulsa, yes. The venues where TM did the VIP tickets were all done that way (otherwise they would not have been able to funnel any to scalpers...oops...did i just say that?). Only the straight VIP nation venues (Denver, KC, Philly, etc) will have to pick up at the venue.
  • Like 1

You could always arrange with your ticket buyer to go into the show at the same time, that way if the ID was an issue, you could just show them yours and everyone gets in! Edited by H to O
  • Like 1

We had extra Silver VIP for New Orleans (downloadable tickets) and noticed the same - after numerous calls to Tickebastards and various answers each time, the final consensus was that while technically non-transferable, the only limit would be if names didn't match for using the VIP only entrance or any VIP only merch table (and that would only be issue if they were even checking). Assured they would have no trouble with entry or accessing seats. We're selling one to a fan whose coming in day of show, so we're meeting at venue and personally handing off ticket and hopefully the swag. The second we posted on the TM resale site (dropped to below face value on our end because those idiots tack on an extra $100 fee), but they allowed a transfer of name through their system. Haven't been able to get answer if the swag transfers as well yet - thinking no because it's not a part of the re-listing.

Hope this helps!

( :

• Like 1

We had extra Silver VIP for New Orleans (downloadable tickets) and noticed the same - after numerous calls to Tickebastards and various answers each time, the final consensus was that while technically non-transferable, the only limit would be if names didn't match for using the VIP only entrance or any VIP only merch table (and that would only be issue if they were even checking). Assured they would have no trouble with entry or accessing seats. We're selling one to a fan whose coming in day of show, so we're meeting at venue and personally handing off ticket and hopefully the swag. The second we posted on the TM resale site (dropped to below face value on our end because those idiots tack on an extra $100 fee), but they allowed a transfer of name through their system. Haven't been able to get answer if the swag transfers as well yet - thinking no because it's not a part of the re-listing.

Hope this helps!

( :

The swag doesn't transfer. It's shipped to the original purchaser.

Transferring VIP tickets to somebody else's name is easy and standard practice.

• Like 1

Well it worked for us, because someone transferred a VIP Gold ticket for NYC to me through Ticketmaster, and he's giving LiveNation my name and address to have the goods shipped to me directly.

Hope this helps!

( :

Yep, I was happy you had that extra Silver ticket for sale :) Worked out perfectly :)

Well it worked for us, because someone transferred a VIP Gold ticket for NYC to me through Ticketmaster, and he's giving LiveNation my name and address to have the goods shipped to me directly.

I don't think Live Nation will be doing the shipping to you. It's pretty clear in the fine print that VIP merch is not transferable. He'll have to ship the stuff to you himself.The tickets are transferable, yes. Not the stuff.

Edited by Bard

Well he's in Sweden, so he's not even getting the stuff either. He talked to someone at Live Nation and gave them my address, so we'll see what happens!

Well, if they made an exception, that's great for you. I dunno why they wouldn't ship to Sweden unless it specifically states no out of US shipping. If that's the case, then maybe that's why they made an exception for him.

Yeah, maybe. It sucks that they have no problem taking all that money for the ticket yet won't ship it out of the country!