R40: Almost a given it will be filmed, but where?

KTMMan

Ok, so the last decade and a half worth of tours have resulted in a DVD/Blu Ray releases. I can't imagine that this one will be any different. In fact, if it is the last one hopefully it will be their magnum opus but people can argue about that some other time :beathorse:

Anyway I was just interested in seeing what others thought as to which show or shows would be "The One". I'd be shocked iof it were any of the earlier shows as they have preferred to tour awhile and get the kinks workled out before such an undertaking. My guess is that it will be one of the last few shows and maybe even the last one in L.A. since it is a big market and close to home for Neil. My hope though is that it will be Seattle or Portland since I have up close tickets and after 32 years as a fan deserve to be in the dang videos! Any other thoughts?

Ok, so the last decade and a half worth of tours have resulted in a DVD/Blu Ray releases. I can't imagine that this one will be any different. In fact, if it is the last one hopefully it will be their magnum opus but people can argue about that some other time :beathorse:

Anyway I was just interested in seeing what others thought as to which show or shows would be "The One". I'd be shocked iof it were any of the earlier shows as they have preferred to tour awhile and get the kinks workled out before such an undertaking. My guess is that it will be one of the last few shows and maybe even the last one in L.A. since it is a big market and close to home for Neil. My hope though is that it will be Seattle or Portland since I have up close tickets and after 32 years as a fan deserve to be in the dang videos! Any other thoughts?

I think it will somewhere down the middle of the tour. Probably after the first break at the Columbus Show at the Nationwide Arena. By then they would have iron out all the kinks and Geddy's Voice would have recovered form that weeks rest. They would also have more time to prepare for the filming if its the first night after the break!

The more that I think about it what will probably happen is they will decide the location solely based on convenience of scheduling a shoot. Seems it is often easier to do that than overthink which particular venue might be "the perfect place". I believe just about every crowd will be worthy and put in a strong display. The boys usually have no problem rising to the occasion as well.

I'll go with Toronto or NYC they had a amazing opportunity to film the 2 sold out nites at Radio City and MSG would be a missed time too.i noticed that theNortheast Rush fans are the most rabid (other countries different story) New Haven,Boston,NYC,Newerk,Philly they gotta film some of these shows!.Of course there is Detriot,Columbus,Chicago,Montreal too I've seen Rush in almost every city and a lot abroad but I noticed the southern markets the fans seem like there standing there waiting for a bus,now that's IMO and I'm not knocking my southern brothers except Florida I always run into asshole cops there and I got respect for police but Florida cops have no respect.I have family in law enforcement and even they say Florida police are just too aggressive especially when they see out of state plates on cas jeez! They even almost arrested 2 of my black friends one time when we drove down there and using such racist terms on them it was just downright racist and sad.

I'm getting off topic sorry ill say Toronto,NYC,Chicago,Detroit,Montreal,Boston those are my guesses

Either Toronto for the double date flexibility, or LA so they can bill the DVD as the last show of the last big tour.

If they do film it, I hope they don't wait till the end when Geddys voice is at its worst. They need to film about half the way in or earlier.

Buffalo has always been a big Rush city and always has a great crowd. So, I say film it here.

This also brings to mind why the hell Rush has never recorded anything live here before?

To early in the tour for Buffalo Least we got the ESL cover in Buffalo which I am on