what have i done

maxbeckmann

what i question is the policy behind the "not knowing your seat before the day of the show".

i don't get it. any toughts ?

I'm pretty sure it is all about foiling the scalpers. It's awfully tough to scalp tickets if you don't know their exact location and have to show ID two hours prior to the show to pick them up. Imagine you wanted to resell the tickets you just purchased - how would you do it? The theory is that this policy enables real fans to get choice seats at ticket office prices, but now the TicketBasterds are pretty much charging scalper prices at the box office… so I'm not sure if I like the policy or not.

My biggest problem is that there is a HUGE difference between 1st row center and 10th row on the outer aisle. I have VIP Gold for Philly, and I'm going to very disappointed if I'm not 1st or 2nd row center, and I'll absolutely want to KILL someone if I'm on the outer aisles.

That's exactly why I'm glad the Calgary show was Ticketmaster (sounds weird to say that I'm glad about anything to do with Ticketmaster!), at least I knew exactly what I was buying for my $500 (Canadian, thanks to our low dollar!).

what i question is the policy behind the "not knowing your seat before the day of the show".

i don't get it. any toughts ?

I'm pretty sure it is all about foiling the scalpers. It's awfully tough to scalp tickets if you don't know their exact location and have to show ID two hours prior to the show to pick them up. Imagine you wanted to resell the tickets you just purchased - how would you do it? The theory is that this policy enables real fans to get choice seats at ticket office prices, but now the TicketBasterds are pretty much charging scalper prices at the box office… so I'm not sure if I like the policy or not.

My biggest problem is that there is a HUGE difference between 1st row center and 10th row on the outer aisle. I have VIP Gold for Philly, and I'm going to very disappointed if I'm not 1st or 2nd row center, and I'll absolutely want to KILL someone if I'm on the outer aisles.

I love the aisle seats!!! :D

Since this may be the last tour most of us sold a kidney to pay for these tickets. Welcome to the club

i am not a gambler.

but today i've been one.

bought 2 vip gold package under the influence of...i don't know.

cost me 815.00

will not know before the day of the show where my seats are.

(what's the point of that policy ?)

anyways. wanted to share.

now. cheer me up. please.

I don't get it either. Yesterday I could have bought two tickets 8th row for around $500 each.

It said they tickets would be availble on May 26th. The show is on the 28th.

Do they mean they are mailing them. (It sure sounded like that). That would leave less than a day to get them. Crazy!