That's it, I'm done. Screw this, screw RUSH, screw the brokers

briremo

Everyone is sitting on Geddy's side. All of the venues will be tilting.

I would sit in front of Alex. And if I was going, I shouldn't have a problem getting a seat in front of him since everyone else is sitting in front of Geddy or on Geddy's side. :LOL:

Being in front of Geddy is a lot more fun and interactive, if you are a guy. :)

Alex can be very serious, mind you he IS busy and doesn't interact much *most* shows, but he watches and rewards the worthy with picks and t-shirts and such. :)

Edited by Godeater2112

I would sit in front of Alex. And if I was going, I shouldn't have a problem getting a seat in front of him since everyone else is sitting in front of Geddy or on Geddy's side. :LOL:

Alex can be very serious, mind you he IS busy and doesn't interact much *most* shows, but he watches and rewards the worthy with picks and t-shirts and such. :)

That's not why I would want to sit in front of him. I want to watch the master at work. Whether he acknowledges my presence or not doesn't matter.

• Like 1

That's not why I would want to sit in front of him. I want to watch the master at work. Whether he acknowledges my presence or not doesn't matter.

I was front row in front of Alex on the last tour...he'll actually become quite the hilarious distraction. I found myself watching his goofy antics more than Neil (which is who I wanted to pay the most attention to!). He definitely will acknowledge your presence. Lots of times it was almost like he was making faces at us like "hey, watch me play this incredible solo"

He only gets really serious when the pyro starts blasting away right behind him

Edited by edm2112

Well then it doesn't matter who you sit in front of, they are all beyond mesmerizing!

I was front row in front of Alex on the last tour...he'll actually become quite the hilarious distraction. I found myself watching his goofy antics more than Neil (which is who I wanted to pay the most attention to!). He definitely will acknowledge your presence. Lots of times it was almost like he was making faces at us like "hey, watch me play this incredible solo"

He only gets really serious when the pyro starts blasting away right behind him

I would agree that Alex interacts with the audience quite a bit. He can be quite the clown. You can always get his attention and he'll mime questions and comments and stuff at the audience members. Geddy will look at you and smile sometimes but he's got a bit more to concentrate on. Easier to get a reaction out of him when he's rocking out during an instrumental or a place in a song where he doesn't have to sing for a bit.

I'll get the topic back on point. SCREW IT! Most of the premium section seats are scalped before the public sale even opens. Rush has received enough of my money.

This is my final Farewell to Kings. Sayonara.

Don't be such a drama queen. I can understand you're frustrated that you didn't get tickets, or even the tickets you would have wanted. But as many people have already pointed out, decent tix are available closer to the show date, even is you have to pay x-amount of dollars over cost.

I mean, on this reseller site:

http://www.ticketnetwork.com/tix/rush-05-14-2015-tickets-2485726.aspx

tickets for floor seats 15 rows behind me are going for $132, basically $35 more than what I paid for my fanclub presale Row 11 tickets.

That's easily worth it if I didn't already have tickets.

NC show is going fast too! I just got seats in the 20th row in front of Geddy. Best I could do without waiting and possibly losing my chance.

$287 per ticket was not what i wanted to spend until my wife said get as good as you can and do not worry about the money.

Well, I still worried a little about money....

I was able to get pretty nice seats in Section 108 -- closest lower section Alex side in the Citibank presale.

About half way up right on the stage side aisle.

You could buy right off the seating chart, and there were plenty to go around without having to pay the VIP/Plats premium for seats.

(under $300 for the pair including ticketbastard fees)

Edited by Syrinx Priest

NC show is going fast too! I just got seats in the 20th row in front of Geddy. Best I could do without waiting and possibly losing my chance.

$287 per ticket was not what i wanted to spend until my wife said get as good as you can and do not worry about the money.

I was able to get pretty nice seats in Section 108 -- closest lower section Alex side in the Citibank presale.

You could buy right off the seating chart, and there were plenty to go around without having to pay the VIP/Plats premium for seats.

I wanted seats right in front and was willing to pay for them. I am 20 rows back, but last time I was on the sidelines I was disappointed in the seats.

The tickets were for seats 1-4 and I needed two. I ended up with seats 3 & 4. I wanted 1 & 2. Aisle seats.

But I will keep a $100 bill in my pocket so when they show up for seats 1&2 I will offer them a quick 100 bucks to move down two seats!

Think Greensboro will be sold out?

I wanted seats right in front and was willing to pay for them. I am 20 rows back, but last time I was on the sidelines I was disappointed in the seats.

The tickets were for seats 1-4 and I needed two. I ended up with seats 3 & 4. I wanted 1 & 2. Aisle seats.

But I will keep a $100 bill in my pocket so when they show up for seats 1&2 I will offer them a quick 100 bucks to move down two seats!

I don;t know about 100% sold out but it should be close.

I am also going to Austin and have Floor seats, Row 2 (scored in the VIP presale)

This show I am attending with my 12 year old son, so I felt aisle seats not on the floor would be better.

Honestly, I preferred the VIP format from previous tours, where you had to attend the show (could not resell tickets from VIP) and pick up the tickets at Will Call.

That format shook out the ticket resellers and the guys in their underwear in Haweaii buying tickets for ATL just to resell on eBay. The real fans got the tickets.

I now consider myself very, very fortunate to have gotten good seats in the VIP sale for ATL. I think the word got out that VIP for Rush this time (via TM) could be resold, so a TON more folks showed up to buy in the pre-sales this round.

I know I'm late to the thread. But brokers will still get and resell the VIP tickets. They won't do it often but if they know a show has a strong resell vaule they will risk it. The brokers I talked to said they have never not been able to get the tickets into the hands of the sellers. Even at shows that require pickup at the door.

Honestly, I preferred the VIP format from previous tours, where you had to attend the show (could not resell tickets from VIP) and pick up the tickets at Will Call.

That format shook out the ticket resellers and the guys in their underwear in Haweaii buying tickets for ATL just to resell on eBay. The real fans got the tickets.

I now consider myself very, very fortunate to have gotten good seats in the VIP sale for ATL. I think the word got out that VIP for Rush this time (via TM) could be resold, so a TON more folks showed up to buy in the pre-sales this round.

I totally agree with you, Capoetc. This time around, Ticketmaster (Ticketbastard) has ruined the VIP ticket-buying process, and along with the brokers, essentially corrupted the whole method of purchasing tickets. It really does seem like a hopeless situation!!!!! ;-(

so for twenty minutes I'm trying to get tickets to the Tampa show. shoot me in the head because I'm dying to pay $175 a seat but cant find anything.

Nothing but lower bowl, can;t even buy VIP seats. all gone...but wait!

They're available on StubHub already for $3,500. F***K You! :moon:

Only to fortify the photo in your sig... Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Marysville/Rush07Marysville080.jpg

That is awesome!

Or this one...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/IMG_2887_zpsc1c61294.jpg

True dat! I prefer to see the whole show. I have had my time up close - really prefer to be off the floor.

Actually..it was cool to be up close for the Scranton show in 2002 which was the second show of the year when Neil came back...but later in the year I saw them in Hershey from the front row of the middle section, and thought the experience of the entire show was a little more interesting than being in the 5th row!

I've been getting loge tickets for concerts in theaters if I can...those are always great seats!

20 rows back on the floor? I have sat 16 row back on the floor and 2nd row on the side. I much prefered the side section. Much better viewing.

But that is just mu opinion.

I was lucky enough to grab 3rd row, center floor section, for the Salt Lake City show. Yes, 2 tickets, $404 each. Is it worth it? Of course the fan in me says yes, but the pragmatic guy balancing the checkbook says "eeehhhhhhhhh....." Regardless, my daughter and I will be geeking out closer to the boys than ever before.

And she'll remember that. That's why the pragmatist had to shut up this time.

I was lucky enough to grab 3rd row, center floor section, for the Salt Lake City show. Yes, 2 tickets, $404 each. Is it worth it? Of course the fan in me says yes, but the pragmatic guy balancing the checkbook says "eeehhhhhhhhh....." Regardless, my daughter and I will be geeking out closer to the boys than ever before.

And she'll remember that. That's why the pragmatist had to shut up this time.

Can your pragmatist talk to my inner pragmatist 'cause he's not listening to me.....