That's it, I'm done. Screw this, screw RUSH, screw the brokers

briremo

We have Sportsnet on tv right now (hockey game). Just before it started, there was a Ticketmaster commercial about the 2 Toronto Rush concerts announcing tickets going on sale. I don't get it. Do they think there won't be sell outs so they have to advertise? Spending $ advertising when it's not necessary means higher ticket prices. Advertising to hockey fans (mostly guys) means more competition for the tickets. All this is strictly my opinion. Good luck everyone.

I just saw 8th row center of stage for under $500! Greensboro NC.

I think i will still wait?

I liked your post solely for your signature image. two of my favorite things in one photo. Is the Ryan Tannehill's ass?

I have to assume you mean the Dolphins and that ass?

Not real sure why you would even kid abouth that being Ryans ass though? Or if a joke, I am not getting it.

so for twenty minutes I'm trying to get tickets to the Tampa show. shoot me in the head because I'm dying to pay $175 a seat but cant find anything.

Nothing but lower bowl, can;t even buy VIP seats. all gone...but wait!

They're available on StubHub already for $3,500. F***K You! :moon:

Only to fortify the photo in your sig... Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Marysville/Rush07Marysville080.jpg

• Like 1

so for twenty minutes I'm trying to get tickets to the Tampa show. shoot me in the head because I'm dying to pay $175 a seat but cant find anything.

I had success after about 15 minutes trying to get 2 VIP Gold for The Palace at Auburn Hills. Great seats, and reasonable price. My gripes with this tour are the pre-sale and cost of TicketMaster's "Official Platinum" seats. I'm totally a fan of the band getting their cut of more desirable tickets and have bought VIP and OP in the past. The OP seats are not being offered for The Palace show yet so I don't know how those will shake out but those that I've seen from other venues are priced so high they're silly, and the seat locations are really un-impressive. I've been in 3rd row on two past tours for $300 and $350... a fair price for a great seat. Now, I'm seeing $525 for 36 rows from the stage... I guess it's officially "on the floor" but these are nearly the very last row; on a flat floor that's quite an awful vantage point. There are also seats in the bowl that are 1/2 way back, near the floor but still 1/2 way back and these are $400+. The seats sold through the TicketsToday pre-sale were noticeably less desireable; no closer than 19th row for Denver and none in the first floor seating section for Detroit, at least that I could see. So, the band is getting their big send-off payday but it's killing my pocketbook and preventing me from seeing the additional shows that I'd otherwise travel to see. Oh well, two shows will have to suffice for this tour... Rock ON!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/IMG_2876_zps3890a588.jpg

Are there any "meet and greets" this tour? If so, what package do you have to buy?

There will be,

I am pretty sure you are picked at random.

Radio stations will give them away but for the most part you win them by filling out a form over on The Backstage Club for each show. You have to have a ticket to the show to enter though.

Are there any "meet and greets" this tour? If so, what package do you have to buy?

There will be,

Radio stations will give them away but for the most part you win them by filling out a form over on The Backstage Club for each show. You have to have a ticket to the show to enter though.

How does The Backstage Club determine who they pick?

There will be,

How does The Backstage Club determine who they pick?

Random selection, supposedly. You're only allowed to enter once for each show.

• Like 1

Thankfully bands like Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath are trying t make things better for their fans. I know each time I go for a ticket (fan pre-sale) to a Maiden show, pit tickets are first option. Now that is fan love! If they can do it, why can't this band? I can understand the OPs position.

Best way to deal with it is to have the masses refuse the product. Just don't buy until reform. Fans pay salaries - no fans - no $$$$$$$$$!

Edited by drgrendel
  • Like 1

I dont see the shows listed on the backstage club, will they appear closer to the show?

Following a phone call with VIP Nation in which the rep basically said every VIP gold package had been sold within the first second of the first VIP presale (with the password)...I had to cave and get the Silver. 13th row floor on Geddy's side...wayyy off to the side. I learned that was the case for just about every date that went through Ticketmaster (which apparently has solely to do with the certain venues being ticketmaster controlled). Needless to say, they really botched the entire thing this tour. But whatever...See y'all in New Orleans

Selling just about every ticket out of the gate isn't exactly a botched tour, from a seller's perspective.

BTW, I hecked Seattle yesterday and found rows 9 & 10, VIP. I wasn't going to shell out the $401.00 for them, though. I really believe if you're patient you'll get good setas at a good price. Early profiteering means they can afford to dump other tix at a loss close to showtime.

• Like 3

Following a phone call with VIP Nation in which the rep basically said every VIP gold package had been sold within the first second of the first VIP presale (with the password)...I had to cave and get the Silver. 13th row floor on Geddy's side...wayyy off to the side. I learned that was the case for just about every date that went through Ticketmaster (which apparently has solely to do with the certain venues being ticketmaster controlled). Needless to say, they really botched the entire thing this tour. But whatever...See y'all in New Orleans

Selling just about every ticket out of the gate isn't exactly a botched tour, from a seller's perspective.

BTW, I hecked Seattle yesterday and found rows 9 & 10, VIP. I wasn't going to shell out the $401.00 for them, though. I really believe if you're patient you'll get good setas at a good price. Early profiteering means they can afford to dump other tix at a loss close to showtime.

:goodone:

I'm completely disillusioned. UNable to get anything but upper tier tix for Tampa and I have been trying religiously. Ive never had such an awful ticket buying experience in my life. Never. Not even close/

After 35 years this may be the 2nd show I've missed.

Only to fortify the photo in your sig... Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Marysville/Rush07Marysville080.jpg

That is awesome!

I'm completely disillusioned. UNable to get anything but upper tier tix for Tampa and I have been trying religiously. Ive never had such an awful ticket buying experience in my life. Never. Not even close/

After 35 years this may be the 2nd show I've missed.

Except I told you exactly when their were 100 level tickets available sitting there the other day, but you wanted to wait and roll the dice.

• Like 1

NC show is going fast too! I just got seats in the 20th row in front of Geddy. Best I could do without waiting and possibly losing my chance.

$287 per ticket was not what i wanted to spend until my wife said get as good as you can and do not worry about the money.

Well, I still worried a little about money....

NC show is going fast too! I just got seats in the 20th row in front of Geddy. Best I could do without waiting and possibly losing my chance.

$287 per ticket was not what i wanted to spend until my wife said get as good as you can and do not worry about the money.

Well, I still worried a little about money....

Money well spent, this really does sound like their last tour....

• Like 1

Tampa

After not having luck in pre-sales citi, LN, BSC, I went in a mode of panic to SH and got got row 7 off of Ged's left for $340ea.. Tried all morning starting at 10 in general sale. Upper ring is all I was offered then TM froze me out. My wallet hurts, but happy with seats. Ramen noodle time. Fools and thieves are well disguised in the temple and marketplace. I am thinking SH and TM have there hands in each others' pockets.

• Like 1

I got floor seats for Tampa during last weeks pre-sale and 2 more during todays sale, roguhly 10 minutes after the sale started. If you were dilegent, the tickets were there. Got 2 floor seats for Gboro also. Edited by traeplien

traeplien, I was looking for three so it was a little different experience... ZERO luck the VIP presale, today at least at one point I had Row 22 floor @$140 bucks or whatever reserved, I went to continue the purchase with more than 10 seconds still left on the clock, Ticketmaster gave me an error and released the tickets...

But as I said we happily scored some for quasi-reasonable price at that broker site.

I guess my point is F**K Ticketmaster! The service is assholes, scalper city, the usability is beyond dreadful (I am in web UX as a career), they shove their effing reseller tickets down your throat, and even those goddamn captcha codes say blood pressure raising shiite such as "COOL PEOPLE RSVP TICKETS" and "TICKETMASTER RULES!".

FFS I need to have a drink. :)

• Like 1

Everyone is sitting on Geddy's side. All of the venues will be tilting.

I would sit in front of Alex. And if I was going, I shouldn't have a problem getting a seat in front of him since everyone else is sitting in front of Geddy or on Geddy's side. :LOL:

• Like 1