That's it, I'm done. Screw this, screw RUSH, screw the brokers

briremo

Tampa presale no longer listed the highest price level floor as an option as of ~11:50. Still no tickets coming up at any price level. I'm done with this presale shit. I"ll take a crack at the publix sale and, if necessary, wait to day-of for a desperate broker....
  • Like 1

I began trying for tickets for Columbus at 10 a.m. I still have not been able to get anything. I tried different number of seats in each section, and nothing!

I'm pissed, but hopeful the regular sale will go better.

I so wish we could still camp out overnight for tickets. So much easier! I've never been able to get closer than row 20 for Rush and was really wanting to this time so my 13 year old could get close to his new favorite band once. Oh well.

So it was you clogging up the system for Columbus keeping me from getting good seats. You're a bad man.

This is exponentially worse than the last couple of tours. Pre-sale and general sale, nothing. Prices in the stratosphere. TM keeps pushing resale tiks - there are nothing but crap seats being released. First tickets that come up at 10 am were in the back of the balcony, and not much better since.
  • Like 1

I began trying for tickets for Columbus at 10 a.m. I still have not been able to get anything. I tried different number of seats in each section, and nothing!

I'm pissed, but hopeful the regular sale will go better.

I so wish we could still camp out overnight for tickets. So much easier! I've never been able to get closer than row 20 for Rush and was really wanting to this time so my 13 year old could get close to his new favorite band once. Oh well.

As disheartening as it is, don't lose hope. This is just the presale. For all we know they barely gave tickets to the presale.

I have to believe this... it must be true... how else would i not have seen a single set of 3 or 4 tickets?!

I have a relative that works at TM that basically confirmed this for me today. She states most of these VIP presales, only a couple hundred tickets are actually available. Depending on size of venue and anticipated demand.

• Like 2

Tampa presale no longer listed the highest price level floor as an option as of ~11:50. Still no tickets coming up at any price level. I'm done with this presale shit. I"ll take a crack at the publix sale and, if necessary, wait to day-of for a desperate broker....

I know the feeling. If it helps, I got jack in the presales but today in the general for St. Paul after about 30 minutes of :rage: :fuckinputer: :rage: I finally got something good :D-13:

• Like 1

Ugh, the LA shows were, as expected, a tough presale. Sold out in minutes, as many have said, it's a total crapshoot, and yeah, I def think this tour is getting hyped up by the brokers as 'their last,' and worse yet, people are PAYING top dollar for the best seats. Resale tickets in the pit and front row orchestras listed at 2k are going before the general sale even comes up next week. Crazy. I keep thinking of all the Rush nerds now in their middle ages who have the dough to fork over that kinda rate just 'cause they think it's the last tour. I really don't think it's the last of Rush. Edited by Van Squalen

Neil really should have kept his mouth shut about this being the last tour "OF THIS MAGNITUDE"(notice the emphasis). He basically was fearmongering and making us believe, "HOLY SHIT R40 IS THE RUSH FAREWELL TOUR WE ALL GOTTA SEE THEM" Of course, StubHub thinks they can make a fortune off this shit, they buy a fuckton of tickets, and tries to sell them at least a third more than the original price. StubHub is basically forcing us to buy tickets off of them as opposed to the venue. How else can you explain how only the nosebleeds are left for MSG while on StubHub, you can buy front row seats?
  • Like 1

reminds me of..

"Bust the Busters

Screw the feeders

Make the Healers

Feel the Way I Feel."

I haven't dealt with Ticketmaster in years, I just get tix from scalpers. Wife wants to do a double date with a Rush fan at her work. Hope I get good Tix Feb 6.. It will be my 22nd R show since Nov 1977!! On the odd chance they're going to do Cygnus both books complete, I'm so totally looking forward to this show/tour.

• Like 1

Keep trying. I just scored row 12 on the public onsale in Atlanta. Just keep trying.

I couldn't get any tickets this morning, so I figured I'd try later today.

No dice.

I'm locked out.

I guess I hit refresh too many times or had too many windows open.

I'm blocked for 24 hours.

Ticketmaster screws a fan outta tickets.

I feel like people should blame StubHub more than Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster is just selling the available seats, StubHub essentially stole those seats and are right now selling them for a higher price.
  • Like 1

so after trying repeatedly all day, I login again and the various price levels that were avaibale arent even listed now and of course no tickets are available.

There's only one price level offered for the second Toronto show and there are none available. You would think they would release another price level in order to get more sold but I guess they can only do a certain amount for each presale. I'm a regular concert goer and i've never seen a presale done as bad as Rush's are. Oh well, i'll just wait until they go on sale to the public next week. At least then all the tickets will be available and I should get something.

I'm not upset to the level a lot of you are but the way the presales are done for this band is just pure shit.

• Like 1

I'm currently doing some investigating of my own. I tried to do VIP presale for the 5/22 show in NOLA, but all the VIP Gold's were gone and only a handful of Silver within about 1-2 seconds from the exact moment they went on sale. I got on twitter and complained to the VIP Nation account, letting them know how they've screwed over a ton of people who were willing to pay a large sum of money for seats that would turn out to be nonexistent. I got a reply stating that "More inventory would be added on Feb 3rd"...about an hour later they deleted the reply. Just sent an email to try and figure out if that explanation holds any water. Hopefully there were only a very small number of select seats available and there are still seats (possibly front row area) that won't be made available until closer to the public onsale....

I should stress that I've yet to get a solid confirmation on this, but frankly I'm too pissed to not want to see what exactly is going on.

In the end this will hurt the bands. If they prices keep going up nobody will go. I once thought that attending a Rush concert in USA or Canada would be awesome, but now I don't think so. The prices in Europe are much cheaper, and the distance from the stage is rewarded to those who come early to stand in line. Very fair I think.
  • Like 1

I'm currently doing some investigating of my own. I tried to do VIP presale for the 5/22 show in NOLA, but all the VIP Gold's were gone and only a handful of Silver within about 1-2 seconds from the exact moment they went on sale. I got on twitter and complained to the VIP Nation account, letting them know how they've screwed over a ton of people who were willing to pay a large sum of money for seats that would turn out to be nonexistent. I got a reply stating that "More inventory would be added on Feb 3rd"...about an hour later they deleted the reply. Just sent an email to try and figure out if that explanation holds any water. Hopefully there were only a very small number of select seats available and there are still seats (possibly front row area) that won't be made available until closer to the public onsale....

I should stress that I've yet to get a solid confirmation on this, but frankly I'm too pissed to not want to see what exactly is going on.

I hope the Live Nation person that posted that reply still has his/her job. What you were told is probably right, but they don't want people knowing that.

• Like 1

Its not the point. The point is one half a second into the "pre-sale" there are no tickets available. Why even do a pre-sale anymore if this is the outcome? Why not just put them all on sale at once, limit 4 per buyer and let everyone in. This broker crap is beyond ridiculous. I will never buy from a ticket broker again. ever.

Oh come on people, tickets always get released close to show date. The hardest part is having the big balls to sit and wait

• Like 1

Oh come on people, tickets always get released close to show date. The hardest part is having the big balls to sit and wait

Good point, or even the day of the show, believe it or not.

Agree I never get to uptight about these pre-sales. I try, but I have better luck waiting to closer to show time.

• Like 1

so for twenty minutes I'm trying to get tickets to the Tampa show. shoot me in the head because I'm dying to pay $175 a seat but cant find anything.

Nothing but lower bowl, can;t even buy VIP seats. all gone...but wait!

They're available on StubHub already for $3,500. F***K You! :moon:

Well I got in to the tickettoday site pretty quick, and acutally turned down ticks until I got what I wanted which is 1st level right behind the Soundboards. Its going to sound amazing and I'll get the full visual concept of the show without a crick in my neck.

:rush: :haz: :rush:

I could have gotten floor, 25th row, left of center at the Forum but passed, waiting for the public sale. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

The other somewhat interesting choice was 3rd row floor, but all the way to the right, next to the lower bowl. From the seating chart, this is well right of the stage. I didn't think I'd enjoy the viewing angle. I've grown accustomed to seeing them close to center stage at the Nokia and Gibson.