That's it, I'm done. Screw this, screw RUSH, screw the brokers

briremo

I am taking my son (and wife) to the Tampa show so lower bowl is my thing and I scored section 130 Row (Geddy side). We will go the Rays/A's game Friday night, hit Bush Gardens Saturday and then rock with Rush Sunday Night! So a huge Birthday gift for my boy this year. He deserves it.

Very very happy. Took me about 3 attemtps at 10AM and these came up...I would not let those go. They are equvilant to 8th 9th row on the floor. He will be able to see and hear it all. We had a horrible time in Sunrise on the second leg of CA. We had 14th row on the floor...all pumped up...kid stood on his seat (he is 9 going on 10 now) so he was the same height as me on the seat.....godamn ushers chased him down said hold him or he has to stand...I was freaking out. I ended up going to the first side section and offered my floor seats to a couple for their side seats....they took them. So I got lucky.

Philly....I am going to be in the first 10 rows no question...on the floor.

Looking forward to the tour. And like always...tickets are a crap shoot in pre-sales and general sales. I have been fortunate in al lthese face value pre-sales to land what are IMO high quality seats. If your going in trying to land first 10 rows...it's pure luck. If your going in to land excellent lower bowl or good solid floor seats (15th -30th row on the floor) if your persistent it works.

But Tampa has always had the reputation of being for at least the most difficult pre-sale along with NY and Vegas.

And buying brokered seats is an art form. Wait till the week of the show and then check the prices. You will be amazed at what you can broker from the broker. :drool:

Edited by Todem

KEEP TRYING! There must have been a slightly delayed release of some St. Paul tix, because after 20 minutes of zilch, I finally pulled the trigger on 116 row 13 just to get in the building, then kept going and BINGO 16th row floor :D-13: Dove back in to press my luck and a few more minutes hit 103 row 3 (closest bowl section to stage, Geddy side). Now I have to decide between 16th floor and 3rd up the side to keep. Nice problem to have :7up:

Edit: likely helped me that I was only looking for 1 ticket, sometimes I can slip between the cracks. 2 tickets is probably tougher.

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

seriously, I'm done.

Ive seen RUSH every tour but one over 35 years and am so pissed right now I cant even begin to describe it. $175 (incl fees) is ridiculous. I can afford VIP too, but some things just aren't worth it. Eff it

I understand exactly how you feel.

So weird ... I keep searching various venues and getting the "tickets not avaiolable at this time" message, two hours after they went onsale. That's never happened to me before. Usually enough folks have given up by then that you can at least pull crappy seats ...
  • Like 2

Brokers are out in force for these pre-sales...that;s just how it is. They know Rush is coming to the end.

But like I said.....let them choke on those prices...wait till the week of the show...then you can squeeze them...trust me.

• Like 3

I'm happy with the seats I got for the DC show (aisle, more room to rock), but buying tickets f***ing sucks for the most part now. I like what Maiden does with the paperless tickets for the front sections...you have to show the card you used to buy the tickets to get in. Helps let the fans get up close without being f*cked by the brokers or paying VIP prices.

Totally understand the frustrated/PO'd people (see my "LiveNation presale: Garbage" post from just yesterday :rage: ). I was about there myself today seeing not one $146 ticket for 20 minutes, after spending a fruitless hour yesterday with LiveNation, then today at one point that stupid circle thing sitting there spinning (or not) for 5+ minutes :rage: while I was too nervous to refresh or bail because I might "lose my place".

Um, sorry about being happy I finally scored? :huh:

had f%^& 10th row for St Louis and the site crashed..presale not VIP. after an hour and a half of trying i settled for Alex side section. I liked it ALOT better when rush used their own ticket presales not some BULLSHIT where you don't even need a password.

I'm glad you did. Last tour I scored front row seats from the fan presale with a new ticket showing. This year... jeez it's the polar opposite. What happened?

Montreal presale checking in.... I didn't get to see tickets that weren't nosebleed.

Why would they be selling nosebleeds at presale?

No idea, but they are.

Just tried for tickets for the ATL show again in the general sale. Now 2 1/2 hours after going on sale, and I am still getting this:

We were unable to process your request.

Try again later.

It cannot be completely sold out. Maybe they are trying to do too many on sale dates at the same time???

For the first 45 minutes after going on sale I kept trying continuously and only saw tickets ONCE (sec 103, toward the back of the venue).

• Like 1

Just tried for tickets for the ATL show again in the general sale. Now 2 1/2 hours after going on sale, and I am still getting this:

We were unable to process your request.

Try again later.

It cannot be completely sold out. Maybe they are trying to do too many on sale dates at the same time???

For the first 45 minutes after going on sale I kept trying continuously and only saw tickets ONCE (sec 103, toward the back of the venue).

try copying link, close browser, clear history, open again use link.

I agree 100%. The ticket business is one of the biggest criminal organizations on the planet.

It really is, it's f'n messed up.

I read years ago that companies, subsidiaries owned (essentially) by TM are able to buy the tix at the original price and then legally mark them up for resale.

Someone's mouth in that industry was stretched to a size 7 poopshoot in order to legalize ticket scalping way back when.

For some insight on that reference ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bl6z03A5zRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like 2

I just jumped on the Vancouver pre-sale, first time I tried it came up with 5th row tickets. After I'd picked myself up off the floor I hit 'continue'.

And it came up with the message: 'You have reached this page because you hit the 'back' button on your browser'.

No I didn't!!!!

And the tickets, of course, were gone.

I just jumped on the Vancouver pre-sale, first time I tried it came up with 5th row tickets. After I'd picked myself up off the floor I hit 'continue'.

And it came up with the message: 'You have reached this page because you hit the 'back' button on your browser'.

No I didn't!!!!

And the tickets, of course, were gone.

I had the same problem in St. Louis..i feel your pain.

I began trying for tickets for Columbus at 10 a.m. I still have not been able to get anything. I tried different number of seats in each section, and nothing!

I'm pissed, but hopeful the regular sale will go better.

I so wish we could still camp out overnight for tickets. So much easier! I've never been able to get closer than row 20 for Rush and was really wanting to this time so my 13 year old could get close to his new favorite band once. Oh well.

I began trying for tickets for Columbus at 10 a.m. I still have not been able to get anything. I tried different number of seats in each section, and nothing!

I'm pissed, but hopeful the regular sale will go better.

I so wish we could still camp out overnight for tickets. So much easier! I've never been able to get closer than row 20 for Rush and was really wanting to this time so my 13 year old could get close to his new favorite band once. Oh well.

As disheartening as it is, don't lose hope. This is just the presale. For all we know they barely gave tickets to the presale.

I have to believe this... it must be true... how else would i not have seen a single set of 3 or 4 tickets?!

Edited by USB Connector