Stubhub selling tickets for Greensboro, etc., before the presale.

Aikenrooster

How can they be selling tickets that aren't even available, yet? I'm looking at it right now:

THU

MAY

Tickets

7:30 p.m.
EDT at

|

Set Price Alert

Go with friends

Share:

Add to wishlist

Select your filters

$

$

Quantity

All12345

Zones

Seat features

Delivery methods

Where do you want to sit? Play around with the map to see what is available

1 section(s) selected |

46 tickets available

[
]

blueprint.js - Copyright © 2009 - 2013 StubHub, Inc. All rights reserved.

Floor B

46 tickets available, from $549.00 per ticket

View seating guide

http://www.stubhub.com/promotions/scratch/lt/mlb_pricing_event_2013_310.png

tickets available

All prices in USD and set by sellers

Compare

Sort:Price: Low to highPrice: High to lowSections: AscendingSections: DescendingRows: AscendingRows: Descending

Floor B

Row 32| Qty2

UPS

$549.00

Floor B

Row 35| Qty2-4

UPS

$600.33

Floor B

Row 30| Qty2-4

UPS

$700.51

Floor B

Row 23| Qty2-4

UPS

$701.75

Floor B

Row 19| Qty2-4

UPS

$736.63

Floor B

Row 19| Qty2

UPS

$789.00

Floor B

Row 24| Qty2-4

UPS

$800.69

Floor B

Row 20| Qty2-4

UPS

$850.78

Floor B

Row 14| Qty2

UPS

$888.53

Floor B

Row 14| Qty2

UPS

$895.00

Floor B

Row 15| Qty2

UPS

$1,001.06

Floor B

Row 10| Qty2

UPS

$1,301.60

Floor B

Row 9| Qty2

UPS

$1,354.36

Floor B

Row 6| Qty2

UPS

$1,691.92

Floor B

Row 3| Qty2

UPS

$1,995.00

Floor B

Row 4| Qty2

UPS

$2,254.52

Floor B

Row 1| Qty2

UPS

$3,175.00

These are likely sourced from season ticket holders for the facility. While they may not have the actual tickets in hand, they are entitled to concert tickets as part of their annual membership. Remember that StubHub does not sell tickets...they only facilitate the selling of tickets. These are from people who already know they will get them. I'm not an advocate for this practice nor for StubHub, but of all the resell sites out there, I've never had any issues with them. These prices will come down...especially when the sellers can't get their prices.
  • Like 2

These are likely sourced from season ticket holders for the facility. While they may not have the actual tickets in hand, they are entitled to concert tickets as part of their annual membership. Remember that StubHub does not sell tickets...they only facilitate the selling of tickets. These are from people who already know they will get them. I'm not an advocate for this practice nor for StubHub, but of all the resell sites out there, I've never had any issues with them. These prices will come down...especially when the sellers can't get their prices.

I did not know that.

They had that for the Tampa show as well. I think those are season ticket holders for the venue that are not going to RUSH and allow Brokers to sell their tickets. That's the only way that these brokers can know the actual location of these seats.
  • Like 1

A vast majority of people do not realize that this is a possibility. It sucks and I'd still like to know how this works. I really like to see an in depth step by step.

For example if I have specific seat as a hockey season ticket holder and Mr. smith has the same exact seat as a basketball season ticket holder, how does it work for concerts? Does he get priority over the seat or do I? Do we alternate shows? I'm curious how this works.

Edited by dtpoet

A vast majority of people do not realize that this is a possibility. It sucks and I'd still like to know how this works. I really like to see an in depth step by step.

For example if I have specific seat as a hockey season ticket holder and Mr. smith has the same exact seat as a basketball season ticket holder, how does it work for concerts? Does he get priority over the seat or do I? Do we alternate shows? I'm curious how this works.

Greensboro usually only hosts NCAA basketball tourney games, and I don't think any major university or professional team plays at the coliseum. It must be people who own season tickets for the coliseum for ANY event that occurs during the course of a given time frame.

I have an acquaintance who is one of the biggest brokers in NY. I once asked him about this and his response was " we will ALWAYS get seat listings before they are available. Sometimes it is from the venue or artist and sometimes it is from the people who hold memberships. Either way, we ALWAYS get the seats ahead of time"

I have an acquaintance who is one of the biggest brokers in NY. I once asked him about this and his response was " we will ALWAYS get seat listings before they are available. Sometimes it is from the venue or artist and sometimes it is from the people who hold memberships. Either way, we ALWAYS get the seats ahead of time"

Right, it's a corrupt industry. The fans are the last people considered.