"An Evening With Rush" ? ? ?

GotRush

Does anyone know for sure if this is gonna be the 2 part show like previous tours ?

I know last tour they said no more 3 hrs shows.....

Haven't really seen this directly address or verified

Are we gonna have an "opening" act this tour ?

:|

** BUMP **

Since the language used in the press release use's word like Magnitude & Full production,

I conclude it's gonna be the 3hr, 2 part, no opener they have been doing for last 20 yrs......... :notworthy:

Prove me wrong :huh:

** BUMP **

Since the language used in the press release use's word like Magnitude & Full production,

I conclude it's gonna be the 3hr, 2 part, no opener they have been doing for last 20 yrs......... :notworthy:

Prove me wrong :huh:

There are very few bands that I would like to see open for them (or that deserve to do so). And if they do they should be a warm up band that's onstage an hour before the time on the ticket. They only get 2 songs too.

Haha, no, there ain't gonna be an opener. They'll start at 8, finish by 11 with a 20 min intermission. As usual.

Personally, I think they'd be doing themselves a favor by adjusting the set to one 25 song 2 hour dealio, so they don't get so burnt out. We old guys now. :)

Edited by Van Squalen

Haha, no, there ain't gonna be an opener. They'll start at 8, finish by 11 with a 20 min intermission. As usual.

I heard New World Men was the opening act, the set list is Closer to the Heart, Fly By Night, Passage to Bangkok and Tom Sawyer. ;)

Edited by JohnRogers

I heard New World Men was the opening act, the set list is Closer to the Heart, Fly By Night, Passage to Bangkok and Tom Sawyer.

Surely you are fibbing. Geddy could never sing FBN today.

I heard New World Men was the opening act, the set list is Closer to the Heart, Fly By Night, Passage to Bangkok and Tom Sawyer.

That is the opening act's set list, New World Men.

;)

Edited by JohnRogers

Can they bring back Fastway from the 'Grace Under Pressure' Tour?? What a booking mess that was.

The way they are marketing it as "the last time anything of this magnitude" will be done...I'd wager that this is an evening with kind of deal....

Now reading into some of what Neil said in his interview...Before that I WAS thinking that MAYBE they would sometime come back, and do a show with an opening act like the old daze, but AFTER the interview...it almost sounds like this is the one shot deal goodbye tour get yer tickets now !

I saw promotional banners for the tour at the United Center the other day that said "An Evening with Rush". So I doubt there will be an opener.

There's no opening act. They would've have made mention of it during the tour announcement. Even if they didn't know who the opener would be yet, they would have said something like "plus special guests, TBA" on the website or when you bought your tickets. Rush can never go back to having an opener anyways. They've established the evening with format too well since they started doing it almost 20 years ago. It's what the fans have come to expect from them and quite frankly, Rush with an opening act at this point would just seem odd and out of place. Edited by J2112YYZ

I think FBN would be one of the easier tunes for Geddy to sing now. Just downtune it a bit and the song would still sound fine with Geddy singing it in his regular voice.

I think FBN would be one of the easier tunes for Geddy to sing now. Just downtune it a bit and the song would still sound fine with Geddy singing it in his regular voice.

I doubt we'll ever hear that song live again. They dropped it a LONG time ago. It's not as easy to sing as you might think. It's higher than it really sounds because it used to be in his normal range.

It's kind of a shame that the whole "Evening with Rush" format didn't start until 1996, when they were in their 40s already.

I look at this the other way, We have had 19 yrs of Mega 2 part shows of Pure Rush ! No Band Does This Tour after Tour after Tour ! ! !

The only other group I saw do this was Journey in about 2005,

They even called it "An Evening with Journey"

Played first 90 minutes of mostly Pre- Steve Perry era journey

Then 90 more of Steve Perry era sung by a replacement Steve Perry

OMG ! ! WHOLE PLACE WENT INTO OVERLOAD WHEN Separate Ways started about 1/2 way thru the 2nd set

(One of those rare concert moments where "Time Stands Still" just Electric! Getting goose-y just thinking about it now.....)

They also gave their NEW CD to everyone in attendance, FREE