70's songs that will appear on this tour

The Analog Cub

The Trees, with Broon's Bane preceding it? I think it's possible.

Cygnus X-1, yes, I would totally lose it! But I can't say that I think it's likely to happen.

Would love to see Xanadu again. And Cinderella man would be fantastic. So would La Villa Strangiato. And Madrigal would make a great first encore, wouldn't it? They could do that and then something rockin' to close the show.

Anything from the B side of 2112 I think is unlikely, except maybe for Passage to Bangkok.

• Like 1

I've decided that I really, really want La Villa Strangiato to be played. I listened to it this morning, and...hot damn! Yes, please.

I know it was just done on the Time Machine tour, but I didn't see them then. I don't think I've been to a show where it was played since my first Rush show, in 1990.

As much as I know they won't do it because it wasn't a big song, I really would like them to pull out "Here Again." I could imagine Geddy playing a stripped down version of the song, it would be sooooo good...

But reallistically we're looking at this list to choose from:

Songs in Full:

2112 (O/T/GF)

CTTH

La Villa

Working Man

The Trees

Partials:

Xanadu (R30)

By Tor (R30)

Instrumedely Integrated:

Finding My Way

What You're Doing

In The Mood

Anthem

Fly By Night

Beneath, Between, & Behind

Bastille Day

I Think I'm Going Bald (I wouldn't be surprised if the guys tack on a 5 second teaser given their sense of humor)

A Passage To Bangkok

Something For Nothing

Cygnus-X1

Hemispheres

I wouldn't be too worried about it... Its a stripped down, bare bones tour... The guys will take care of us die hards, trust em'. They've been doing this for a little while now ;)

I have a feeling Beneath, Between, Behind will make an appearance in some form since I think it was the first song they wrote together.

OMG - that would kick ass!

Yes, it would!

I've always thought that song has a groove to it (during the verses) that is about the closest that they ever came to funk music. It is just...dy-no-mite!

Edit- the opening instrumental section of Cygnus X-1 comes pretty close, too.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

I have a feeling Beneath, Between, Behind will make an appearance in some form since I think it was the first song they wrote together.

OMG - that would kick ass!

Yes, it would!

I've always thought that song has a groove to it (during the verses) that is about the closest that they ever came to funk music. It is just...dy-no-mite!

Edit- the opening instrumental section of Cygnus X-1 comes pretty close, too.

Or the solo section to Cinderella Man
  • Like 1