70's songs that will appear on this tour

The Analog Cub

I've heard a rumor they might play another entire album like they did with Moving Pictures. While I'd like Permanent Waves, maybe all of 2112? Lessons and Tears need to make their live debut!

I just hope they skip Working Man to make room for another 70s song.

Many of the options here are great, but I'd love to see a nod to either FoL or The Necromancer...just a short instrumental section would make me delirious.

I would prefer rarely played live songs over ones that used to be in heavy rotation but are not. I may enjoy the latter more in concert, but I have so many versions of those on CD, I'd rather capture something not put on a live album before.

• Like 4

I predict:

La Villa Strangiato

Xanadu

Working Man

The Spirit of Radio

Maybe, MAYBE The Trees and/or Natural Science

(Yes, PeW is a '70s album!)

• Like 2

Fly By Night, Lakeside Park, Overture/Temples/Grand Finale, A Passage To Bangkok, Xanadu, Cinderella Man and La Villa.

I know they're not big fans of FBN but come on, it's their 40th anniversary tour, they need to dust off one of their most well known songs. How the hell has Lakeside Park not been played in like 30 years?

Man,

If I get to go and they play Lakeside Park I will freak out!! :codger: :haz: :7up: :rush:

Many of the options here are great, but I'd love to see a nod to either FoL or The Necromancer...just a short instrumental section would make me delirious.

I would prefer rarely played live songs over ones that used to be in heavy rotation but are not. I may enjoy the latter more in concert, but I have so many versions of those on CD, I'd rather capture something not put on a live album before.

Swapping out Working Man for Fountain of Lamneth would be insanely cool.

Since there are a LOT of people on here that enjoy the 70's more than any other Rush decade (hell, some people on here probably ONLY like the 70's), let's have a little fun. Last tour they went Power Windows happy. While I enjoyed the hell out of that because I love Power Windows, I'm sure they'd be a little more keen on pulling out some other, perhaps older stuff, considering the only tune from the 70's that was played was (go figure) 2112.

What 70's songs do you think they'll play this tour?

Permanent Waves does not count, before anybody tries it.

Xanadu

Xanadu

Xanadu and the Snowgog

X21ndu12.

Swapping out Working Man for Fountain of Lamneth would be insanely cool.

Swapping out a Classic for one no one likes, not even RUSH???

Cool?

I don't really know but I'm hoping for:

Xanadu

La Villa Strangiatto

Hemispheres (Prelude)

The Trees

But We'll probably just get an Instrumedley:

(Working Man, Fly By Night, The Necromancer, a Passage to Bangkok, Cygnus X-1, Hemispheres (prelude), Freewill)

• Like 1

I think we are going to be surprised by quite a few of the selections this go around. Just a gut feeling. It's the last tour of this magnitude. I think they will consider powering through songs they've passed over before. I also wouldn't be surprised if some 70's songs get split into an A list / B list sort of thing say The Trees with Closer To The Heart
  • Like 1

Anthem

Working Man

Xanadu

Cygnus X-1 and/or Book 2 Prelude

Bastille Day

I find it hard to believe they will pull out some deep stuff from the 70's, we will be lucky to get 1 song from Caress of Steel

I'm sure they'll put an instrumental medley in the setlist somewhere. It's a great way for fans to hear old stuff without Geddy having to sing the high notes. I'm not a fan of medley's generally, but I think Rush's music works great in that format. They did one on R30, so I'm sure they'll do it for R40.
  • Like 1

Maybe they'll do one featuring songs from Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, and Hold Your Fire.

Some of these choices may have Donovan ordering Ludens by the case load for Ged! An acoustic low key version of In The End might work for Bubba's break. How about all-instrumental versions of Fountain or Beneath, Between and Behind wrapped around the drum solo somehow?
  • Like 2

I wouldn't be shocked if a lot of that is relegated to a new overture since I'm sure Geddy still isn't able to hit a lot of those high notes without some serious down-tuning.

I would guess (mildly off topic...ish) that with one of the major bonuses of the R40 set being the 1997 show, there might be a focus on 90's music that never got much play after the T4E tour. Just my guess. (Personally hoping for Limbo)

I am hoping for some 70's surprises though. The Necromancer would be AWESOME but... Hahaha, yeah right. By-Tor maybe?

• Like 1