70's songs that will appear on this tour

The Analog Cub

Since there are a LOT of people on here that enjoy the 70's more than any other Rush decade (hell, some people on here probably ONLY like the 70's), let's have a little fun. Last tour they went Power Windows happy. While I enjoyed the hell out of that because I love Power Windows, I'm sure they'd be a little more keen on pulling out some other, perhaps older stuff, considering the only tune from the 70's that was played was (go figure) 2112.

What 70's songs do you think they'll play this tour?

Permanent Waves does not count, before anybody tries it.

Songs I think they'll definitely play:

2112 (any part of it)

La Villa Strangiato

Working Man

Other songs I think have a good chance of being pulled out:

The Trees

Instrumental versions of Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres

Xanadu

By-Tor

Closer To The Heart (please no)

Fly By Night, Lakeside Park, Overture/Temples/Grand Finale, A Passage To Bangkok, Xanadu, Cinderella Man and La Villa.

I know they're not big fans of FBN but come on, it's their 40th anniversary tour, they need to dust off one of their most well known songs. How the hell has Lakeside Park not been played in like 30 years?

• Like 3

Working Man

The Trees

La Villa Strangiato

By Tor & The Snow Dog

And some sort of Medley

Fly By Night, Lakeside Park, Overture/Temples/Grand Finale, A Passage To Bangkok, Xanadu, Cinderella Man and La Villa.

I know they're not big fans of FBN but come on, it's their 40th anniversary tour, they need to dust off one of their most well known songs. How the hell has Lakeside Park not been played in like 30 years?

I read an interview somewhere from Geddy saying he hates the song.

I can't blame him. Always thought that one was pretty lame, too.

I hate to say this, but looking at the last 3 or 4 tours, I dont see them playing more than 1 or 2 70s songs, not counting a medley

Probably Closer to the Heart and 2112 Overture/Priests

I want some 2112 and A Farewell To Kings tricks. Maybe all of 2112 like on the T4E tour. Edited by Super25Smasher

Songs I think they'll definitely play:

2112 (any part of it)

La Villa Strangiato

Working Man

Other songs I think have a good chance of being pulled out:

The Trees

Instrumental versions of Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres

Xanadu

By-Tor

Closer To The Heart (please no)

Would love to see them OPEN with 2112/Temples like the did back in the day.

Agree on By-Tor... its time... and want to see it segued into a FULL version of Xanadu.

Some instrumental Hemi sounds right as well...

• Like 1

I would be shocked if they DIDN'T play the entire Xanadu. There aren't many Rush fans who don't love the song, and they haven't played it in awhile.

I would love for them to play at least the musical Hemispheres prelude. Also In The End, but I doubt they will do that song.

La Villa is a shoe-in.

Working Man prob.

Other than that, not much.

I'm a believer that we don't need for Geddy to try to strain to make the vocals happen on many of the '70s songs. That being said, though, I would love to see Cinderella Man or Xanadu or any and/or all of both books of Cygnus. But the instrumental medley (or perhaps two of them, even?) would be just fine, too.

I had no idea FBN was so unappreciated. I really dig that song, what does that say aboot me?

Don't take it personally. It's just one of their 'pop' tunes that get overplayed on AOR. Even Ged said it was too pop for them to play, so don't expect it. Too high for him to sing it as well. It's probably the same situation as Closer to the Heart, where they've said they're sick of it since it's been beat into the ground. :beathorse:

The time would be used better for deeper cuts.