Better Call Saul

workingcinderellaman

Dang! I missed Saul last night...

Besides Rhea Seahorn's great performance you didn't miss anything.

disagree. the shit that went down with Nacho was intense

It was.

But is it really that relevant to the Saul story? Maybe it leads to that but right now I don't see the connection. I'm watching for the evolution of Jimmy/Saul not that interested in anything else.

They are all intertwined (Saul, Mike, Gus, Nacho, etc.) How are we suppose to know what's going on with Mike if they are not showing us what the people that he is dealing with are doing?. You seem to want it to be more of a one dimensional show.

I don't want it to be one dimensional but I started running out of patience with the show last season. I didn't think we would be in season four and still not have Jimmy's transformation into Saul complete by now. It didn't take Walt too long to break bad. Why the hell have we had to wait so long for Saul? I just don't think following the walking dead format of extremely slow burn was the best way to go with it.

You seem upset because it is not telling the story that you want told. I have a feeling that maybe we won't get to see him become Saul until the series finale.

It was.

But is it really that relevant to the Saul story? Maybe it leads to that but right now I don't see the connection. I'm watching for the evolution of Jimmy/Saul not that interested in anything else.

They are all intertwined (Saul, Mike, Gus, Nacho, etc.) How are we suppose to know what's going on with Mike if they are not showing us what the people that he is dealing with are doing?. You seem to want it to be more of a one dimensional show.

I don't want it to be one dimensional but I started running out of patience with the show last season. I didn't think we would be in season four and still not have Jimmy's transformation into Saul complete by now. It didn't take Walt too long to break bad. Why the hell have we had to wait so long for Saul? I just don't think following the walking dead format of extremely slow burn was the best way to go with it.

You seem upset because it is not telling the story that you want told.

reminds me of some Star Wars fans

It was.

You seem upset because it is not telling the story that you want told.

reminds me of some Star Wars fans

I can see the cold-molasses pace getting old, especially if you're not into the side characters.

It was.

You seem upset because it is not telling the story that you want told. I have a feeling that maybe we won't get to see him become Saul until the series finale.

Well of course that's why I'm not enjoying it as much. The same with you or anyone else when they don't enjoy a movie, tv show or song/album from a band you like. You're not getting what you want out of it. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a couple of seasons with him as Saul. I mean we better call him, right? It's in the title.

I like Mike and including Gus is fine as well. I just think there's too much focus on all the drug stuff. I just tune out during most of those scenes. Got enough of that in Breaking Bad. Showing some of the drug stuff is fine but I don't think it should have taken up so much of the shows time.

You're probably right about not getting Saul until the series finale though.

I like Mike and including Gus is fine as well. I just think there's too much focus on all the drug stuff. I just tune out during most of those scenes. Got enough of that in Breaking Bad. Showing some of the drug stuff is fine but I don't think it should have taken up so much of the shows time.

I agree with this. That story has been told, for the most part.
  • Like 1

I was very critical of this season for the first three episodes but it has picked up since then. Really liked these last four episodes.

I really liked a few of the bait and switches they pulled on us this week.

like how we thought Kim would be mad, but now she wants to scam with Jimmy or how we thought Kai was going to be the fuckup, but it was the chief engineer who screwed up [spoiler/]

I really would like to see Mike and Jimmy's stories converge a bit more. They are basically two separate shows now.

• Like 1

When is it coming back? Loved how the last season ended.

I still haven't seen all of Four. Waiting for netflix to roll it out.

Me too. I cut the cable so I can't watch 4 until 5 starts.

Get yourself a fire TV stick and there are a bunch of apps that you can install on it to watch anything you want, even most of the U.S. live TV channels. The Fire TV Stick is the best value for your money. If anyone wants more info PM me.

I think Season 5 (if I read correctly the final season will be split like Breaking Bad was) airs in February next year. Although this might just be on UK Netflix. A million plot points to resolve and as always with Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, whenever I try to anticipate what will happen next I`m waaaay off. Hope Kim survives though and that incapacitated Hector can still cause some more trouble.
  • Like 1

I think Season 5 (if I read correctly the final season will be split like Breaking Bad was) airs in February next year. Although this might just be on UK Netflix. A million plot points to resolve and as always with Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould, whenever I try to anticipate what will happen next I`m waaaay off. Hope Kim survives though and that incapacitated Hector can still cause some more trouble.

I don't know about that anymore, I actually saw a few of the things in the Breaking Bad movie coming. I was a little disappointed that I was right because I was never really right before when I anticipated things in Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul.
  • Like 1