Better Call Saul

workingcinderellaman

Howard will kick Chuck out of H&H for being mentally incompetent.

That look Howard gave him was like u are off your rocker....

That will push Chuck over the edge and may make an unusually Jimmy/Kim and Chuck alliance vs. Howard

The Mike and the transmitter story was a little long in the tooth....did not need 30 minutes of Mike playing mechanic.

WE GET IT.................He tore apart the car

You may have missed the point of Mike doing that. It was to show how genius it was that someone hid a tracking device in the gas cap of the car. He had to tear the car apart in order to figure it out.

And how smart he is to figure out how to find out who exactly is tracking him. I bet Mike Ehrmantraut was a great chess player.

Chuck McGill is one of the most conflicting characters I've ever watched. It feels like every other week, I've got a different opinion of him. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should've been taking him more at face value all along and that, for his flaws, he really is trying to do the right things. It's certainly the impression I got from this episode. As the tables keep turning, Jimmy offering mercy to Chuck with Chuck then throwing it in his face, and now Chuck offering mercy to Jimmy (maybe?) with Jimmy ready to throw it in his face; I'm realizing how similar the McGill brothers really are.
  • Like 1

Chuck McGill is one of the most conflicting characters I've ever watched. It feels like every other week, I've got a different opinion of him. I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should've been taking him more at face value all along and that, for his flaws, he really is trying to do the right things. It's certainly the impression I got from this episode. As the tables keep turning, Jimmy offering mercy to Chuck with Chuck then throwing it in his face, and now Chuck offering mercy to Jimmy (maybe?) with Jimmy ready to throw it in his face; I'm realizing how similar the McGill brothers really are.

Chuck is more of a sociopath than Jimmy. It's what is breaking Jimmy since Jimmy has more of a conscience.

• Like 1

We finally got in this episode what will lead to Jimmy changing his name. I wish he changed to Saul sooner but with how everything is playing out, I think it may have felt a little bit rushed if they did it faster. It didn't take Walt this long to break bad though.

Really liked the newest episode. Completely made up for last week's being such a bore during the first half.

Glad to see that happen with Chuck. As the show progresses I like him less and my liking of Jimmy and Kim keeps growing.

I just damn love this show so much...especially the way that it looks: the color saturation, the cinematography, the way they block scenes...it's just a beautiful show to look at. That plus all of these actors are just crushing it playing characters that follow natural consequences to their actions and not automatons that are used to push the plot forward.

To me, this show is as finely crafted as television can be and I find it endlessly entertaining.

And last night's episode: Michael McKeon was a monster and totally deserves an Emmy for his role and last night's "Caine Mutiny" ending...brilliant work.

• Like 4

Oh and I am not that big a fan of blonde women but I think I am in love with Rhea Seehorn.

yeah man, never heard of her before this show and she is an amazing actor...last season there was a scene where she had a job interview (or something) and she went out to the roof of a parking garage...here: http://68.media.tumblr.com/4e45b40c92ad89654a96ba6ee4bb7fe4/tumblr_o4tw0su9oT1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg

this scene is an example of the great cinematography of this show...and Rhea f***ing owned this scene.

• Like 2

I've seen Rhea Seehorn around in stuff before since I did recognise her when the show started. But I couldn't remember where. The same with Jonathan Banks. When he showed up on Breaking Bad, I knew that I saw him in stuff but couldn't name anything specific at first. That's how it goes with some actors though. You see them in random roles and don't think about it too much until they get a regular role in something and then you're off to wikipedia and IMDB to find out what the hell you've seen them in.

Rhea is actually a lot more beautiful then they allow her to show on Saul. Look up some pics of her, she is really a nice looking lady.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

The Kim Wexler character is so intriguing to me as well. She is hardworking and smart yet she remains loyal to Jimmie who she has to know crosses the line frequently. Clearly she has feelings for him that run deep.

I can't help but think that eventually Jimmy's antics are going to come down hard on Kim and the tragedy of it will be soul crushing to this viewer.

• Like 2

The Kim Wexler character is so intriguing to me as well. She is hardworking and smart yet she remains loyal to Jimmie who she has to know crosses the line frequently. Clearly she has feelings for him that run deep.

I can't help but think that eventually Jimmy's antics are going to come down hard on Kim and the tragedy of it will be soul crushing to this viewer.

There will be fallout for Kim's dedication to Jimmy...there is always consequences to your actions in the Villigang universe and now that she's "broke bad" by living with the Mesa Verde account even though Jimmy did cheat HHM out of it...and even if she's an amazing attorney she still cheated (or at the very least is guilty of a sin of omission) therefore I fully expect a reckoning for Kim even if it's just losing the account and having to join another firm or leave New Mexico and move back to Kansas City (note the Kansas City Royals lunchbox Gene carries around in his Nebraska exile at Cinnabon). Something bad will happen to Kim I think but then again we never knew Saul outside his office in Breaking Bad...perhaps she's working at home waiting for Saul to come home each day?

I've seen Rhea Seehorn around in stuff before since I did recognise her when the show started. But I couldn't remember where. The same with Jonathan Banks. When he showed up on Breaking Bad, I knew that I saw him in stuff but couldn't name anything specific at first. That's how it goes with some actors though. You see them in random roles and don't think about it too much until they get a regular role in something and then you're off to wikipedia and IMDB to find out what the hell you've seen them in.

Rhea is actually a lot more beautiful then they allow her to show on Saul. Look up some pics of her, she is really a nice looking lady.

When I saw Banks on BB, I immediately thought 'hey that's the dude from Beverly Hills Cop".

http://i.imgur.com/JSlLAyv.jpg

• Like 2

And Saul is born.

The only significant thing in a filler episode. A bad Better Call Saul episode is still better than the majority of current so-call television shows.

After last weeks climax to the Jimmy/Chuck issues I figured we would get a slower episode that would begin to move the chess pieces in place for the run to the season finale. Excellent episode for what it was but Rebecca asking Jimmy to help with Chuck was absurd.

Btw...watching the Breaking Bad universe evolve in front of our eyes is damn cool. Cameos galore.

• Like 2