Better Call Saul

workingcinderellaman

For a television show, Breaking Bad was perfectly conceived and executed.

Until otherwise, I wholeheartedly trust Vince Gilligan will do the same with Better Call Saul.

I agree and that's why I'm so excited to see it. Saul Goodman was my favorite character on Breaking Bad.

BzVuBsYIUAA55YO.jpg

http://realmofnerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dont-drink-and-drive-saul-goodman-575x575.jpg

4964dd8e0af7ba0d8cc65d3cfc5c7540.jpg

I'm not expecting it to be nearly as amazing as Breaking Bad, but I still expect it to be rather good and I look forward to seeing it. It has the same writers, directors, and the majority of the production crew from Breaking Bad so I'm still excited.

Rumour has it that there will be cameos from the cast of BB. Aside from Saul of couse. From what I've heard, the story in Better Call Saul happens a few years before the BB events, and it will have a lighter approach than the story of Waltee White.

I'm not expecting Breaking Bad levels of awesomeness here but I think this will be a very good show. I just hope viewers don't think it will be another Breaking Bad and give the show a chance when it doesn't turn out that way.
  • Like 2

You have to give it a chance, even if the first season disappoints on some levels.

Look at Star Trek: The Next Generation. It took three seasons to become its own show.

Anyway, I have faith in Vince Gilligan. I really don't think he would undertake Better Call Saul without being confident it can stand on its own.

• Like 2

Even Breaking Bad took time to get used to. The first season is a bit slow, and only on the second half you´re dragged into the story.

I loved the premise of Breaking Bad from the very start. My point is the Breaking Bad universe is already defined and fans of the show have their own expectations, prejudices and standards set before watching an episode of Better Call Saul.

Even Breaking Bad took time to get used to. The first season is a bit slow, and only on the second half you´re dragged into the story.

:goodone:

If it wasn't for Netflix I would have probably never watched the whole series. I didn't care much for the first season.

I really liked the first two episodes and I like the way they're incorporating characters from BB into it.

When I saw Tuco I knew those two skaters were toast. I loved it when Jimmy McGill became their lawyer and got their death sentence reduced. Great writing.

:)

So far I'm not disappointed at all.

Edited by workingcinderellaman

Man...I REALLY need to get Netflix. It´s available in Brazil already, but there´s this old DVD rental place in my neighborhood, and I have this weird fetish of going over there to select which movie to rent, just like old times. But it´s about time I do something about it!!!

Man...I REALLY need to get Netflix. It´s available in Brazil already, but there´s this old DVD rental place in my neighborhood, and I have this weird fetish of going over there to select which movie to rent, just like old times. But it´s about time I do something about it!!!

This show is available on netflix already?

If it wasn't for Netflix I would have probably never watched the whole series. I didn't care much for the first season.

Seriously?

The first season of Breaking Bad was my favorite.

Seriously?

The first season of Breaking Bad was my favorite.

I think I liked the last.