Update

gangsterfurious

Gangster, I have to ask: Was your husband surprised and did he wonder what he ever did that brought you to that point?

The horrible and sad yet somewhat amusing thing is that because we did chose to keep things so private, because we did still live together, and because sometimes we still went out together without letting people know what was going on, I lost a lot of friends because they all assumed things that were false. Even my ex regrets not telling people that we were having problems because of the backlash we faced, which was rather shocking to be honest. People had NO IDEA what was going on for nearly a year and thought I had left my ex for my new partner, which was so untrue. As of last week I even had somebody that I thought was a mutual friend of my partner and I, try to talk him out of getting married to me because of what they thought they knew about me.

So yes, he knew for sure.

Hiding things is never good. Friends would always wonder why you were lying to them by not telling them the truth.

We weren't lying, we just weren't announcing anything.

I'm confused.

You and this person were already having an affair while you were still married? That is what it sounds like your post is saying and I just want to make sure that IS what you are saying.

No affair, not at all. It just looked that way to some people because my ex and I were so private about things for the most part. But like I said, we still lived in the same apartment and made an appearance here or there, so it looked strange to some people.

I'm confused.

You and this person were already having an affair while you were still married? That is what it sounds like your post is saying and I just want to make sure that IS what you are saying.

No affair, not at all. It just looked that way to some people because my ex and I were so private about things for the most part. But like I said, we still lived in the same apartment and made an appearance here or there, so it looked strange to some people.

welp.... to be honest it's nobody's business what you choose to do with you life. and you have no control over how others choose to feel or judge your life.

I live in Michigan too! What part of the Mitten are ya'll residing? i'm at a kind of half way point between Detroit & Ann Arbor. :) hope to maybe meet you at the show this year?

• Like 2

I saw this thread for the first time today but wanted to say welcome back! And I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you. Well, except for the Michigan winters ;)