Update

gangsterfurious

Hi everybody,

I am not sure who still reads this but I've checked my messages and have received many check-ups from all of you, which I appreciate. I am sorry I've been somewhat absent. This morning I'm sitting at home with a sore throat and I was going back, reading up, and catching up on some of my old threads.

Well, here's what's up.

While my marriage did not survive, I definitely have. I spent a lot of time with my therapist and just started working on loving myself, feeling better about myself, and starting a new life. During that time I confided in a very small number of close and trusted friends that supported me, kept me going, gave me ideas and helped me very much because sometimes they knew exactly what I was going through. One of my dearest friends was a man who had been through a lot of similar things in his marriage and so... we really bonded.

So, it got to the point very early on last year where my Uncle saw how my ex-husband was treating me and so, he offered to let me move back in with him, which was the plan, until my very dear friend and I realized that we both wanted much more, we are now starting life together.

All I can say is WOW. I can't even tell you how beautiful life is, how different, things are really, really good.

So anyway, that's what's up right now in a nutshell.

Personally I'm just plugging away at work (back in banking) and about to start a new job closer to home. After the Rush tour is over I should be back in school by Fall semester.

Anyway, if anybody still reads this, wonders what's up, that's the super condensed version.

- gangster

• Like 10

:hug2: :rose: Missed you. Just wanted you to know....

Hi Narp, great to see you, I missed you very much as well!

• Like 1

:hug2: :rose: Missed you. Just wanted you to know....

Hi Narp, great to see you, I missed you very much as well!

I tried at first to contact you when you disappeared but then it became painfully obvious that you probably were gone forever. Glad to see that wasn't the case and you are well. Makes my day to be honest.... :cheers:
  • Like 1

Hi everybody,

I am not sure who still reads this but I've checked my messages and have received many check-ups from all of you, which I appreciate. I am sorry I've been somewhat absent. This morning I'm sitting at home with a sore throat and I was going back, reading up, and catching up on some of my old threads.

Well, here's what's up.

While my marriage did not survive, I definitely have. I spent a lot of time with my therapist and just started working on loving myself, feeling better about myself, and starting a new life. During that time I confided in a very small number of close and trusted friends that supported me, kept me going, gave me ideas and helped me very much because sometimes they knew exactly what I was going through. One of my dearest friends was a man who had been through a lot of similar things in his marriage and so... we really bonded.

So, it got to the point very early on last year where my Uncle saw how my ex-husband was treating me and so, he offered to let me move back in with him, which was the plan, until my very dear friend and I realized that we both wanted much more, we are now starting life together.

All I can say is WOW. I can't even tell you how beautiful life is, how different, things are really, really good.

So anyway, that's what's up right now in a nutshell.

Personally I'm just plugging away at work (back in banking) and about to start a new job closer to home. After the Rush tour is over I should be back in school by Fall semester.

Anyway, if anybody still reads this, wonders what's up, that's the super condensed version.

- gangster

Welcome back. In more ways than one. :cheers:

• Like 2

Gangst, if you only knew how often I thought about you and, probably a lot more often, I prayed for you as well.

Glad to hear that you are all right and that you didn't jump - or so it seems - from the frying pan into the fire. :hug2:

Gangst, if you only knew how often I thought about you and, probably a lot more often, I prayed for you as well.

Glad to hear that you are all right and that you didn't jump - or so it seems - from the frying pan into the fire. :hug2:

Thank-you Lorraine, that means so much to me.

Somehow, around the same time, friends and family started to see what was going on, they knew I was more keeping up appearances, and so everybody just started to reach out to me, they even opened up their homes, tried to help me find jobs in other areas. I had so many places to go, Utah, Idaho, my hometown, San Francisco, Oakland. It was pretty damn amazing, but I decided on... Michigan because that's where my new love lives. We have a great little house and it's been a bit of a culture shock but I think for the most part I'm settling in nicely.

• Like 2

Somehow, around the same time, friends and family started to see what was going on, they knew I was more keeping up appearances, and so everybody just started to reach out to me, they even opened up their homes, tried to help me find jobs in other areas. I had so many places to go, Utah, Idaho, my hometown, San Francisco, Oakland. It was pretty damn amazing, but I decided on... Michigan because that's where my new love lives. We have a great little house and it's been a bit of a culture shock but I think for the most part I'm settling in nicely.

Hope you brought a winter coat.... ;)

Hope you brought a winter coat.... ;)

Winter coat, winter boots, winter gloves, wool socks. None of them are as warmed as I hoped.

Congrats on breaking away from the old unpleasant life and blossoming into the new. It was obvious you were very unhappy before and I'm so glad you were able to make a new life for yourself. That's awesome! I also had wondered what happened to you. You were always a great part of this forum and I hated to see that you were gone. Glad you're back and ready to rock. :D
  • Like 2

Congrats on breaking away from the old unpleasant life and blossoming into the new. It was obvious you were very unhappy before and I'm so glad you were able to make a new life for yourself. That's awesome! I also had wondered what happened to you. You were always a great part of this forum and I hated to see that you were gone. Glad you're back and ready to rock. :D

Thank-you Eagle, I just needed to get settled in here and take care of some things first.

• Like 1

Lady, I am SOOO glad you're back with us! You've been conspicuous in your absence; we've all missed your remarkable insight and sharp wit.

And congratulations on getting your life sorted. You so deserve to be happy and treated well.

• Like 3

Here you go: http://www.therushfo...eralist-no-287/

It seemed like a month ago, but it was actually in November.

Eeeep, I'll have to add that when I have a minute!