Do fans on the floor stand for most of the concert?

blueschica

Maybe you all can help this newbie here! I ended up with Row 16 tickets on the floor in Philly for Darling Husband and self. Haven't been to a concert in a while and didn't stop to think whether everyone in front of us will be standing the whole time or not. DOES the floor pretty much stand the whole time, do you think? I was so excited by the tour news and quick ticket sale that I kind of ignored that I have a chronic health condition causing muscular problems from time to time. Don't think I can stand for 3 hours- if I'll need to stand the whole time to see, I had better sell these and find some tickets in the side bowl. . . .

Yes, although obviously it goes without saying that you can (and most do) sit during the intermission. Sorry, silly idea here, but you could bring some phone books to sit on to add some height when you have to sit.

I think of all the concerts I have been to, the only two where sitting on the floor happened was at Weird Al and The Blue Man Group. Every other show involved standing (even a folk concert I went to had people standing).

I agree. You can pretty much count on everyone in front of you standing. If I were you, I think I'd keep the tickets, enter the show, then go up to the area you'd like to sit and offer to trade tickets with someone. I'm guessing you wouldn't have much trouble trading 16th row floor seats for some very good lower level seats. If you think you can stand long enough, you can maybe even wait until intermission. Just a thought.

I agree. You can pretty much count on everyone in front of you standing. If I were you, I think I'd keep the tickets, enter the show, then go up to the area you'd like to sit and offer to trade tickets with someone. I'm guessing you wouldn't have much trouble trading 16th row floor seats for some very good lower level seats. If you think you can stand long enough, you can maybe even wait until intermission. Just a thought.

Thanks, Spectre, I hadn't thought of that. Thought maybe I would have to sell them on StubHub or someplace. Yeah, I figured, about the standing. Might be OK for me, might not, but my son is getting married later in the summer and best not to get worn down to a frazzle before the big day. Wish the tour had included Hershey, PA as I am way more familiar with the Giant Center. My excitement for the tour took over my common sense for awhile Friday morning. . . . . thanks everyone for the info!

Thanks, Spectre, I hadn't thought of that. Thought maybe I would have to sell them on StubHub or someplace. Yeah, I figured, about the standing. Might be OK for me, might not, but my son is getting married later in the summer and best not to get worn down to a frazzle before the big day. Wish the tour had included Hershey, PA as I am way more familiar with the Giant Center. My excitement for the tour took over my common sense for awhile Friday morning. . . . . thanks everyone for the info!

I'm sure worst case scenario you can sit for a few songs. Choose your moments for songs you don't care as much about like people do for piss breaks

I'm sure worst case scenario you can sit for a few songs. Choose your moments for songs you don't care as much about like people do for piss breaks

I was gonna say the same thing. Alex and Neil always do solos to and you can sit during those to if you want. The first part of Rush's set is usually an hour, then there is about a 15 minute intermission (where you can sit) and then the second half is about 90 mins. Just to give you an idea of how long it is. Hopefully that's not too much standing for you because on the floor pretty much everyone stands. The way it's set up you pretty much need to be on you feet to see the show.

The very idea of not just standing, but not jumping and singing and screaming and air drumming and air guitaring during every moment they are playing boggles my mind. I'm usually very sore the next few days, and it's great soreness, like after really wild sex. Always have frog voice too.

I have been to multiple show every tour since 1989. I have never sat for a single song. People sitting during a Rush show are very few

Come to Montreal and get something other than floor seats. During the time machine tour only the floor was standing by the time they got to Faithless. It was shocking how dead the audience was despite the show looking sold out.