To Stand, or Not to Stand

Godot

I only ask because I have a seat that's literally 2 rows away from the main floor. There will be so much hype in front of me that I'd feel robbed if everyone around me were sitting and I couldn't stand and rock out. I've heard horror stories about people who stood and people behind them who wanted to sit and got pissed off.
  • Like 1

If you're in the first 10 rows stageside, you must stand the whole time. For your own enjoyment as well the band's satisifaction

If you're in the loge or upper mezzanines, you may chill at leisure.

If you're on the floor past the 10th row, you will HAVE to stand otherwise you won't see shit unless they have the jumbotron screens.

Edited by Van Squalen

I only ask because I have a seat that's literally 2 rows away from the main floor. There will be so much hype in front of me that I'd feel robbed if everyone around me were sitting and I couldn't stand and rock out. I've heard horror stories about people who stood and people behind them who wanted to sit and got pissed off.

That's why,

I always get an aisle seat. I can do my thing and no one gets pi**** off! :7up: :D

I plan on standing myself wherever I'm seated because I paid for my tickets as well and big concerts are for standing and rocking out.

Just a friendly reminder from your advocate from CP There might a handicapped person in a chair behind you.

Mick

I knew someone would mention this, lol. When making my first post, I was going to say "I stand, unless there is someone disabled behind me". I was lazy though.

Edited by geddylennon

Just a friendly reminder from your advocate from CP There might a handicapped person in a chair behind you.

Mick

I knew someone would mention this, lol. When making my first post, I was going to say "I stand, unless there is someone disabled behind me". I was lazy though.

It's ok to stand, lol. but Having CP is one of the reason's i stopped going to big Arena shows. I can't tell you how many times i've said could you please sit down, lol. I'll go to see acts at theaters and smaller halls though.

Mick

• Like 1

Don't stand in the upperbowl. People will get mad at you. I had a beer dumped on my head during Tom Sawyer in Edmonton when I stood up and started air drumming.

out of the concerts I've seen, rush is the only show where standing has been a serious issue. it doesn't make much sense to me, considering most of their music is upbeat and energetic rock. I understand that a lot of rush fans are old and don't like to stand for long, but everybody stands at iron maiden and their fanbase is about as old as rush's. I can't believe someone dumped a beer on you for standing during tom sawyer.

I nearly punched a guy in the face for telling me to sit down once. He literally pushed me physically to the point where I nearly fell forward into the crowd, and told me, very rudely to sit down.

Edited by fraroc

I nearly punched a guy in the face for telling me to sit down once. He literally pushed me physically to the point where I nearly fell forward into the crowd, and told me, very rudely to sit down.

Were you threatened?

Were you threatened?

No, but I did find it pretty rude of him to put his hands on my like that and literally command me to sit down. I mean, it was MOTLEY CRUE, how the hell can you not stand up to Motley Crue?! Looking back, I totally regret not at least opening my mouth and telling him to chill the f**k out. People go to rock concerts to have a good time, not just sit there like a f***ing chud and just watch.

• Like 1

I was going to open a new thread (tell me if I should!) but maybe you all can help this newbie here! I ended up with Row 16 tickets on the floor in Philly for Darling Husband and self. Haven't been to a concert in a while and didn't stop to think whether everyone in front of us will be standing the whole time or not. DOES the floor pretty much stand the whole time, do you think? I was so excited by the tour news and quick ticket sale that I kind of ignored that I have a chronic health condition causing muscular problems from time to time. Don't think I can stand for 3 hours- if it is all standing, I had better sell these and find some tickets in the side bowl. . . .