The "What I wanna hear" thread

Jaminbenb

-Fear

-Jacob's Ladder

-Broon's Bane/The Trees/Xanadu

-Full Cygnus X-1/Hemispheres (But it won't happen)

-A Farewell to Kings

-Something For Nothing

-Cut to the Chase

-Test For Echo

-Open Secrets or Turn The Page

-Countdown

Also "Chemistry" "Enemywithin" "Digital Man" Id say pull out "Entee Nous" and "Grand Designs" 2 songs o went crazy for but they didn't work live but was nice to hear it.Also I'd like to see album "Presto" get some tracks in maybe "The Pass" (one of my fav Rush songs) "Superconductor".id like "Jacobs Ladder" played it an be done and of course I'm seeing a melody goin on

And to all "CoS" fans hoping for songs...well....it ain't gonna happen

Theses just so many songs that I'd like to hear

But "Cut to the Chase" must be played!!!!

Oh I forgot and I may get serious shit for this but I am a drummer and love the solo but I'd like to see it dropped we could get another song in its place,plus Neil doesn't seem like he's into doing it anymore

I'm just gonna say right now that if they play The Pass I will start bawling my f***ing eyes out right there. Hopefully I won't be the only one.
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind hearing Crossroads. :yes:

One or two songs from Feedback would be pretty good, not gonna lie.

Different Strings done 'unplugged' style like they did Resist a few tours ago. Maybe segway Alex's 'Hope' solo into Different Strings. Give Neil a nice 5 minute break after his drum solo.

Purely selfishly, I want to hear some of the CA songs, but recorded and produced decently and with the extra breathing room that the live vibe naturally lends to the sound... I feel like CA is the Rush album with the greatest "unrealized potential" in that the songs themselves are mostly good but recorded/produced extremely poorly. If they were willing to record some of these songs (I'm thinking most of 7COG, which sounds the most "muffled" on the album, and Caravan/BU2B, where the guitar seems to overpower everything else to the point where it's actually very detrimental to the sound) in a live setting, with a decent amount of clarity and without Nick R. wreaking havoc on it production-wise, I would be very happy.

And for the inevitable complainers about the lack of pre-1980 songs in Rush's live sets, just look at the setlist of King Crimson's Power To Believe tour... ALL but two songs come from the THRAK-TPTB era (3 albums), with the other two crammed in at the end, and yet the tour and the resulting live DVD was actually very successful (from my viewpoint), revealing many characteristics of the TCOL/TPTB material that seemed to be sadly lacking in the studio. If only Rush would bother to make an audible live album with a liberal sprinkling of CA material. Ah well.

No "Feedback" don't get me wrong it was really cool hearing some covers but not on this tour
  • Like 1

The WHOLE Fly by Night album

You're in luck! Veeeeery likely, I know Neil especially has been itching to play "Best I Can" and "Rivendell" for ages! :LOL:
  • Like 1

Viable:

Cut To The Chase

Lock And Key

Xanadu

Mystic Rhythms

The Trees

Witch Hunt

By-Tor

The Enemy Within

Nobody's Hero

Armor and Sword