Someone offered to buy me tickets

jamie

I made a post in a Rush Facebook group about getting a job to save up for tickets. Some random dude commented and offered to buy tickets for me. At first I thought he was joking until he messaged me saying that he's serious. Now of course I'm not gonna take his offer because it seems kinda sketchy, and I already applied for a job. Personally I want to work for the tickets so it'll be much more rewarding, and I can help my family get decent seats. Would you accept an online stranger's offer for Rush tickets?
  • Like 1

I made a post in a Rush Facebook group about getting a job to save up for tickets. Some random dude commented and offered to buy tickets for me. At first I thought he was joking until he messaged me saying that he's serious. Now of course I'm not gonna take his offer because it seems kinda sketchy, and I already applied for a job. Personally I want to work for the tickets so it'll be much more rewarding, and I can help my family get decent seats. Would you accept an online stranger's offer for Rush tickets?

That's a tough question. I would probably check him out first. See if you have any friends in common, see if anybody really knows him in real life. If you have any weird feelings about it at all, walk away.

Yes - Sketchy = Creepy

Yes - Work for the money for your own tickets = more rewarding

No - Would not accept tickets = Unless it came from the band or a representative of the band.

There was a songwriter from Canada who wrote, "You don't get something for nothing".

Something to be said there, don't you think?

• Like 4

That's a tough question. I would probably check him out first. See if you have any friends in common, see if anybody really knows him in real life. If you have any weird feelings about it at all, walk away.

I don't have a very bad feeling about this, but I would just feel very guilty and undeserving if i did accept the offer so I won't. There's just too many things that could go wrong if i did.

I don't have a very bad feeling about this, but I would just feel very guilty and undeserving if i did accept the offer so I won't. There's just too many things that could go wrong if i did.

Well there you go. Then don't do it.

• Like 1

From a stranger, f**k no.

On the other hand, if the guy is Narpski, I would accept. ;)

I was gonna post even before I read this kind post that it really blows that folks in general don't trust each other anymore. I am not saying in my youth that everyone did but it appears to be way worse today. This forum is a perfect example of the fact that there are folks still around that just want to be nice and helpful. Pretty refreshing to be honest... Do what you feel in your heart Miss rushshirt... :) Edited by Narpski
  • Like 4

I was gonna post even before I read this kind post that it really blows that folks in general don't trust each other anymore. I am not saying in my youth that everyone did but it appears to be way worse today. This forum is a perfect example of the fact that there are folks still around that just want to be nice and helpful. Pretty refreshing to be honest... Do what you feel in your heart Miss rushshirt... :)

Hope her heart says no, to an online stranger.

Hell, I saw Hitchcock yesterday and I learned, even not to talk to strangers on a train. :tsk: :smoke:

Hey Narp, with your reputation on this board, I'd try to become a trusted reseller of Rush tickets, at least over summer. Seems like a good sideline. :D-13:

I was gonna post even before I read this kind post that it really blows that folks in general don't trust each other anymore. I am not saying in my youth that everyone did but it appears to be way worse today. This forum is a perfect example of the fact that there are folks still around that just want to be nice and helpful. Pretty refreshing to be honest... Do what you feel in your heart Miss rushshirt... :)

:goodone:

It sure isn't like the old days but their are still decent folks in the world. :cheers:

• Like 4

It sure isn't like the old days but their are still decent folks in the world. :cheers:

I think there are too but you have to be careful. Especially if you're a woman.

• Like 1

I think there are too but you have to be careful. Especially if you're a woman.

This is true,

I don't trust people like I have in the past.

• Like 1

A few years back..when I had money I offered to buy tickets for a member. He paid me back but didn't have money at the time. They were around $600. I didn't know him, he was some college student short on funds. Hope this didn't make me a "creepy" member. :)
  • Like 2

Good luck on your job search. :cheers:

How old is said guy?

he graduated from high school in '85 just like my parents so he must be around their age. but im not gonna accept the offer.

That is really wierd. If I was at the show and it was 10 minutes into the show and someone was tring to just dump lawn seats and offered, then yes, but now NO.

I would think so sort of scam is going on.