2015 - 07/13 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Maverik Center

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

So it looks like there are two bars close to the Maverik Center, Bout Time Pub and Grub and The Puck. Since I like hockey, I would vote for the Puck but I don't live in SLC and have never been to either establishment. Opinions from the locals?

The Puck is bigger but I haven't been there in years. I'll have to check with friends and see if anyone knows more about them. The plus side, both are in walking distance to the Maverik Center :)

Are you going on the pre-sale tomorrow? Hoping I can get something but have to talk it over with my sister (my hubby says it is up to me what I think I can afford )

The show's on a Monday, so I may be taking a couple hours off early that afternoon to properly pre-game. So glad I got not-shitty seats for SLC. Floor BB, Row 3. Best seats ever, and first time in the center section.

2 VIP packages (1 for my daughter), $$$$$$$.

But if this is the "end-ish," money well spent.

Well, I've only seen one other show at the Maverik Center. It was Foo Fighters and I was at the ceiling. Sound quality was decent for that show, though. Rush normally plays Usana, but I always hated seeing them there because you couldn't see any of their lights/screens during the first half because the sun sets right into the stage.

I bought a VIP 8th row Alex tix for this show. How is this venue as I just recently moved here from Wisconsin?

Well, I've only seen one other show at the Maverik Center. It was Foo Fighters and I was at the ceiling. Sound quality was decent for that show, though. Rush normally plays Usana, but I always hated seeing them there because you couldn't see any of their lights/screens during the first half because the sun sets right into the stage.

I bought a VIP 8th row Alex tix for this show. How is this venue as I just recently moved here from Wisconsin?

It's not real big but the sound quality is pretty good, I saw Sting there and it was great. This will be my first indoor Rush concert, glad it is inside this time. It was way too hot for Clockwork Angels! Welcome to the land of Zion :lol:

probably the best indoor biggish venue in Utah--glad they are not at the Energy Solutions Arena, horrible sound there.

Would have preferred Usana, but as far as indoor venues go it's decent.

Our seats are 14th row Alex's side.

I think we are on Geddy's side, row 15..getting so excited the tour is finally starting! :yes: :yay:

I'm glad that I'm hearing The Maverik Center does not have shit sound. I was bummed they weren't going to Usana, and that they weren't going to Red Rocks for Denver.

1 Week to go!!! :dweez: :yay: :cheerleader: Anyone have a preference on where to meet up before the concert? I haven't been to either the Puck or 'Bout Time...some folks on Facebook are thinking about the latter... I just am so hyped, can't believe it is almost here :yes: :banana:

1 Week to go!!! :dweez: :yay: :cheerleader: Anyone have a preference on where to meet up before the concert? I haven't been to either the Puck or 'Bout Time...some folks on Facebook are thinking about the latter... I just am so hyped, can't believe it is almost here :yes: :banana:

I still vote the Puck since I like hockey but either one is ok with me.

I still vote the Puck since I like hockey but either one is ok with me.

I am leaning towards the Puck too...anyone else have a preference? Anyone frequent the Facebook page? Heard there was a group from there going too...

I would probably say the Puck- They also have a large upstairs/patio area.

Ok we have 3 votes for the Puck. My sister and I are planning on arriving at the Puck at 4:30, she has to work so that is the earliest we can get there. Anyone who wants to go earlier and save us a table, let us know. I have two more friends who will be coming so that is 7 at present but will have to see who else may post here before we arrive. C'mon Monday...I am psyched! :dweez: :D

People should check Ticketmaster now if they don't have seats for this show yet, they have finally released a ton. Just got 5th row Alex's side for face value :7up:

Lucky you! :pokercards:

I would probably say the Puck- They also have a large upstairs/patio area.

Ok we have 3 votes for the Puck. My sister and I are planning on arriving at the Puck at 4:30, she has to work so that is the earliest we can get there. Anyone who wants to go earlier and save us a table, let us know. I have two more friends who will be coming so that is 7 at present but will have to see who else may post here before we arrive. C'mon Monday...I am psyched! :dweez: :D

:bump:

Hey folks, I'm a newbie to the boards and Salt Lake City (been here less than a year). But I'm pumped for tomorrow's show (my third Rush gig ever) and I'd love join the meetup beforehand. I work til 5pm and could probably get to The Puck by 5:30. Will you be staying for a little while or does everyone plan on heading over to the Maverik Center right at 6 when doors open?

Since the Maverik Center is a short walk from the Puck, I would think people would hang out til around 7. I probably won't even get there until around 6 since I have a long drive.

Archived