2015 - 06/27 - Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

It's fine. As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening. I've been to many shows and no issues.

Cannot wait !!!

I am not going,

I was just curious. Seems like some places where ok to walk around but if you went outside of a certain area it as like a whole other world. :P

Damn

I thought you were attending the show.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have 1 hour and 20 minutes to figure this out and I don't know who is selling these tickets, where to go to get them for general sale, or how much the price levels are. I'm so out of touch. lol Help!

I have 1 hour and 20 minutes to figure this out and I don't know who is selling these tickets, where to go to get them for general sale, or how much the price levels are. I'm so out of touch. lol Help!

Go to Ticketmaster.

Go to Ticketmaster.

Thank you! :cheers:

It's fine. As long as you park within a few blocks of the Pru and party at the restaurants outside the entrance, enjoy the evening. I've been to many shows and no issues.

Cannot wait !!!

I am not going,

I was just curious. Seems like some places where ok to walk around but if you went outside of a certain area it as like a whole other world. :P

Damn

I thought you were attending the show.

I wish. :cheers:

Some info for people looking to meet before the show. I live within about 5-10 minutes of the venue, FWIW. I see some folks are considering the bar across the street, which I've never been to. There are quite a few places worth checking out if you plan on doing more than just have a drink or several. The "ironbound" section has tons of great Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian food for people looking to have a meal before the show, and prices are not extravagant. There are also other places in the general area, such as Don Pepe's which is right next to the river about a few blocks walk from the train station area, and has its own parking lot and a bar. Forno's of Spain is a good ironbound spot for both a bar and sitdown dinner too, especially for seafood. There are Brazilian places with excellent barbecue--Brazilia Grill has an all-you-can-eat deal that's not bad, but it can get crowded and you might wait for a table, especially with a large group. They might take reservations, I'm not sure.

Some info for people looking to meet before the show. I live within about 5-10 minutes of the venue, FWIW. I see some folks are considering the bar across the street, which I've never been to. There are quite a few places worth checking out if you plan on doing more than just have a drink or several. The "ironbound" section has tons of great Spanish, Portuguese and Brazilian food for people looking to have a meal before the show, and prices are not extravagant. There are also other places in the general area, such as Don Pepe's which is right next to the river about a few blocks walk from the train station area, and has its own parking lot and a bar. Forno's of Spain is a good ironbound spot for both a bar and sitdown dinner too, especially for seafood. There are Brazilian places with excellent barbecue--Brazilia Grill has an all-you-can-eat deal that's not bad, but it can get crowded and you might wait for a table, especially with a large group. They might take reservations, I'm not sure.

Don Pepe's is sooooooo good!

Got my tiks after scanning the secondary market every day since the end of January. Considering the skyrocketing prices, I got a really good deal - I think.

Section 114 - Row 2 - seats 19 & 20.

I know there side stage which is fine. Anyone have a good perspective of these seats?

Don Pepe's??????????? One of my old favorite hangouts. Many a lunch hour and after work hour(s) spent in that place.

You must live in Ironbound.

You folks have no idea how fortunate you are living in the NYC Metro area. I'd give anything to still be living back there.

I'm wondering same, about the side stage...reconsidering a ticket there, but also still not sure about getting there and home in one piece. Uber?

I'm wondering same, about the side stage...reconsidering a ticket there, but also still not sure about getting there and home in one piece. Uber?

The venue is only a couple blocks from Newark Penn Station. Coming from JC, I would just take a PATH train. NJT trains and buses go there as well.

We chatted about this on my post looking for MSG. I can't get to PATH and it would be two trains from where I am, haven't checked out buses yet. Don't want to drive and park.

But also wondering what side stage is like at Pru and if it's worth all the trouble.

Something like Uber is probably your best bet then.

As far as the seat, personally i like to be in front of the stage, as close to the center for Rush due to the movie screen and other stuff going on on stage. I've been on the side, though, and certainly not terrible. Here is a seating chart and link to an interactive map where you can click on the section you are interested in. It's meant for sports, though, so you'll have to use a little bit of imagination.

https://seatgeek.com.../seating-chart/

http://www.prucenter.com/images/seating/pru_seating.end_stage.650x454.jpg

Thanks. Yeah, it doesn't look too bad, of course I'd rather have them directly in front of me but what can you do. I just wonder about the stage set up this time around, but it's not like we're going to know till they start the tour. But I saw them from the side at the Garden a few yrs ago, CA tour and it was pretty good.

For RTB I had 2nd row side, overlooking Neil. Awesome view of entire stage, pedals, guitars, overlooking drums, but no view of screen. I think I liked those seats better than 4th row center. With everyone standing, floor views can be blocked , even for us tall folk. If close, the side seats are good. Prices should come down as show arrives.

I've always taken NJ transit to the pru, never an issue. I just try to stay close to the crowd on the walk to the train station after the show.

On TM, it shows that they're only doing very limited seating in sections 10 & 17 and otherwise nothing further to the side/back. Based on that there are no true side stage seats...everything is petty much in front. I'd be willing to bet that sections 9 & 18 will be very good. 8 & 19 as well. Especially if you get in a low numbered row.

On TM, it shows that they're only doing very limited seating in sections 10 & 17 and otherwise nothing further to the side/back. Based on that there are no true side stage seats...everything is petty much in front. I'd be willing to bet that sections 9 & 18 will be very good. 8 & 19 as well. Especially if you get in a low numbered row.

Oh, that's what the grey areas are. Duh. Thanks.

My touring experience goes back to the late 80's & early 90's. I can't remember exactly, but I waited out all night and got similar seats but at the old Richfield Colisieum in Ohio for HYF. To be equal, it was probably more similar to 127 or 128 on the PC seating chart, but I remember looking down on Alex and having a great view.

In addition, seats 19 & 20 in 114 are closer to 113. The average list price for a single ticket on StubHub in either section 114 or it's opposite counterpart 126 is around $188. I was able to get my two for almost half that price per ticket. I couldn't pass up on it.

The final little additive to my reason for going for it was remembering that the 3d chart for PC doesn't do justice to the actual seat. My son and I had section 1 for CA. Having been used to the old BB arena and based upon the 3d chart, I thought the stage was going to be "miles" away. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived for the show that we were much closer.

Don Pepe's??????????? One of my old favorite hangouts. Many a lunch hour and after work hour(s) spent in that place.

You folks have no idea how fortunate you are living in the NYC Metro area. I'd give anything to still be living back there.

Lorraine, I actually don't live in Newark, but I spent 4 years going to med school there, and after first year of residency moved from NYC back to a town across the river from Newark to save on rent and move in with my future wife.

Laura, the Rock is built very steep so that as you go up you don't go very far back. So side stage here are probably a lot closer than MSG especially as you go to upper levels. the place was built with hockey in mind, so they tried to prevent upper level people from being so far away that they can't follow a puck on the ice.

Lorraine, I actually don't live in Newark, but I spent 4 years going to med school there, and after first year of residency moved from NYC back to a town across the river from Newark to save on rent and move in with my future wife.

Laura, the Rock is built very steep so that as you go up you don't go very far back. So side stage here are probably a lot closer than MSG especially as you go to upper levels. the place was built with hockey in mind, so they tried to prevent upper level people from being so far away that they can't follow a puck on the ice.

So 114 row 2 seats 19-20 are good seats?

Archived