2015 - 06/14 - Detroit, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

For those interested, there's going to be a pre show meet up of Rush fans at O'Malleys Tavern, which is located in the Crown Plaza hotel in Auburn Hills. Starts at about 3 pm i think?

Omallys will be providing free appetizers for us pre-show along with regular menu items. They have a well rounded menu and very friendly staff. they will be open after the concert is over

wink emoticon

they also serve pizzas in the later hours of the evening and they are tasty !!

1500 Opdyke Road • Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

Phone: (248) 373-4550 • Fax: (248) 373-8220

Toll Free: (877) 2-CROWNE

Cicerelli's (sp?) across the street from the palace is a popular meet up place. big sports bar, food is OK and for $5.00 you can take the shuttle to & from the show. (a lot less expensive than parking at the palace!!)

ALSO.... CONSTRUCTION. I want to give everyone a heads up that will be using I-75 to get to the Palace . The University Drive exit that most of you will take to get to your hotels on Opdyke Rd is under construction and it's a mess.

If you are taking I-75 South from northern Michigan, I suggest taking Joslyn Road exit and taking either Brown Rd or Harmon Rd. to M-24 and approach the Palace from the North.

If you are taking I-75 North from Canada or southern states, I suggest taking either Bus-75/Square Lake Road exit to Opdyke Road, then take Opdyke Rd NORTH to your hotels. OR you could take I-75 to M-59 WEST to Opdyke RD NORTH to your hotels. Both Square Lake and M-59 are south of the University Drive exit, so you will avoid the construction on 75 at that exit if you leave 75 earlier and take Opdyke north instead. Its only a few miles and it's a commercial/residential area.

Luckily, the show is on a Sunday so there won't be any commuter traffic to contend with., 75 is f***ed up, 94 is f***ed up. it's all a hot construction mess...

here's a link to check out construction bullshit from downtown detroit for those who may be in that area...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/section-of-i75-being-closed-for-weekend-in-downtown-detroit-for-light-rail-project-work/33500192

See ya'll Sunday !! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

:dweez: :cheerleader: :yay: :7up: :haz: :rush:

:coy:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's very good to know. I'll get off at 59, that will help big time. Still waiting to get tickets, side sections just opened up but there are better ones coming. Fun! If not, nosebleeds are fine with me because they are cheaper. Fun!

This is very tempting.... Last nights show was amazing!

Do it!!! I went to Cleveland Blossom Center two nights after the Detroit show on the R30 tour. Picked up a 15th row Center last minute, drove to Cleveland and stared down the throat of Neil's bass drum with the multi reflective skull on it. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made!

Hope to see some of you at the pre-gatherings, tailgating or at the show!

That's very good to know. I'll get off at 59, that will help big time. Still waiting to get tickets, side sections just opened up but there are better ones coming. Fun! If not, nosebleeds are fine with me because they are cheaper. Fun!

Try and call the Box Office. I just scored Section 101, Row 2.

Ill be at one of the meetups before the show, im driving in from Milwaukee tomrrow morning.

Ill be at one of the meetups before the show, im driving in from Milwaukee tomrrow morning.

I saw those on TM and thought about buying those, but I think some better ones are coming tomorrow. If not I'll sit in the nosebleeds for $30 a ticket. I'm holding on, and think I'll reel in the big fish. I've done it twice before, I think I can do it again!

Section 101 row B or row BB?

I saw those on TM and thought about buying those, but I think some better ones are coming tomorrow. If not I'll sit in the nosebleeds for $30 a ticket. I'm holding on, and think I'll reel in the big fish. I've done it twice before, I think I can do it again!

BB seat 15, so it's pretty close to the stage.

I held out for Chicago a few tours back and got 3rd row center he night before, but I didn't wanna chance it before a 6 hour drive. These seats should be pretty good as well.

I held out for Chicago a few tours back and got 3rd row center he night before, but I didn't wanna chance it before a 6 hour drive. These seats should be pretty good as well.

That's a nice seat! I'm still holding out...we'll see what happens. I don't want to pay face to sit 30 rows away, it's just too much for me now. So I'll either pay face to be very close, or pay half-price and sit in the lower/upper bowl and enjoy my drink and light show.

I'm in 101 as well! Row CC seat 1 - opposite end of the section :(

I'm still fishing. The stupid map just stopped working, back to the "old school" method of refresh...no tix...refresh...no tix...refresh...FRONT ROW. Not yet....but hoping.

I'm still fishing. The stupid map just stopped working, back to the "old school" method of refresh...no tix...refresh...no tix...refresh...FRONT ROW. Not yet....but hoping.

If you want to settle, PM me or text me - My friend is trying to sell her ticket (her friend cancelled)

Another astounding Rush show - Thanks Rush! You've blown me away once again! My niece's first Rush show, and she had a blast as well!

We went to the Crown Plaza before the show and were a bit overwhelmed by the mass of Rush fans! Thanks for the tip, as the service was awesome there and they did a great job taking care of all the fans. Not a bad mini burger I must say... Did meet Huge Ackman and a few others, and it was a pleasure talking with you all!

This humble fan remains astounded by this band we all love, and I hold out hope that this wasn't the last time I'll witness the passion and precision they deliver night after night.

Until next time.... H to O

The show ROCKED - but was anyone else melting in their seats? OMG - I only drank water at the show - I was literally replacing what I was losing - the Palace needs to upgrade the AC. Ugh.

The show ROCKED - but was anyone else melting in their seats? OMG - I only drank water at the show - I was literally replacing what I was losing - the Palace needs to upgrade the AC. Ugh.

It was toasty indeed.

It was hot in there for sure. No air movement at all. I felt sorry for the band! How Alex wears a sport coat while he's playing in those hot environments is a mystery to me. I also noticed Neil re-hydrating between damn near every song,.. Maybe that's normal regardless of a non-functioning air system though. Maybe now that Rush is getting older, they're getting colder and need to crank up the heat!

It was pretty warm in there. It was nice meeting you and everyone else!

It was pretty warm in there. It was nice meeting you and everyone else!

And you as well!

We'll have to get together again!

It wasn't the heat... it was the inhumanity.... :syrinx:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/b4d4b587-53fb-4663-9d25-ff702e077bc0_zpsif9wrheu.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/0614152237_zpsr2apwygc.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/0614152119_zpsevmxmwtw.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/0614152007_zpsdj3lkile.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%202012%20The%20Palace%20Detroit/0614151948_zpso67dlipn.jpg

Archived