HARD GETTING ANY SEATS, NOT EVEN ROWs 1-5 !

got rush?

Hey people, did it seem really hard if not impossible to get ANY seats Row 1-6 or 7, 8 ?

I spent 20-30 minutes juggling 2 computers trying to score seats for Alpharetta and Dallas VIP GOLD-- only to come away empty handed.

Yes I turned away some hoping for better.

It seems that everybody had a hard time getting the seats they wanted.

Where is your seats?? If you don't mind sharing with us.

I know where mine are!!--some resellers pocket.

I will keep trying. I'll never give up on RUSH.

Update: Just realized this same question has been asked. Sorry.

Edited by scheming watchmaker

Same frustrations with me. Took a vacation day to be home, ready to go for the start of the presales. I intended to do VIP for Newark and fan presale for Buffalo. Last tour I did VIP for the Newark and Hamilton shows and it was a piece of cake both times so wasn't expecting what happened yesterday.

Started trying to get Gold VIP the milisecond they went on sale and kept getting 'no seats available' over and over. Never got anything to come up with the VIP, very frustrating especially when within 20-30 minutes premium seats started appearing on Stub Hub. Last I checked floor seats in the first 5 rows were going for $800-$2600 EACH. I LOVE this band but can't spend $5K to see one show last tour or not. Gave up on VIP after an hour, wasn't willing to spend over $800 for a pair of tickets knowing they would be closer to row 10 than up front at that point.

While attempting the VIP tix for Newark was also concurrently trying the fan presale, "tickets not available at this level" message constantly but with patience every 20 tries or so tickets would be available, but not very good ones. I did eventually get row 20 in Alex's section so I bought them, knowing if something better came up I could easily sell these later as the show will sell out.

Then switched my attention to Buffalo, never got anything to come up as available...maybe I'll try again today.

At this point, I have a pair of decent seats for Newark and room reserved at the Marriott that's any easy walk to the venue. It's a 4 hour drive for us so we'll just head down early and savor the day; nice thing about the Prudential Center is there's plenty of bars and restaurants right there.

Yes I admit that I did throw back Row 9 and Row 8 with hopes of getting better seats.

I guess we have been lucky. Wife and I have been on 1st row, 2nd row, 3rd and 4th. Even 5th row (Chicago-TM.)

When you have spent 3 plus hours so close to the stage the feeling is unmatched by anything except by being close to stage. Huh?

Oh well, it Is cool being close enough to say "Geddy was talkng to me" or a"Alex winked at me" (my wife). or whatever.

We will keep on trying for VIP GOLD.

IM NOT SURE what I'm doing wrong but I need my RUSH FIX.

Hey people, did it seem really hard if not impossible to get ANY seats Row 1-6 or 7, 8 ?

I spent 20-30 minutes juggling 2 computers trying to score seats for Alpharetta and Dallas VIP GOLD-- only to come away empty handed.

I purposefully immediately went for silver for two reasons. One, to not get my hopes up of being right up front. Two, thinking I would at least get to the front of the silver line with others looking for gold level tickets. I am center floor, 11th row for Dallas.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

In the bigger anecdotal picture, I do have to wonder if the last tour of this magnitude comment in the press release is already driving up demand and that is what we are seeing...

Uber-diehards who want to be upfront will continue to seek those tickets, of course.

Likewise, resellers are still going to play their games.

But with this announcement I think there are quite a few diehards, like me, who attend multiple shows a tour, but are usually content to stay off the floor and be in the lower bowl, that are more likely to splurge a bit for a pre-sale floor experience knowing this could be it.

What's more, I have heard from a number of long time fans who, for various reasons, haven't gotten around to a show in a long time who are now trying to get into the presale mix not to be on the floor per se, but to guarantee getting tickets.

In the bigger anecdotal picture, I do have to wonder if the last tour of this magnitude comment in the press release is already driving up demand and that is what we are seeing...

Uber-diehards who want to be upfront will continue to seek those tickets, of course.

But with this announcement I think there are quite a few diehards, like me, who attend multiple shows a tour, but are usually content to stay off the floor and be in the lower bowl, that are more likely to splurge a bit for a pre-sale floor experience knowing this could be it.

What's more, I have heard from a number of long time fans who, for various reasons, haven't gotten around to a show in a long time who are now trying to get into the presale mix not to be on the floor per se, but to guarantee getting tickets.

As long as people pay, prices will continue to skyrocket. I wouldn't pay $400 a ticket to witness the second coming of christ, let alone a band I've seen ten times already.
  • Like 2

I just looked on StubHub. LIke SW said, the resellers have all the tix, so f**k it - unless something pops up later, I guess I'm not going. I'm not sitting way at the back. I didn't know the presale was yesterday, or I would have pulled over and bought tix.

Doesn't matter. I got other shit to handle right now.

• Like 1

Explain to me say RUSH R40 —New Orleans, LA.

New Orleans hasn't even went on sale yet.

Stubhub, tickeliquidator and others have 100's of tickets for sale.

Before pre sale??

Floor seats for $$2500 --$4000 each ???

How is that possible.

Do they anticipate seats that they might get??

How did I make a boo boo?

Edited by got rush?
  • Like 2

I just looked on StubHub. LIke SW said, the resellers have all the tix, so f**k it - unless something pops up later, I guess I'm not going. I'm not sitting way at the back. I didn't know the presale was yesterday, or I would have pulled over and bought tix.

I started trying to get VIP Gold for San Jose at the exact second they became available. Not only were there no gold, there was no silver. How could all of them been sold in seconds? The best seat they offered me was halfway back of the arena on the side. How could all of those seats been sold so quick? My guess is they held them back for the brokers at a premium price. Really shitty to do that to the fans.

As long as people pay, prices will continue to skyrocket. I wouldn't pay $400 a ticket to witness the second coming of christ, let alone a band I've seen ten times already.

Tickets will turn up. Stubhub gets cheaper closer to the show date. The venues often release good seats a few days before the show. It always pays to check. At this stage of their game, there's little to no intimacy at a Rush show, so I don't care if I get floor or bowl.

Before pre sale??

How is that possible.

http://www.fanarchist.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/image-11.png
  • Like 1

Before pre sale??

How is that possible.

Good question. How do scalpers know what seats they will have before any pre-sale has even happened? How do they know they will get Section 1, Row C, seat 4-8?

Before pre sale??

How is that possible.

http://www.fanarchist.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/image-11.png

Tickets will turn up. Stubhub gets cheaper closer to the show date. The venues often release good seats a few days before the show. It always pays to check. At this stage of their game, there's little to no intimacy at a Rush show, so I don't care if I get floor or bowl.

Yeah, but you won't get the swag that comes with VIP. Rush should have taken a lesson from Iron Maiden and take care of the fan club members.

I purposefully immediately went for silver for two reasons. One, to not get my hopes up of being right up front. Two, thinking I would at least get to the front of the silver line with others looking for gold level tickets. I am center floor, 11th row for Dallas.

How did you find out what seats you have for VIP tickets?

I got four Gold VIP on row 7 in Alpharetta. When they popped up I freaked out because they said "ROW B". SECOND FREAKING ROW!

Alas, there's a 5-row PIT section in front.

Still awesome, but <sigh>.

It was definitely a frustrating process this year for VIP tickets. For the first few tries it showed no seats were available. This was within the first minute tickets went on sale. After about 15 minutes, I ended up with 3rd row in Tulsa, and 4th row in Chicago.

Before pre sale??

How is that possible.

I noticed that too. Now granted, it's been years since I went to shows on a regular basis (I remember the scalpers would hire kids to camp out in line at the box office) but I usually had a fighting chance to get good seats. So how do they get tickets in advance? Do they have a deal with the venues to get tickets before any pre-sales? If so, it just seems like the system has become even more rigged than it used to be.

I think I just had dumb luck this time around getting the seats I got for Philly, NJ & MSG