What Rush album is the most consistent ?

Bytor and the Snow-Dog

AFTK-HYF

If push came to shove, I would pick Moving Pictures. It has the highest highs, and the highest lows. Same goes to Hold Your Fire.

I'd go with Power Windows or Hold Your Fire. I like just about every song from both those albums.

Hemispheres and Permanent Waves are consistent but they're shorter albums which certainly helps.

• Like 1

I'd go with Power Windows or Hold Your Fire. I like just about every song from both those albums.

Hemispheres and Permanent Waves are consistent but they're shorter albums which certainly helps.

Ahh yes,those were the days when you only had 40-45 minutes per album(30 minutes if you were The Ramones or Van Halen)where there was only one or two fillers not 75 minutes to hide half dozen half baked ideas and bonus tracks tracks to an unfocused mess.

Ahh yes,those were the days when you only had 40-45 minutes per album(30 minutes if you were The Ramones or Van Halen)where there was only one or two fillers not 75 minutes to hide half dozen half baked ideas and bonus tracks tracks to an unfocused mess.

True that.

Hemis is for me a bit to laboured. It could have been shrunk down to about 14 minutes and been waaay better. Maybe they just didn't have any other material.

For me PeW/MP/Signals are all the most consistent. Have been for me since the start (about 1986)

This. The defining core trio of Rush albums. PW, MP, Signals. GUP would almost make that cut were it not for the few weaker tracks on it.

• Like 1

Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Grace Under Pressure.

Side 2 MP is much worse than Side 1. Signals is scattered.

whhha Side 2 is beast side 1 is just radio hits besides yyz. The camera eye is alot more progressive than almost all side 1 tracks combined.

whhha Side 2 is beast side 1 is just radio hits besides yyz. The camera eye is alot more progressive than almost all side 1 tracks combined.

Tom Sawyer and Red Barchetta are both pretty damn prog if you ask me
  • Like 1

In terms of Quality, Power Windows, in terms of sound (do the songs sound similar), the debut album.
  • Like 1

Farewell to Kings, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures, Hemispheres, and Power Windows are all very consistent quality. I recently made a Rush Favorites play list on my iPhone and these were the only CDs where every song was added

Signals would be on there too if it wasn't for Chemistry and Losing It. I like Losing It, but I skip it lately. I've accepted that things come and go, but I don't need a reminder every day that my favorite band will end eventually along with other good things. Doesn't fit in with my ethos, man. Chemistry just hasn't really aged well.

Hold Your Fire would be there too if it wasn't for Tai Shan. I don't really hate Tai Shan, just not one of my favorites. Every other song is in my favorites playlist.

the camera eye is definitely the most prog song on that album it easliy beats tom sawyer and Rb is still not as prog as vital sign imo

the camera eye is definitely the most prog song on that album it easliy beats tom sawyer and Rb is still not as prog as vital sign imo

Whatever, Vital Signs sounds like Talking Heads meets the Police. Why is Camera Eye the most prog? Because it's long? Edited by Geddy's Soul Patch

I don't care how "progressive" or "non-progressive" Side 1 is, I care how "good" it is, and in that regard it certainly stands up well. Using "prog" as a synonym for "good" is an EXTREMELY annoying (but irritatingly common) mistake IMO. Edited by len(songs)

COS is damn consistent. and i know that's none to popular here but that album Rocks. I prefer it to 2112 myself

Mick

I prefer it to 2112 as well, though I wouldn't quite put it on the "classic" level. As far as consistency goes, I think that ITIGB kind of puts a damper on that.

Edited by len(songs)
  • Like 1

COS is damn consistent. and i know that's none to popular here but that album Rocks. I prefer it to 2112 myself

Mick

I prefer it to 2112 as well, though I wouldn't quite put it on the "classic" level. As far as consistency goes, I think that ITIGB kind of puts a damper on that.

I could take or Leave ITIGB......But the rest is prime. 2112 Is a one song album........the epic.......and then oh yea here's some stuff for side 2, lol. Blasphemous opinion. but there it is.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I could take or Leave ITIGB......But the rest is prime. 2112 Is a one song album........the epic.......and then oh yea here's some stuff for side 2, lol. Blasphemous opinion. but there it is.

Mick

No love for Bangkok or Lessons?

Mick

Mick

No love for Bangkok or Lessons?

well.......bangkok of course but on whole.....while they are good songs don't get me wrong.........they just FEEL like they said OK we need a side 2 now, lol,

Mick

• Like 1

I love side 2 and listen to it on its own more than 2112. Just like with Hemi. Caress I rarely listen to(with or without the wife around). Side 2 is weak imo. Necromancer is the best cut on here and even this has its issues. This is a good album though.

Side one

Bastile Day

Best I Can

Lakeside Park

By-Tor and the Snowdog

The Necromancer

Side two

Fly By Night

"The Fountain of Lamneth

I. In the Valley

II. No One at the Bridge

III. Panacea

IV. The Fountain

In the End

Edited by Digital Dad

I love side 2 and listen to it on its own more than 2112. Just like with Hemi. Caress I rarely listen to(with or without the wife around). Side 2 is weak imo. Necromancer is the best cut on here and even this has its issues. This is a good album though.

Side one

Bastile Day

Best I Can

Lakeside Park

By-Tor and the Snowdog

The Necromancer

Side two

Fly By Night

"The Fountain of Lamneth

I. In the Valley

II. No One at the Bridge

III. Panacea

IV. The Fountain

In the End

lol Fly by night isnt on caress of steel

Side one

Bastile Day

Best I Can

Lakeside Park

By-Tor and the Snowdog

The Necromancer

Side two

Fly By Night

"The Fountain of Lamneth

I. In the Valley

II. No One at the Bridge

III. Panacea

IV. The Fountain

In the End

The disc is a hybrid between FBN and COS, so of course no everything is from COS :whip:

Side one

Bastile Day

Best I Can

Lakeside Park

By-Tor and the Snowdog

The Necromancer

Side two

Fly By Night

"The Fountain of Lamneth

I. In the Valley

II. No One at the Bridge

III. Panacea

IV. The Fountain

In the End

The disc is a hybrid between FBN and COS, so of course not everything is from COS :whip:

Edited by len(songs)

Hold Your Fire seems to be one long smooth easy-listening ride of elevator music.

(In a good way of course!) :D

But rush fans probably don't want elevator music haha

Stop trying to pidgeonhole Rush fans. They're not a homogenous mass; there are plenty of fans who'd rate HYF higher than AFTK or Hems. And don't you go on about "real Rush fans"; I'm sick and tired of that attitude, and it alienates fans without accomplishing anything.

Edited by len(songs)